Recent posts

Quote from: SiL on Yesterday at 10:12:39 PMSaid alien organism can withstand two tons of molten lead dropped on its head.

I thought it was ten.
Alien Films / Re: Aliens Expanded - A New Al...
Last post by Local Trouble - Today at 01:00:28 AM
I was expecting you to be angrier about this.  Are you getting soft?
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: Gladiator II
Last post by Local Trouble - Today at 12:55:35 AM
Quote from: SiL on Yesterday at 08:25:28 PM
Quote from: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯 on Yesterday at 05:09:18 PMa shark needs to keep swimming otherwise it suffocates.
Depends entirely on the type of shark. Many can breathe without moving.

Alien Films / Re: Aliens Expanded - A New Al...
Last post by St_Eddie - Today at 12:44:45 AM
This project is the Trump's golden sneakers of documentaries.
Her character makes up for it by being a hot mess for much of the season.
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: 3 Body Problem (Netflix)
Last post by Cougerboy - Today at 12:19:45 AM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Yesterday at 02:30:53 PMBut the chinese version doesn't have the beautiful Eiza Gonzalez in it...

She acted well in the series. Although there is one negative I should point out, I find her beauty a little distracting. Not saying scientists can't be beautfiul or glamourous, and certainly there are good looking scientists and engineers in real life, but Gonzalez just had that "Hollywood glamour" that took me out of the story line a little. As in it was a little hard to believe she could be that brilliant scientist she was supposed to be in the story.

Not Gonzalez's fault I suppose, she was born with Hollywood good looks, haha.
Recreational Area / Re: Last Movie You Watched
Last post by Local Trouble - Today at 12:11:19 AM
Quote from: SM on Yesterday at 10:39:24 PMThe Banshees of Inisherin

Bleak topic somehow not tackled bleakly. Gleeson and Farrell talking at each other in their normal speaking voices should be a genre.

Gleeson's greatest role:

Recreational Area / Re: Last Movie You Watched
Last post by SM - Yesterday at 11:35:26 PM
Word.
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: Gladiator II
Last post by St_Eddie - Yesterday at 11:35:09 PM
Quote from: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯 on Yesterday at 05:09:18 PMFunny, when I first started speculating on the inclusion of Naumachias, before filming even started, I thought they should throw in some sharks as well.

But then I thought it would probably be a bit over-the-top. I mean, how would you get the sharks to the Colosseum? Rome is more than 15 miles from the sea, and a shark needs to keep swimming otherwise it suffocates. And the Colosseum was flooded with water from the Tiber river. Sharks cannot survive long in fresh water.

Crocodiles would probably make more sense since they are amphibious and live in freshwater.

Exactly. It's Hollywood excess, bullshit spectacle and flies in the face of what the first film was all about. There's absolutely nothing to suggest that the Romans flooded their arenas and used sharks during gladiatorial battles. That particular suggested history comes from Hawaii's historical gladiatorial battles.

It's all just a case of sequelitis; "There were animals in the first film... tigers, so we better go BIGGER for the sequel." Bullshit.  I'm hating everything about this movie, from concept to regurgitated plot and 'member berries.  As though it weren't enough for Ridley Scott to sully his work on Alien with the prequels, now he's gonna sully Gladiator too.  Just... f**k off.  Sick of it.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed