Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 917,164 times)

razeak

razeak

Fireteam Elite, Predator: Hunting Grounds, and some random games here and there. I play competitively in Star Wars: Squadrons, but I think I'm calling it after tonight's match. I had a lot of fun, but a year is quite a bit of time to pour into a game.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Have you already played Fallout 76?

Spoiler

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Finished Inquisition, including Trespasser, I really tried to like this- but this' just awful.

However interesting the lore, it does not matter when I don't ultimately care about the story, the newly introduced characters, and I don't ever feel the consequences of my actions.

With the exceptions of (mostly characterised in Inquisition) Cassandra and Solas and Dorian and Rainer you deserve a better entry.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

As bad as Andromeda?

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Nowhere near. Still not good though.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

What should they have done differently though?

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: Gentleman Death on Oct 11, 2021, 05:09:37 AM
Alan Wake remastered.... I remember really liking this game when it came out like 11 years ago or something. Still has its charm so far!
I finished that on the Xbox, then on Steam (that was already kind of remastered). Now I guess I will have to do it all over again!

Darkness

Darkness

Finished the story on Watch Dogs Legion. Took me a while to get into this one but once I had all the tech upgrades, it was pretty fun. I don't like the changing of characters though. I wish you just had one all the time that you could upgrade.

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Quote from: Wweyland on Oct 13, 2021, 07:13:30 AM
Quote from: Gentleman Death on Oct 11, 2021, 05:09:37 AM
Alan Wake remastered.... I remember really liking this game when it came out like 11 years ago or something. Still has its charm so far!
I finished that on the Xbox, then on Steam (that was already kind of remastered). Now I guess I will have to do it all over again!

I haven't played it in so long so I can't really add additional information as to what's been 'remastered' other than some graphics.

I did notice a QR code tacked up on a wall in a level and after scanning it, directs you to a YouTube video of Alan Wake, typing away and narrating a new novel. Looks to be in line with setting up a sequel...

Wweyland

Wweyland

Seems like the Alan Wake remastered version isn't coming to Steam, I won't be playing that after all then.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

My explanation for why it fell apart for me first of all, combat in Dragon Age 3 just like Dragon Age 2 it goes on forever with spongey enemies on every difficulty no matter what you personally do. (Especially during the DLCs) The inability to allocate your own character's stats. Gear rarely ever being better than what you can make by yourself. Skyhold never cleaning itself up completely even after upgrades and 200+ hours.

Rarely any opportunities for roleplaying with most things either relegated to the War Table, or often characters we know nearly nothing about, if you're lucky enough to not get something that amounts to nothing more than a fetch quest with one outcome. Twee quirky party members that are not funny. Completely flat camera direction, and rarely any music or ambience specific to the said scenes, if you're lucky enough to get traditional camera work at all instead of the constant lazy overhead type perspective thing. No matter what shit you might give II, lots of scenes are obviously hand crafted and directed with some style, that certainly can not be said of III.

A utterly mediocre score, apart from the genuinely lovely songs, despite romancing them "Sera Was Never" ultimately endeared me more to that character than anything they did or said.

A absolute cartoon villain with no discernible depth you could have done so much more with. Oh and where's the prior heroes and the military force? I am to buy that Alistair sat on his ass with Darkspawn running amok because I really don't.

It does indeed have bright spots, I really enjoyed it for around the first half but, the flaws really become considerably more apparent as it goes further on. I think Solas and Dorian in particular are real highlights, and I can't wait to hopefully see them in a better story, Varric and Cassandra are good also, and Sera and Rainer bounce nicely off one and other when in the party that they often were on Nightmare.

Also with such huge amounts of exploration the banter doesn't trigger nearly as often as it ought to.

So how anyone could consider this Bioware's best's beyond bizarre to me.

I am once again asking for something closer to Dragon Age Origins and I hope that frankly 4's nothing like 2 or 3 in the tone in particular, also I don't get the big deal with Trespasser either, it appears to be roughly of the same quality as the rest of the story or perhaps a bit above.

As you can see, I really gave it more than enough of a chance.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Andromeda is gaining a little bit of a cult following these days. 

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Not happening. I'm tired of tiresome Bioware titles. Wake me up when they make another cultural phenomenon type of title like they used to.

Wweyland

Wweyland

I just finished Star Wars: The Fallen Order. One of the most frustrating games I have ever played. It had a great story, characters, and graphics.
But the overly complex and broken combat almost ruined it for me.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I thought it overly simple.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed