Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,610,043 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Excellent stuff, especially that poster.

shadowedge

shadowedge

Yeah that poster is really well done.

Bad Replicant

Bad Replicant

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

SM

SM

Oh sing us song, you're the Piano Stan!

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: SM on Jul 04, 2012, 06:25:31 AM
Oh sing us song, you're the Piano Stan!

...........lol  :laugh:

shadowedge

shadowedge

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jul 04, 2012, 06:14:36 AM
Quote from: Bad Replicant on Jul 03, 2012, 10:18:19 PM
https://www.stanwinstonschool.com/uploads/blogs/28/image_medium.jpg?1333390015
Come Mr Tally Mon - tally me banana,
Daylight come and he wan' go home...

Man those life size puppets were a work of art! I am always impressed whenever I see a picture of one. Stan was the man.

Gash

Gash

Rib cage is good but I hate the paint job on the arms, and the hands are ridiculous.

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

hands can work if the thumbs are actually oposite and the things look like they can actually grab or hurt, which is where stuff went wrong later on... when they made them fatter the articulated bone dissapeared and they started to look like dusters.

the thing i like about them is the mantis-like wrists. looks pretty neat.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

The hands are duplicates or Queen's inner hands, and the paintjob is done that way so itll catch highlights in the shadows.

All the differences and similarities between original and warriors - http://www.jamescamerononline.com/AlienWarrior.htm

Gash

Gash

I find the problem with the paint job is that it looks like a model hobbyist did it, it doesn't look very naturalistic. The hands just look too cliched big bad monster, much prefer the more subtle proportions and extra digit on Giger's alien.

The thing I hate about later versions is the shape of the jaw and the goofy teeth, and the excessively big open gap behind the teeth. Can't beat Giger's sculpt, even if behind the scenes shots reveal the latex suit had problems.

SM

SM

Since that particular puppet was only seen either in ECU or being blow to pieces - not seeing an issue.

Vertigo

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed