What are your favorite Alien-Predator games?

Started by Samhain13, Mar 11, 2019, 12:06:08 AM

What are your favorite Alien-Predator games?

Aliens vs. Predator: The Last of His Clan
0 (0%)
Aliens vs. Predator (SNES)
1 (2%)
Aliens vs. Predator (Arcade)
6 (12.2%)
Aliens vs. Predator (Jaguar)
3 (6.1%)
Alien Trilogy (1996)
4 (8.2%)
Aliens vs. Predator Classic (1999)
10 (20.4%)
Alien: Resurrection (2000)
3 (6.1%)
Aliens vs. Predator 2 (2001)
24 (49%)
Aliens vs. Predator: Extinction (2003)
5 (10.2%)
Predator: Concrete Jungle (2005)
10 (20.4%)
Aliens: Extermination (2006)
1 (2%)
Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem (2007)
1 (2%)
Aliens vs. Predator (2010)
13 (26.5%)
Predators (2010-2012)
0 (0%)
Aliens: Infestation (2011)
4 (8.2%)
Aliens: Colonial Marines (2013)
1 (2%)
Aliens vs. Predator: Evolution (2013)
0 (0%)
Aliens Armageddon (2014)
0 (0%)
Alien: Isolation (2014)
28 (57.1%)
Alien: Blackout (2018)
0 (0%)
Alien (1982) - Atari 2600
0 (0%)
Alien (1984) – Multi Platforms
0 (0%)
Aliens (US Version) (1986) – Multi Platforms
0 (0%)
Xenomorph (1990) – Multi Platforms
0 (0%)
Aliens (1990) – Arcade
0 (0%)
Alien 3 (1992-1994) – Amiga,
1 (2%)
Alien 3: The Gun (1993) – Arcade
1 (2%)
Aliens: A Comic Book Adventure (1995) – PC
0 (0%)
Aliens: Thanatos Encounter (2001) – GBC
0 (0%)
Predator (1987-1989) – Multi Platforms
0 (0%)
Predator 2 (1990-1992) – Multi Platforms
0 (0%)
Predator: Hunting Grounds
1 (2%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author
What are your favorite Alien-Predator games? (Read 6,886 times)

Kradan

Kradan

I've chose AVP2, Isolation and AVPR game. Last one is because it was only AVP experience on my (recently bought by my dad) PSP.

[cancerblack]

I'd have voted for Isolation too but i haven't played it, i simply don't have the hardware.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Mar 30, 2019, 10:58:14 PM
I'd have voted for Isolation too but i haven't played it, i simply don't have the hardware.

You mean for PC? Or a new generation console?

They released a version for xbox360 and ps3, maybe that's cheaper. If you ever get the chance I'm sure you won't regret it. It was one of the most well received games, most fans love it.

[cancerblack]

I'm not gunna buy a console I'll never use again just to play one game, no matter how good. And I neither need nor want a gaming PC these days.

The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost

Are there also people here who liked, not necessarily loved Alien 3 on the SNES or the Gameboy. Or Sega consoles for that matter?

Back in the day I really preferred the SNES game over the Sega 16-bit game, it just felt better in so many ways.

The Gameboy game was a nice little adventure game though I really disliked some of the ventilation shaft puzzles.
Some of the items were ridiculously well hidden, until a few years ago I did not even know that there was a rifle near the junkpile because no such information was provided anywhere.

[cancerblack]

I had the Master System version. It was alright I guess. I don't think I ever got more than halfway through though, I've never been good with side-scrollers.

SiL

Of the options given I went AvP Jaguar, AvP and AvP 2.

So many missed ones, though! Predator for the C64 and NES! (the former was awful, the second was an acid trip of fantastical awesomeness). Alien 3 fro the C64, Sega, and a shitload of other platforms -- each one harder and worse to look at than the last! Aliens for arcade by Konami, with bubblegum pink Aliens! Alien 3 for the SNES, terribly difficult but so rewarding!

EDIT

The SNES was included. Second A/P game I ever played, and f**ked if I didn't love all of it.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Added the ones missing I believe, used the site's list.

I didn't thought those old 2D games were popular. 31 games in total now.

SiL

I'm a sucker for vintage A/P games. I used to do reviews for them for a now-defunct site. Predator for Nintendo has music that's stuck with me for almost a decade now.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: SiL on Apr 04, 2019, 12:48:00 PM
I used to do reviews for them for a now-defunct site.

PlanetAVP? I remember seeing you on the staff page.

Quote from: SiL on Apr 04, 2019, 12:48:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8xj1DyAxZ0

Sounds very retro.

LOL I just looked at a walkthrough and the Predator boss is a floating giant head.  :D

SiL

Quote from: Samhain13 on Apr 04, 2019, 12:57:51 PM
AvP Freaks -- I did skin and story reviews for PlanetAvP.

Holy shit I found my Predator review from 13 years ago!

http://avpfreaks.com/games.php?game=predatornes&section=review&rid=4

Samhain13

Quote from: SiL on Apr 04, 2019, 01:07:04 PM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Apr 04, 2019, 12:57:51 PM
AvP Freaks -- I did skin and story reviews for PlanetAvP.

Holy shit I found my Predator review from 13 years ago!

http://avpfreaks.com/games.php?game=predatornes&section=review&rid=4

That does look familiar, might have bumped on this site long ago. Shame it went down, I enjoyed reading the reviews.

Monster Man

Monster Man

Obviously all the good stuff like any of AvP games for PC.

However I'm going to throw in a mention for Extinction. Nothing like watching your hive slowly expand and grow, so relaxing I'd often become entranced by it. Only so many things make me feel like that.

My only regret is they only made it for consoles which makes no sense, RTS' simply have no place in the console world especially in that day and age. 

windebieste

I voted for:

'AvP - Classic'.  A great vintage title.  Loads of fun.
'AvP2'.  Probably not as good a game as the older 'AvP - Classic' but making mods gave it life no other game on this list enjoyed before or since.
'ALIEN: Isolation'.  Easily the best 'ALIEN' inspired title out there.

-Windebieste.

Samhain13

Quote from: Monster Man on Apr 11, 2019, 04:45:49 AM
Obviously all the good stuff like any of AvP games for PC.

However I'm going to throw in a mention for Extinction. Nothing like watching your hive slowly expand and grow, so relaxing I'd often become entranced by it. Only so many things make me feel like that.

My only regret is they only made it for consoles which makes no sense, RTS' simply have no place in the console world especially in that day and age.

I do have a soft spot for Extinction due to how different and unique it was next to the others. It was the only RTS I ever played, not much into that game type but Extinction managed win me over. Well it was at a time console gaming was trying to expand more and compete with pc, so maybe the developers got a good deal to only release for consoles.

At least now with emulator we can play on pc.

Quote from: windebieste on Apr 11, 2019, 06:22:54 AM
'AvP2'.  Probably not as good a game as the older 'AvP - Classic' but making mods gave it life no other game on this list enjoyed before or since.

'AvP2' will never die!   :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed