James Cameron Talks Alien: Covenant

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Jan 27, 2017, 06:45:47 PM

Author
James Cameron Talks Alien: Covenant (Read 33,286 times)

Necronomicon II

Quote from: SiL on Jan 30, 2017, 11:50:14 PM
What the everloving f**k is wrong with people, seriously.

"Cameron says sequels to one series aren't necessary while making sequels to another series! LOL WHAT A HYPOCRITE!!"

This is why I hate Internet commentary. People who can't string together a logical argument are given massive platforms to convince others that their inability to interpret information is insight.
This.

windebieste

It's a moot point of discussion, really.  He answers his own question:

"...is there any validity to doing another one now?"

with:

"I will stand in line for any Ridley Scott movie, even a not-so-great one, because he is such an artist, he's such a filmmaker. I always learn from him. And what he does with going back to his own franchise would be fascinating."

I don't see the big deal.

-Windebieste.

NickisSmart

Quote from: windebieste on Jan 31, 2017, 01:53:01 AM

with:

"I will stand in line for any Ridley Scott movie, even a not-so-great one, because he is such an artist, he's such a filmmaker. I always learn from him. And what he does with going back to his own franchise would be fascinating."

-Windebieste.

^

whiterabbit

"Cameron says sequels to one series aren't necessary while making sequels to another series! LOL WHAT A HYPOCRITE!!"

This is why I hate Internet commentary. People who can't string together a logical argument are given massive platforms to convince others that their inability to interpret information is insight.
But that's what everyone does. Cameron isn't above the criticism because you think us "everloving f**k people" don't honestly believe he put his foot squarely into his own mouth.

Quote from: windebieste on Jan 31, 2017, 01:53:01 AM

with:

-Windebieste.
Yea it isn't a big deal.

Protozoid

Protozoid

Hypocrisy doesn't invalidate his points.

We can buy tickets for Covenant without approving of what it represents: fan-baiting.

It sounds like Cameron is in the same boat as any Alien fan, except that he knows Ridley personally. He is articulating the same stuff I feel, but he has to be careful about saying it in public because Ridley is a friend.

Perfect-Organism

I think those were probably off the cuff remarks by Cameron and he had no idea how much traction they would get.

But his backhanded compliment was aces.  Or gangbusters.

SuicideDoors

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jan 31, 2017, 03:25:42 AM

But that's what everyone does. Cameron isn't above the criticism because you think us "everloving f**k people" don't honestly believe he put his foot squarely into his own mouth.

Yeah, absolutely. It's got to that point though now where it's upsetting certain people, cause we're misconstruing what James Cameron said. My fault I should never have shared another link!

Quote from: Protozoid on Jan 31, 2017, 03:38:50 AM
Being a hypocrite doesn't make his points invalid.

We can buy tickets for Covenant without approving of what it represents: fan-baiting.

Ultimately, this is true. Unless Covenant somehow ends up being supremely inventive and a cracking prequel/follow up.

SiL

SiL

Saying he's a hypocrite for saying one particular franchise is run down, while still working on his own, is asinine and grossly misunderstands what hypocrisy is. He's not saying "The Alien franchise is run down" while making an Alien movie. That would be hypocrisy. Nor is he saying "All sequels are stupid/pointless/whatever". That would also be hypocrisy.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: SiL on Jan 31, 2017, 04:49:57 AM
Saying he's a hypocrite for saying one particular franchise is run down, while still working on his own, is asinine and grossly misunderstands what hypocrisy is. He's not saying "The Alien franchise is run down" while making an Alien movie. That would be hypocrisy. Nor is he saying "All sequels are stupid/pointless/whatever". That would also be hypocrisy.

I'm in the same boat. I don't see the hypocrisy. He clearly had some definite ideas for a cohesive vision for the 'Avatar' series and is going to try and do something about it. The 'Alien' films are very different. There was no one world-building vision, just lots of different people getting hired to make their own differing contributions.

One series has a proverbial shepard in the process of steering it in a particular direction. The other never did and its integrity has suffered as a consequence.

Necronomicon II

"James Cameron's Notes on Mythbusters's Titanic Episode: 'They Are Full of S**t'"

http://www.vulture.com/2017/01/james-cameron-titanic.html?mid=twitter_vulture

"They're fun guys and I loved doing that show with them, but they're full of shit."

:D

SiL

SiL

Dude's got a point regarding the myth :P

frenchfries

i had a class tonight where Allison Gillogly Director of Development for Scott Free Productions attended for an interview and she said she saw alien covenant and said it was f@#@$king terrifying.

D. Compton Ambrose

He kinda contradicted himself when he said he was going to see Alien Covenant...

cliffhanger

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Jan 31, 2017, 06:28:18 AM
"James Cameron's Notes on Mythbusters's Titanic Episode: 'They Are Full of S**t'"

http://www.vulture.com/2017/01/james-cameron-titanic.html?mid=twitter_vulture

"They're fun guys and I loved doing that show with them, but they're full of shit."

:D

he's godd*mm right he is.

i never got that stupid episode on mythbusting that scene as you completely ignore that the entire movie was factually incorrect.
that's why cameron is right to mention he gave her a seat on the liferaft, but the dumb b*tch killed jack right there by getting off that f*cking lifeboat,
to then stay on a floating door or whatever it was and see jack die from the cold water, only to later be rescued to board a LIFEBOAT again.
alone, but this time, THANKS TO HER, jack's dead.

for f*cks sake, if she stayed on that effing boat, he could have climbed himself onto a door and float untill the search party came and he'd be ALIVE.

it's the stupidest thing to happen and its covered up by the idea that it was romantic. it was stupid and dumb.

and then mythbusters - short of ideas - follows this dumb idea and presents a even more retarded solution without taking into account reality. tells you all about the show, really. it's not factual, it's entertainment, and then the even dumber braindead general population thinks mythbusting is scientific and then cameron gets shots fired by these nonsense, like has been done to other actors, directors, etc. from these retard episodes.

kudos to cameron for saying it like it is. burn them.

whiterabbit

Quote from: SiL on Jan 31, 2017, 04:49:57 AM
Oh boy, not this again. No one sai... you know what, forget it. Better off having a cup of tea with the aliens.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed