Alien: Phalanx by Scott Sigler

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 10, 2019, 12:59:28 PM

Author
Alien: Phalanx by Scott Sigler (Read 88,796 times)

Corporal Hicks

Personally I'm a fan of the larger format for the novels. A lot of what I read at the minute tends to be larger, and I just enjoy it more than the little ones.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: 426Buddy on Dec 29, 2019, 05:10:08 PM
The TCF cover is horrible. Like most of Titans cover art, it comes across as cheap and lazy. If they aren't going to put even the slightest effort into the cover art then I wish they would just go with a blank cover and title only.

I still buy the books because I'm a fan and the story is the real meat of the product not the cover. It doesn't stop me from wishing they didn't look like photoshopped garbage though.

That's an interesting suggestion actually .

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 30, 2019, 09:01:43 AM
Personally I'm a fan of the larger format for the novels. A lot of what I read at the minute tends to be larger, and I just enjoy it more than the little ones.

I'd actually prefer the larger format but I tend to buy the books the day they come out so I end up going to the bookstore as soon as it opens and all I've ever seen is the mass market paperback size on the shelves.

Corporal Hicks

I can understand that. To be fair I just get whatever Titan sends me to review. Fortunately, it's mostly been the size I like but I got the smaller one with Sea of Sorrows and brought the larger size once I saw it in store.

The Old One

The Old One

I want hardbacks, with good covers, now.

Corporal Hicks

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Wow 512 pages! That's by far the longest Alien novel. This may also explain why there's not the mass market paperback version in the initial release.

The Old One

The Old One

I'd love an autographed hardback of Alex White's The Cold Forge, with a decent cover, though.

Still Collating...

That long? Nice! Hope everything is fleshed out well and we have a nice compelling story on our hands. Excited for this.

Corporal Hicks

Ordered my signed hardback for display. Got high hopes for this one!

The Cruentus

Haven't read too much about this one yet, is it supposed to be set in old days?

I have already pre-ordered it, so I hope its good.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I think I'm right in saving it's set on another planet, but one where they only have primitive technology (i.e. swords and shields).

SM

SM

It's not 'the old days' (quite the opposite) and yes it's not Earth.

The Cruentus

Interesting but if its not earth, how come they have crusader/knight helmets?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed