Two ALIEN TV Shows in the works (Rumour)

Started by Gazz, Feb 13, 2019, 11:17:16 PM

Author
Two ALIEN TV Shows in the works (Rumour) (Read 49,304 times)

Gazz

Gazz

QuoteLast year I revealed a possible live-action series set in the Alien universe in the very early development stages and could be heading towards a streaming service. Well, it's been a couple of months and I have some exclusive updates to share.

There isn't just one live-action Alien series in the works, but two of them.

According to a source, one of them is said to have Ridley Scott as an executive producer and is going to be for Hulu. I would imagine that his production company Scott Free Productions would be involved as they've had previous interests in television projects including Ridley's current project, an android series titled Raised By Wolves for TNT.

Details are scarce at the moment but there might be multiple seasons that could tackle different corners/eras of the franchise, not unlike Noah Hawley's series Fargo.

In theory, I could see them possibly filling gaps in the franchise or crafting brand new stories to tell within the Alien universe. It still seems to be the very early days with these projects and I can't exactly speak to what they'll be about at the moment.

The Disney-Fox merger is a couple of months away but that wouldn't stop from Fox developing their own in-house projects. Disney CEO Bob Iger has also suggested in an earnings call recently that they're open to Fox continuing mature programming/franchises and we've already seen Marvel Television launch four mature animated shows on Hulu with M.O.D.O.K., Hit-Monkey, Tigra & Dazzler, and Howard The Duck. There is a very good chance that we could see more mature projects from the Fox side of things take root at Hulu, like this Alien series from Ridley Scott.

After the less than successful box office run of Alien: Covenant it could be enough reason to pivot to television/streaming for the next little while.

When we have more information to share we will certainly update.

https://hnentertainment.co/exclusive-two-live-action-alien-series-are-in-the-works-and-ridley-scott-is-producing-one-at-hulu/

No idea the validity of this source, but thought i should post anyway.

Nightmare Asylum

Ridley doing one of them means a continuation (conclusion?) of the David arc, which excites me immensely. And with one dedicated to David, that means that the second show would be free to go off and do whatever it pleases. Best of both worlds, providing two totally unique perspectives on the universe.

Fingers crossed that this is true.

Nukiemorph

This could be so perfect if it's true.

Give David fans a conclusion with the Ridley series and give casual fans & prequel haters something more crowd-pleasing with the other series.

Ultramorph

I would love to see David's story get wrapped up as a Netflix or Hulu mini series or movie. That being said, there's no grain of salt big enough to take this with.

Nightmare Asylum

If a show (or shows) were  to happen, Hulu is definitely the place they would go; Disney and Fox had two of the biggest stakes in Hulu, and given the current Fox shakeup...

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 14, 2019, 12:38:54 AM
Ridley doing one of them means a continuation (conclusion?) of the David arc, which excites me immensely. And with one dedicated to David, that means that the second show would be free to go off and do whatever it pleases. Best of both worlds, providing two totally unique perspectives on the universe.

Fingers crossed that this is true.

Agreed!

Samhain13

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 14, 2019, 12:38:54 AM
that means that the second show would be free to go off and do whatever it pleases.

MAKE THE SPACE JOCKEY GREAT AGAIN.  :)

The Old One

The Old One

I hope if they do reintroduce the SJ as a real organism, that it's part of David's narrative- not separate. I don't want to see them running around punching Humans, Androids or Xenomorphs in the chest with a big elephant trunk, it has the potential to go so stupid, so fast if they go in completely the opposite direction from Prometheus. Say what you will about the Engineers, but at least they weren't the comics' rendition of the Space Jockey.

Samhain13

The last engineer did go around punching humans and ripping the head off an android. That part with him going after Shaw was out of a slasher movie. That Engineer was disappointing, specially with all those faces the actor was making. Prometheus already made him go full angry monster mode.

Not that fully agree with their portrayal on the comics, Destroying Angels did their backstory better, but I didn't like the organic look on that one. I wouldn't even mind if it is a suit as long its not human behind it. There has been many great fanversions of them that were much better than the ones we got on movies/comics.

Anyway I hope a TV series happens and its a new take on the series.

Nightmare Asylum

Something tells me the non-Ridley series will stray pretty far away from the Engineers and their associated plot elements.

I would love to see something set post-Alien 3, dealing with the events surrounding Weyland-Yutani's collapse.

The Old One

The Old One

or GTFO.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 14, 2019, 01:28:10 AM
Something tells me the non-Ridley Scott series will stray pretty far away from the Engineers and their associated plot elements.

I would love to see something set post-AlienĀ³ dealing with the events surrounding Weyland-Yutani's collapse.

Agreed, or even post-Resurrection, but with the reemergence of all the elements from the Trilogy.

Nightmare Asylum

If they ever do anything post-Resurrection, I want to see them embrace Resurrection. Tonally it can be its own thing, but run amok with the plot elements that film established.

The Old One

The Old One

"There never was much hope, only a fool's hope."

I can't see them ever embracing Resurrection, not directly- it would either be entirely it's own thing that's set after Resurrection or something aping the more popular first three entries as Isolation or The Cold Forge do. I can perhaps see the USM being included or mentioned but that's it.

SM

Why would they invest in a TV show based on a movie that most who can remember it, don't like very much?

The Old One

The Old One

They wouldn't.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed