Alien: Covenant Shooting March 2016 + Trilogy Details

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 27, 2015, 07:27:46 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Shooting March 2016 + Trilogy Details (Read 29,545 times)

Whiskeybrewer

atlantis

atlantis

For me since 1979 the ALIEN was a ALIEN Creature evolved on LV 426...
The space jockey Visited that planet...Was infected with the ALIEN...and when trying leaving, he crashed on LV 426 when the ALIEN bursted out of his chest...

But sadly enough this idea was completely killed, by prometheus... suddenly its al human..LMAO...

D. Compton Ambrose

QuoteDon't be so hard on this Cold Light... If you think about it, this weaponizing of the Deacon, is kind of like the way humans have manufactured Dog breeds. I believe that's the way Ridley means to have the xeno 'manufactured' anyway... Like they took an already dangerous species and amplified or accelerated all the aspects that made it dangerous...

This was my take on things. If the Engineers existed millions of years ago, when life first began on Earth, whose to say they haven't been around millions more, or even billions? If they created life on Earth, whose to say they haven't created life period, including themselves? This doesn't nerf the creature in any way, in my opinion. What if they were some form of interdimensional superconsciousness that the Engineers wrote into the framework of spacetime itself. They trivially travel between star systems and galaxy, and whose to say they haven't created entire planets, or galaxies, as well? I could keep going.

Quote from: itshouldneverhavebeenabug on Dec 02, 2015, 01:38:27 PM
I'd just like to say that I hope they give pause for thought for the score and sound effects in this movie, as well as the lighting. All these sucked in Prometheus. Done with forethought, they could really make Covenant special. I'm not a fan of Aliens as an "Alien" film, but I like it a lot as a standalone action film, in fact love it. But with Alien it's about the atmosphere, and building suspense, something you can't do with the characters chatting all the time and no alone time with the characters like Lambert or Parker in their moment of horror.

I've listened to Alien lots of times without actually watching it and it's like a symphony. If I could walk about of the IMAX thinking this about Covenant then Sir Ridley is back. Finally, make it horror please like Alien, but how to? I would say the only horror left is sharing a good actor's horrific experience of slowly changing into an alien or something, no sure how but horror not action. There's no horror left in the beast, no fear from being stalked by it or it jumping out house-of-horrors style like Alien, so how about fear you can relate to like a horrible forced change into a nightmare creature. I remember reading a leaked false plot here on something like that before Prometheus dropped. Acting out knowing that you will become "the alien" and the horror of being powerless to stop it could be one way to bring the trilogy back to the majesty of Alien. Multiple Davids, could be good if acted as well as Prometheus but plays more into the hand of Blade Runner sci-fi and thinking about AI then horror for me.

I like this, a lot. Just keep in mind the 'bug' thing can be "Lovecraftianed" just like any other sci-fi thing can be made utterly terrifying. If you've seen "Empire of the Ants", you'll understand how dark it can be. Imagine a concept of a terrifying interdimensional "psychic" parasite that was written into physical form via a hyperpowerful hyper-advanced technological empire of beings that create life trivially, and one of the first forms of life ever to become into existence, and designed to be an "ultimate" bio-weapon with a trans-dimensional and metaphysical power source. All of this with that exact kind of atmosphere you described. A being that is seemingly unstoppable slowly killing these poor individuals one by one, and are seemingly powerless to stop it. And most of all, make it strange. Make it so weird and out of normality that it is something that seems as though it shouldn't exist, but could. Make it look as though it were smiling, with massive teeth and hands, really light upon the sheer length of its fingers and limbs, only showing the hands and limbs (including tail) for most of the movie. Have it move erratically, or glide upon its tail as it seemingly 'hovers' toward the victim. Make it sadistic and terrifying. Like Clive Barker/Wes Craven/H.P. Lovecraft mixed.

itshouldneverhavebeenabug

itshouldneverhavebeenabug

I'd like Ridley to come out and tell us what genre Covenant is going to be and set up our expectations for the trilogy. I don't call sci-fi a genre in this respect, i'd call it a setting, and maybe that's where Prometheus went wrong as it tried to define itself as sci-fi and that's not a base enough genre like action, thriller, horror, romance ... to make a movie tick along nicely. There's not much you can really do with a cinema run time of what, 2hrs ... so keep it simple, shock us, excite us, make us cry or scare us (which I might add he did say he wanted to do and didn't deliver).

I believe from the extras, interviews etc. from Prometheus that he wanted to scare us and also mix up ancient astronauts ... but like a confused 1st year university student's essay he wants to say so much but talks gibberish as he's only got 1500 words to say it in. So I put my case forward that I hope he comes out and says "I want to scare the life out of you." Well, okay Sir Ridley don't get off the pot ... Lay this fact down and get on with it, it's going to be an 18 period ... and stop confusing us as to what you're going to do to us when you get us sat down infront of Covenant for a couple of hours just scare us.

Just reading through the other comments, yeah Clive Barker wouldn't mess about if he said and just quoting Sir Ridley again "I want to scare the life out of you" or whatever he actually said about fear ... Alien was like Hellraiser for so long for me, it scared me, like really scared me, but the image of the beast has been used in marketing so much it's removed all fear from it. Pinhead is similar to this over marketed and not scary anymore but the box ... and what happens if you play with it, very very scary and always will be and if you you're going to reboot hellraiser you're not going to be fielding questions even right up to its realise about its certificate. Its going to be 18 and scary and if not it's going to be a watered down chimera of what hellraiser meant. But the thing is for me, okay reboot Alien but what did Alien mean. I mean like Hellraiser, take away pin head and the cenobites which were so so scary before over marketed, what do you have, someone messing with their soul, playing a game and suddenly in hell and never able to escape, or whatnot, for me a scary experience to live through via the skills of the actors brought in to turn the story into life. So there is life in hellraiser even after the suits market the characters in products ... but what is the abstract fear in Alien ... well they nailed it with in space no one can hear you scream. So forget trying to do anything else other than scare us with this mantra. It worked poetically in Alien.

Horror in a sci-fi setting is hard to do, in my opinion, and the only film that genuinely still scares me, and I wish that they hadn't overly marketed the beast as then Alien would still do it, is event horizon. I'm in my 40's and can honestly say I can't watch that movie as it gives me nightmares, pretty much like hellraiser 1 and 2. Sam Neill is simply terrifying in it, and what he suggests at the end like you never really left when you think you are safely back at earth is scary for even a cynical 40 something. I honestly can't watch that movie, even though I bought the dvd, so it did its job it scared me and the dvd sits in my collection menacingly.

So what my stream of consciousness is trying to say is I hope so much that Covenant and the trilogy is a horror in a sci-fi setting, and Ridley delivers what he wanted to do with Prometheus, to scare us which he was a complete master of in Alien. just keep repeating in space no one can hear you scream as it is so poetic perfectly mixing horror in a sci fi setting in 8 words, even hemmingway would have been impressed with this line so run with it please Ridley.

Just wanted to say I agree too with Alien 3 comments, the quality of acting really made that movie for me, it was westend theatre quality acting and the lighting and music were really on point, the big issue for me is the alien went small, fast, cat like, not the alien in the spirit of alien, the giant slowly moving snarling alien showered in water that kills parker. Alien alien nailed all the horror creature basics, it was text book and really strange too, it even moved slowly as its so horrific and scarey it doesnt need to move quickly as its going to get you even if it moves in slow motion! If it had been this alien alien then Alien 3 would have been for me a great film not just a good film. And just thinking about this maybe Barker paid homeage to this in a way and tipped his hat to Sir Ridley with his snarling cenobite ...

XenoHunter99

Quote from: Mustangjeff on Dec 02, 2015, 12:07:19 PM
Sorry to go back to Babylon 5 here, but I wonder if we might see something akin to the shadow wars.

The basic synopsis is that at a time in the past, the "first ones" decided to leave the known galaxy behind.  The first ones were a group of ancient species that were first to developed sentience in the galaxy.  When the first ones departed, they left two caretakers behind to watch over the younger developing species.  They were the Vorlons, and the Shadows.

At some point the Vorlons and shadows stopped agreeing on how to foster the younger races.

Vorlons - preferred order and obedience.  They appeared to the younger races as angelic creatures, and tinkered genetically which created telephaths. 

Shadows - preferred chaos.  Wars allowed the strong to survive and the weak to be destroyed.  Mother is the necessity of invention.

Eventually the know galaxy became a proxy war for the two different viewpoints.  The Vorlons and Shadows would not attack each other outright, but allowed the younger races to fight terrible wars on their behalf.

Where am I going with this?

Makes me wonder if this could be where we are headed in the ALIEN universe.

Xeno - represents chaos, physical power, instinctual.

Humans - Weak, but technologically advanced,

The survivor inherits the universe.
Babylon 5... Good series, at least seasons 2-4. I don't think this is what  Ridley is doing. I think the overarching plot is the Engineers created humans and Xenos. Humans proved disappointing, Xenos were supposed to erase them. Seems to me, it would have been simpler to drop something large from orbit, nuke the planet, or just spray a part of it with black goo and let twisted nature take its course. How we end up back on LV426 is not clear. If the derelict is only a few decades old, that will be disappointing. If it turns out to be Shaw in the pilot's seat, that will be silly. I see lot of ways these sequels can turn out badly, a lot of ways they never get made.

Mustangjeff

Mustangjeff

QuoteBabylon 5... Good series, at least seasons 2-4. I don't think this is what  Ridley is doing. I think the overarching plot is the Engineers created humans and Xenos. Humans proved disappointing, Xenos were supposed to erase them. Seems to me, it would have been simpler to drop something large from orbit, nuke the planet, or just spray a part of it with black goo and let twisted nature take its course. How we end up back on LV426 is not clear. If the derelict is only a few decades old, that will be disappointing. If it turns out to be Shaw in the pilot's seat, that will be silly. I see lot of ways these sequels can turn out badly, a lot of ways they never get made.

I wasn't being too serious with the B5 Shadow War reference, but the Shadows were pretty creepy when it came to their biotechnology.

I still can't get my head around any circumstance where the Xeno was created to kill humans.  The only scenario that would remotely seem feasible would be if the Xeno's were created to take out a particular faction of Engineers, and they want to use humans as a test bed to see how effective they would be. 

Personally, I think there are two possibilities why they created humans.

1) use as incubators and food for the Xenos.

2) The back goo was meant to weaponized us to possibly fight the Xeno's.  Our final form was meant to be.   

Whiskeybrewer

I'd like to think that the Space Jockey in Alien is the oldest/last of its kind and were treated like Gods by the Enginners, which is why they made their space suits look like they did. Lol well its a theory

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Mustangjeff on Dec 07, 2015, 04:25:31 AM
2) The back goo was meant to weaponized us to possibly fight the Xeno's.  Our final form was meant to be.
That would be a twist, what if the goo mission was never meant to kill off man but to evolve man. However when David finds this out he out right lies to everyone because it contradicts his own goal.

Sometimes to create, one first has to destroy... would be all turned upside down like that shit Obi-Wan pulled on Luke with his "point of view" speech. :P

Corporal Hicks

Still the issue of the Engineer's reaction though.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

He was just upset when he found out David was an android. Android'est culture.  8)

Ha, maybe the thing that killed them was a robot and not an experiment that went wrong; the alien experiment was supposed to stop the machines when it decided that it liked people more. Alright now I'm just being silly. :P

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 07, 2015, 01:47:54 PM
What if the goo mission was never meant to kill off man but to evolve man. However when David finds this out he out right lies to everyone because it contradicts his own goal.

That's basically what the Engineers had been doing for millennia in the Spaiths script via the black goo.

Quote[Holloway] In my studies I discovered a pattern I couldn't explain. Every eleven hundred years, sudden advances in agriculture, tool use, technology. Inventions.

Something caused a great leap forward. Every eleven centuries. The pattern holds as far back as our data goes.

I was analyzing historical changes in human DNA. I found the same pattern. Every eleven centuries, a pulse of new information in the genome of the human race. All over the world. Evolution can't do that. Something was changing us. Changing the DNA of our species.

They guided us to civilization. Lifted us up, again and again. I call them the Engineers.

Corporal Hicks

In Spaiht's script he's pissed off when he gets woken up because he's impregnated too. So that works out and makes sense.

whiterabbit

Yea so... maybe he killed them because of that and then he didn't want to get fired for oversleeping. Hey that chestburster might be popping out... but the dues still got a job to do. Gotta make sure the wife and kids get that pension. We can fit this into Lindelof's scripts by saying the trilobite actually suffocated the engineer and rather impregnated the alien inside of his chest.... ha. f**king-A.

Corporal Hicks

That still wouldn't work because he's already awake and killing folk by that point.

Infected

Daisey Ridley could play a good female lead role.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed