brand new official pics!!!

Started by BonesawT101, Nov 23, 2011, 12:20:32 AM

Author
brand new official pics!!! (Read 150,177 times)

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: psychonaut25 on Dec 03, 2011, 09:51:45 PM
Quote from: AlienĀ³ on Dec 03, 2011, 08:22:52 PM
If Prometheus gives birth to a new movie monster set in the alien universe maybe it'll have it's own board section on this website, which would be awesome.

Then in about 10 years we'll have the movie Alien verses Predator verses [insert new creature name]

8)

It would be more likely Jockey vs Predator according to this scene

Urgh, AVP:R!  I "love" how that skull doesn't even resemble what we saw in Alien; the eye sockets are in the wrong place and what are those bones to the side of it's face?.  Also, notice how the shot has obviously had the contrast wacked up through necessity.

Never say no to Panda!

This is the special edition with higher contrast...one of many things, that were missing in the normal version  ;D
I don't think they wanted an original SJ head in it. They just wanted something, that looks cool...at least they tried ;D

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

By the way guys, I graded those images on the last page according to a user's report on the Comic Con footage.

So this is what you can really expect to see in the final cut:

Just reassuring everyone just in case they want to complain about these images being too bright.

Never say no to Panda!

Wasn't the right guy white before the grading  :laugh:?

Biomechanoid20

Biomechanoid20

Quote from: LarsVader on Dec 03, 2011, 07:14:59 PM
Hello, long time Prometheus lurker and first poster here.
I finally gave in and joined.

Regarding the cabin fever...

Someone earlier found some evidence in the released stills that Squidward Tentacles might be tied to Prometheus.
And I think I just found further clues...

LOL! This made my day! Thanks for this!  :laugh:

Effectz

Effectz

someone photoshop the pinapple house in please,

''Looks at Panda''

Quote from: Biomechanoid20 on Dec 04, 2011, 04:31:05 AM
Hello, long time Prometheus lurker and first poster here.
I finally gave in and joined.

Regarding the cabin fever...

Someone earlier found some evidence in the released stills that Squidward Tentacles might be tied to Prometheus.
And I think I just found further clues...

Thats amazing

Never say no to Panda!

Nah, pineapple sux...got nothing to do with a head  :laugh:
But the other version is excellent work!

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Gash on Dec 03, 2011, 02:46:34 PM
You can do what you like I'm just surprised there isn't an   A   L   I   E   N   forum that isn't lumbered with Predator.

There is - you're posting in it. ;)

QuoteShould I point out the chestburster in a Jar in Mindwarp, or the chestburster in Spaceballs?

There's a difference between something presented in a serious manner and a parody. I've a Stan Winston interview where he in no way claims it to be for humour and the atmosphere/tone of the scene (one of the few decent ones in the film, IMO) is completely serious. Not exactly a quick cut away, either, but somehting the camera focuses and lingers upon. That's why, even if you prefer not to think the two series are literally a part of one another, it's perfectly valid to mention in passing.

QuoteNo idea, but Ridley wouldn't tie his classic to Predator.

Doesn't mean he couldn't make a decent effort if he wanted to. My earlier point was that, in terms of the concept, there's nothing wrong with it. The films and games we've been given? Different matter. :)

Quote from: St_Eddie on Dec 03, 2011, 03:42:38 PM
You point to the Alien skull in Predator 2 but when has a proper Alien film made a reference to Predator?  The answer is never.

That wasn't my point. See above. There are instances of silliness in both franchises.

QuoteAlien - Serious and highly believable with dialogue that could almost come from the mouth of a real person.

Predator - Arnie throws a knife at a guy, pinning him to a wall and quips "stick around".

...How do those two elments gel?  THEY DON'T.

Right in with the likes of someone shooting a tiny spider away with WITH A GUN in 'Alien Resurrection'. ;) That film was full to the brim with poor attempts at macho humour.

QuoteI'm certainly not asking for this site to ignore the Predator or AVP films, I just want certain people to actually recognise that each series is kept in its own section within the forum.  I come here to talk about the Alien series, so it's incredibly irritating whenever the Predator uses his cloak and stealthily sneaks his way into this section of the forum.

Which is lovely, but asking us to downplay one fandom against the other isn't going to happen. :) We already have separate and combined forum sub-sections. Short of changing our name and URL or, like, banning any mention of one series from the other's forum (good luck with working out how to enforce that!), there's really nothing more which is practical to do.

If you've got any suggestions, though, put them in the relevant sub-section or message Darkness, directly. We'll be happy to look at them.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

@Xenomorphine

I don't think you comprehended what I was saying.  For instance, when did I imply or request that this site should downplay Predator?!  Also, pointing to Resurrection to show how goofy the Alien films are(n't) is a bit of a cheap tactic, at least my examples came from the original entries in both series.

Besides, Alien: Resurrection does not exist in this dojo. 8)

Pn2501

Pn2501

Quote from: JaaayDee on Dec 04, 2011, 12:45:13 AM
By the way guys, I graded those images on the last page according to a user's report on the Comic Con footage.

So this is what you can really expect to see in the final cut:

Just reassuring everyone just in case they want to complain about these images being too bright.

Teal pushing :)

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

Hell no, now THIS is teal pushing:

Keep in mind that was before I color corrected the image.

Pn2501

Pn2501

Quote from: JaaayDee on Dec 04, 2011, 06:15:23 AM

needs more orange :)

chupacabras acheronsis

needs more brown and bloom

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: Pn2501 on Dec 04, 2011, 06:16:50 AM
Quote from: JaaayDee on Dec 04, 2011, 06:15:23 AM

needs more orange :)

Oh you!  :laugh:

Remember kids; teal and orange equals vomit.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

I kinda' prefer the original colour settings.

The only films which have ever seemed to get the artificial darkness thing right are the 'Underworld' series. They do it in order to highlight edges and details. The original had each and every single frame of footage run through Photoshop.

Just look at 'Requiem'. It wasn't the best film in the world, but the originally lit footage at least had an nice look. I recall most of us being impressed with the landscape as the camera pushed out. Then we ended up with something where everything either had a dulled aesthetic or you couldn't make out what was going on.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed