NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 815,370 times)

dHunter333

dHunter333

Apparently there has been some news via Twitter about the alien 40th anniversary collection. NECA  has implied that they have likeness rights to all seven actors. Not confirmed. Apparently there will be three waves of three figures, one exclusive to Walmart, one exclusive to target, and one exclusive to specialty retailers.
TNI has a nice article with pics on this.
https://news.toyark.com/2020/01/25/preview-of-necas-alien-40th-anniversary-assortment-376985

So we know for 100% certainty that we are getting 3 different sets of 3, Target, Wal-Mart, "Specialty" Realtors. First set of 3 is a new Ripley in jumpsuit, Concept Alien presumably on the Ultimate Big Chap body, and a rerelease of sorts of Dallas in spacesuit.

We KNOW we are getting a Brett and Parker in regular clothing. That accounts for 2 more of the remaining 6 figures.
It appears we are getting a bloodied up Big Chap possibly?

If that's the case, that leaves 5 more figures.
They implied Ash and Kane were possible. I'd say 100% guaranteed to get Kane in space suit and Ash in regular clothing.
Leaving 3 more. I'd pray to GOD that it's Lambert, Dallas, and Kane in regular clothing.
Then my collection would truely be complete.
Also some hypersleep chambers...

Thankfully the Ultimate Big Chap is  separate single release on top of the 9 other figures.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I ain't much for figures... but I might actually get a Ripley.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I've always struggled with the human ones. They just never look as good in person. The actual creatures always look fantastic though.

Predalien91

Predalien91

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 03, 2020, 01:35:42 PM
I've always struggled with the human ones. They just never look as good in person. The actual creatures always look fantastic though.

Yeah theirs a certain likeness that's gotta be nailed.  Plus certain expressions look awkward sometimes. I like this new Ripley just not a fan of that fish mouth of hers.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I dunno about that head sculpt, she's got kind of a vacant, glassy stare.

Also I could have sworn Jones' cat carrier opened from the top, not the front.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

The likeness is there but I'm not like the dopey open mouthed look. I don't have the first version though so I'll probably end up with her.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I double-checked ad the cat carrier did open from the top.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Can Jonesy even fit in there?

Kailem

Kailem

Probably why he looks so nervous. :P

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Makes sense. We know Xenos don't make Jonesy nervous.

SiL

SiL

The shot of Ripley carrying it shows Jonesy inside, but I imagine it's going to be one of those fiddly situations people can't be bothered dealing with and he gets left there forever :D

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Hmm. No there's some kind of magic going on. The third pic shows the door as clear. But the second shot shows the door closed with nothing inside, yet something Jonesy color is floating above that clear door, too big to be a tail tip.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

New from NECA at Toy Fair:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed