brand new official pics!!!

Started by BonesawT101, Nov 23, 2011, 12:20:32 AM

Author
brand new official pics!!! (Read 150,131 times)

Valaquen

Valaquen

Continue posting the prior images with things in the images encircled in Microsoft Paint :P "Look, a thing! It's definitely a thing!"

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

;D

Firestorm

Firestorm

Lol, there's defo a serious case of Prometheus cabin fever on these boards now, we need trailer now dammit!

LarsVader

LarsVader

Hello, long time Prometheus lurker and first poster here.
I finally gave in and joined.

Regarding the cabin fever...

Someone earlier found some evidence in the released stills that Squidward Tentacles might be tied to Prometheus.
And I think I just found further clues...

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: Black on Dec 03, 2011, 06:52:50 PM
Lol, there's defo a serious case of Prometheus cabin fever on these boards now

Tell me about it, I feel like a crack addict!  I wish I could stop checking these forums multiple times a day but I just can't find the will power.  Even the mighty Skyrim hasn't overtaken my Prometheus addiction.  There's not a chance in hell that the finished film is going to live up to the self-imposed hyperbole I've created for it.  :'(

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: LarsVader on Dec 03, 2011, 07:14:59 PM
Hello, long time Prometheus lurker and first poster here.
I finally gave in and joined.

Regarding the cabin fever...

Someone earlier found some evidence in the released stills that Squidward Tentacles might be tied to Prometheus.
And I think I just found further clues...

Brilliantly done.  The head did remind me of Easter Island.  We should just send all of these to the Prometheus Fanart thread!

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: JKS1 on Dec 03, 2011, 04:35:50 PM
I agree with you that it would be totally idiotic to have references to Predator in Prometheus. Only someone as tasteless as Paul WS Anderson would even think of doing that and I'm pretty certain Ridley wont stoop to that level of silliness.

Personally I'm one of the Predator fanboys that you say are the 'bane of your life'

I love Alien, yet I'm also a huge fan of Predator (the 1st instalment)

Alien is far more of a cerebral, 'arty', 'intelligent', innovative, thoughtful, multi layered movie and has 'masterpiece' written all over it. Massively influential and one of those genre defining pieces that are given the epithet 'important'. The stuff that Film degree dissertations are made of.

On the other side of the coin, Predator is an all out testosterone fest of explosive comic book violence and generic square jawed steroidal heroes

I appreciate both movies for what they are and am completely aware of how different they are yet both are well and truly in the top 5 of my all time favourite films list.

Like you I hope there is absolutely not even the vaguest or obscurest of references or 'nods' to Predator in Prometheus
Hell...I dont even think therell be any 'Giger' Aliens in Prometheus either, and I'm perfectly happy with that likelihood

From Ridleys public comments on AVP I dont think anything of the sort will happen, and I'm extremely happy for that

To all those hoping to see Predators in Prometheus, why stop there ?
Why not make it a Batman vs Predator vs The Joker vs Aliens vs Darth Maul vs Alf vs Robocop movie...........how 'cool' would that be ?!!!..............NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not to bring this up again, I just wanted to say that I like this post.  :D

Prometheus is very obviously in the Alien universe, and was obviously in said universe since the very beginning.  That settles all of the 'alien movie' questions for me, regardless of whether there is a single classic Xenomorph in the film at all.  It's like having a film with Skynet, Cyberdyne Systems, and Sarah Connor called "Final Awareness," without any T-800's in it.  Would that be a Termintor film?  Very much so, despite it not having a traditional Terminator model.

Don't know if that was entirely relevent... but I said it!

Highland

Highland

Sorry I just have to comment on the irony of it all.

Rabid Alien fans frothing at the mouth dismissing Predator with one sentance , then right underneath the "Prometheus won't be Alien" thread. 

Brilliant.

Alien³

Alien³

If Prometheus gives birth to a new movie monster set in the alien universe maybe it'll have it's own board section on this website, which would be awesome.

Then in about 10 years we'll have the movie Alien verses Predator verses [insert new creature name]

8)

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: Highland on Dec 03, 2011, 08:07:24 PM
Sorry I just have to comment on the irony of it all.

Rabid Alien fans frothing at the mouth dismissing Predator with one sentance , then right underneath the "Prometheus won't be Alien" thread. 

Brilliant.

Um, I'm not sure what you mean by this.  The title of this thread is referring to the fact that Prometheus isn't going to follow the same structure as Alien, whilst still being set in the same universe.  What's any of this got to do with Predator?!

JKS1

JKS1

Quote from: Alien³ on Dec 03, 2011, 08:22:52 PM
If Prometheus gives birth to a new movie monster set in the alien universe maybe it'll have it's own board section on this website. Then in about 10 years we'll have Alien verses Predator verses [insert new creature name]

Space Jockalien ?
Space Predockey ?

A 15 foot tall Prejockalien ?

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Black on Dec 03, 2011, 06:52:50 PMLol, there's defo a serious case of Prometheus cabin fever on these boards now, we need trailer now dammit!

Roger Roger. Unfortunately I doubt that the first official trailer will be as comprehensive as the leaked one we have seen. We will get a mysterious teaser, which will be exciting, but a bit of a let down as far as providing any new information. It has been mentioned before on this thread, but it's as if the leaked trailer was made especially for fans of Alien (and deliberately leaked IMO). It just seems too much of a nod to the original film, especially after all the "Prometheus isn't Alien" hyperbole.

It will be interesting to see if the official stuff has the same motives (music, titles etc.). I would be surprised if it did, but certainly not disappointed by the fact.

-Chris.

EDIT: Just re-read that the SDCC footage used the same title sequence, so...

psychonaut25

psychonaut25

If Prometheus gives birth to a new movie monster set in the alien universe maybe it'll have it's own board section on this website, which would be awesome.

Then in about 10 years we'll have the movie Alien verses Predator verses [insert new creature name]

8)

It would be more likely Jockey vs Predator according to this scene

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: psychonaut25 on Dec 03, 2011, 09:51:45 PM

8)

It would be more likely Jockey vs Predator according to this scene

Yeah, but AVP:R never happened...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed