CONGRATS FOR REAL! Playable Females in Multiplayer!

Started by Moosh89, Jun 08, 2012, 04:29:11 AM

Author
CONGRATS FOR REAL! Playable Females in Multiplayer! (Read 107,796 times)

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

I agree about the SDK. These aren't "magical blocks" in the game as they were in 1999, they are very complex art assets. And giving the public the means to crack open this game in which developers spent quiet alot of budget on is defeating the purpose of the effort. Besides to fully utilize an SDK of this scope requires the equivalent of a post- college diploma (yes there are game development certs out there) to get the most out of it. 

To have the public slap on boobs and wigs into the game is a travesty.

Quote from: Moosh89 on Sep 03, 2012, 04:37:21 PM
Quote from: Hemi on Sep 03, 2012, 09:22:52 AM
While I love the fact you made the devs consider and implement this Moosh...something rubs the wrong way.(just a little) If you had hold a petition for a SDK/modding tools were we could mod the game so it had female characters...that would make more sense to me imo. And would actually prolong the lifespan of game as we could implement all sorts of new content.

None the less its quite the achievement to get something done on community demand within the realm of Sega. Congrats.

Thanks for the kind words Hemi (I really enjoy your work by the way)

However a large amount of the sales (including mine which might be for two consoles) is from console players. Consoles get left out of cool mods and many of us can't afford gaming PCs

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

brokentusk420

BOOOOO!!! Great wasting more time and pushing the release date further. WAY TO GO....

WinterActual

Quote from: acrediblesource on Sep 03, 2012, 06:21:57 PM
I agree about the SDK. These aren't "magical blocks" in the game as they were in 1999, they are very complex art assets. And giving the public the means to crack open this game in which developers spent quiet alot of budget on is defeating the purpose of the effort. Besides to fully utilize an SDK of this scope requires the equivalent of a post- college diploma (yes there are game development certs out there) to get the most out of it. 

Tripwire Interactive are using the same engine but they released SDK for Red Orchestra 2 soon after the release.

ShadowPred

Quote from: brokentusk420 on Sep 03, 2012, 06:23:25 PM
BOOOOO!!! Great wasting more time and pushing the release date further. WAY TO GO....

LULZ, the released date hasn't been pushed back, and if it has been...too bad.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Well Gearbox is dealing With FOX so.....
and Unreal Ed can be downloaded for free. Its FOX intellectual property that they don't want  floating about in cyberspace which is totally understandable.
And i'm sure they haven't pushed it back considerably. They probably had a female marine in MP on their to-do list considering that there are females marines in the movie and a selection screen like this would be terribly lacking with out this alternative. It be like 1999 all over again.

Quote from: WinterActual on Sep 03, 2012, 06:24:35 PM
Quote from: acrediblesource on Sep 03, 2012, 06:21:57 PM

Tripwire Interactive are using the same engine but they released SDK for Red Orchestra 2 soon after the release.

WinterActual

FOX and SEGA are idiots. No one is stealing from them. Every mod maker is making this stuff for free and its open to everyone to try it. Whats FOX problem with that? Omg..  >:(

chupacabras acheronsis

SDKs are not that hard to make. sometimes they are just lite versions of the professional tools developers use, which means all they have to do is apply a couple scripts, other times they are just executables coded to decompress and unpack the game files into workable junk. both those things can be done by someone else with time and a little knowledge, and a lot of people can do that. and then they can share freely.

whatever, if people managed to take the assets of AvP2010, then they sure ass hell are going to work just fine without an SDK. it's just a matter of tipping hat to the community and actually wanting it to grow and extend itself further. however, this means they can't release outrageously poor DLC or churm out a sequel that's barely any improvement, so that's why you don't see games with them nowadays.

Predaker

They aren't even going to release a collector's edition for PC in NA, so I don't think they would spend the time to develop an SDK for the PC gaming community.

...and A:CM has not been pushed back to add playable females + black marines. According to gearbox, they planned this all along. :P

DaddyYautja

It's great that this got pushed through but now i hope all the female marines arent super model-skinny like that concept art is showing.

When the game comes out we should all just game women avatars as a celebration.

FightFinda

FightFinda

Huh? Your point is both invalid and obnoxious. Firstly, we can be certain that GBX will not push the release date back further as a result of this petition as they have already claimed that they have been working on including playable females for a while now. To push the date back now would confirm that this statement was an outright lie and they were basically a bunch of ingnorant assholes - not good for sales.

Secondly, your point is obnoxious and completely ignorant as it appears to me that you are blatently trying to be negative with no foundations to support that opinion, AND Moosh here; who single-handedly managed to create a petition and recieve 3900 signatures beyond her initial target to support her goal, along with the support of myriad of cast members from the actual movie; clearly deserves more than this imbecilic outburst.

I was originally against this petition as I had similar worries to you in that I believed, if they hadn't already begun development, it would do more harm than good; but I managed to push that opinion aside and become more empathetic rather than insulting.

We all have our opinions, I agree, I'm just saying yours is stupid.

MrSpaceJockey

that post was beautiful.

ShadowPred

Quote from: FightFinda on Sep 03, 2012, 09:55:39 PM

Huh? Your point is both invalid and obnoxious. Firstly, we can be certain that GBX will not push the release date back further as a result of this petition as they have already claimed that they have been working on including playable females for a while now. To push the date back now would confirm that this statement was an outright lie and were basically a bunch of ingnorant assholes - not good for sales.

Secondly, your point is obnoxious and completely ignorant as it appears to me that your are blatently trying to be negative with know foundations to support that opinion, AND Moosh here; who single-handedly managed to create a petition and recieve 3900 signatures beyond her initial target to support her goal, along with the support of myriad of cast members from the actual movie; clearly deserves more than this imbecilic outburst.

I was originally against this petition as I had similar worries to you in that I believed, if they hadn't already begun development, it would do more harm than good; but I managed to push that opinion aside and become more empathetic rather than insulting.

Well f**king said.

Griffith

Huh? Your point is both invalid and obnoxious. Firstly, we can be certain that GBX will not push the release date back further as a result of this petition as they have already claimed that they have been working on including playable females for a while now. To push the date back now would confirm that this statement was an outright lie and they were basically a bunch of ingnorant assholes - not good for sales.

Secondly, your point is obnoxious and completely ignorant as it appears to me that you are blatently trying to be negative with no foundations to support that opinion, AND Moosh here; who single-handedly managed to create a petition and recieve 3900 signatures beyond her initial target to support her goal, along with the support of myriad of cast members from the actual movie; clearly deserves more than this imbecilic outburst.

Shit, I tip my hat to you sir

Moosh89

Haha, Thanks for that FightFinda!

Haters gonna hate!

Terx2

Wooo Hoooo 8) Justice is done.

Well said 8) :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed