Alien Trilogy Coming To Blu-Ray

Started by Darkness, Feb 19, 2009, 12:19:52 AM

Author
Alien Trilogy Coming To Blu-Ray (Read 14,004 times)

Darkness

Darkness

Horror news website Bloody-Disgusting is reporting that Fox is currently working on Blu-Ray releases for Alien, Aliens and Alien 3. Each film will be released in a ‘new special edition set’ with new special features especially made for the Blu-Ray editions.

“We learned of some very interesting news that has me jumping for joy. We discovered that Fox Home Entertainment is currently working on brand new Blu-ray releases for Alien, Aliens and Alien 3. Each film is said to be released in a new special edition set with brand new special features made just for these releases! The only concern I have is Fox’s lackluster Blu-ray releases, where the quality looks like a simple up-convert as opposed to a brand new transfer (see Predator, Commando, Donnie Darko and numerous others).”

No news on Alien Resurrection as of yet and no release date is mentioned. Considering it’s Alien’s 30th anniversary this year, I suspect the Blu-Ray editions will be out at some point in 2009.

Update: The Digital Bits is reporting that the ‘entire Alien Quadrilogy’ including Alien Resurrection will be ported over to Blu-Ray. The complete set with all its features as well as new Blu-Ray features. Fox are reportedly aiming for a Late 2009 release.

gameoverman

Great news, I hope they give it the respect it deserves.

Rob27

Rob27

Good good.  About time!   As long as they clean it up and dont use that lame Mpeg2 Codec.

Purebreedalien

I wonder what the special features are? Too bad I don't have Blu Ray.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Sweet deal, took 'em long enough   ;D  

jimmyboy

jimmyboy

Great news, I wonder if they'll release them round about the time Cameron's Avatar is out (winter?).  I hope they include both theatrical and workprint cuts of Alien 3.

Darwinsgirl

This in itself warrents the cost of a Blu Ray player.  Hopefully the special features will include new unseen footage    :)  

Griffith

Griffith

I don't have blu-ray either but one thing for sure is that special edition or not Fox will not release content that for me as a fan is extremely important like:  Aliens: Deleted scene of burke being cocooned  Alien 3: Footage, Deleted scenes and comments of David Fincher not to mention that the person responsable of editing the first set of Alien Quadrilogy wanted to quit his name on the credits ..I wonder what he knew about

Bio Mech Hunter

What the hell? No Resurrection?   >:(   I'm stoked we're (finally) getting the Alien films on Blu-Ray, but no Resurrection?   ???   I know it's generally the least liked film, but it should at least be included for the completists. I personally rather enjoyed the film *guards himself from potential backlash* so I'm a little miffed about it's exclusion. Hopefully they'll release it with the same treatment as the others. Soon.   :-\    Still, this really is great news and I'm curious about the special Blu-Ray features they're touting. *thinks about the possibilities & drools on keyboard* I hope they also include both the theatrical and special edition versions.   ;)  

Splinter Cell

Splinter Cell

:D  

War Wager

War Wager

Great news.

Mike’s Monsters

Don't mess this up fox. Do not upconvert. Please remaster entirely.

Alien Director's Cut

Alien Director's Cut

This release coming from Fox, expect disappointments. It seems like everything that comes from Fox nowadays never live up to the hype.

oranjeman

oranjeman

Fox better spend the funds to really rematers and restore and clean up ALIEN, ALIENS and ALIEN 3, with new bonuses and etc.  because, they will incur the wrath of the hundreds of millions of fans of this best sci-fi franchise.  Fox blu ray films recently have good quality, esp for modern films, they tend to have minor problems like white spots ruining the films - I ROBOT and even MAX PAYNE had these problems.  I don't understand why white spots cannot be masked or removed digitally, as it unbelievable these spots can ruin 100 million dollar budget films.    the bonuses on video and even the home video logo look pristine on video, but the main product, the movie itself, has sporadic annoying white spots that can kill the viewing experience...  ANyway, for ALIEN trilogy, Fox, don't f**k this up for the sake of your huge legion of fans...  Sega already killed us with their ineptitude with the ACM game, so Fox is our last and best hope.

Hicks_0998

Hicks_0998

Well huzzah huzzah for Fox, but theyd bloody well better have remastered the prints and new bonuses for all of em, and why the f**k is there no AR?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed