Alien Covenant: Official Collector's Edition

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Jan 16, 2017, 11:20:13 PM

Author
Alien Covenant: Official Collector's Edition (Read 34,704 times)

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Alien: Covenant Official Collector Edition Arrives May 27th, and updated synopsis revealed!!

Quote  On May 27th, 2017 Titan Comics will release Alien: Covenant - The Official Collector's Edition to the public. Below is the official description of the product, which will include never before seen set photos, concept art and interviews with the cast. The description also features a slightly altered plot synopsis for film .

Alien: Covenant is the long-awaited sequel to the Alien franchise, and Alien: Covenant – Official Collector's Edition brings you everything you need to know about Ridley Scott's latest masterpiece!
When a shipload of human colonists investigates an apparently habitable planet, they have no idea of the horror they are about to discover. But the biggest danger may perhaps come from a more unexpected source...

You can preorder here:

https://www.amazon.com/Alien-Covenant-Official-Collectors-Titan/dp/1785861921/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1484312063&sr=8-5&keywords=alien%20covenant&tag=viglink124257-20

Scorpio

The biggest danger has to be David.  The real villain of the film.

Prequel novel sounds fantastic.  So long as it picks up straight after Prometheus.  I'll read a sequel novel if it's a prequel to the next film after A:C.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Scorpio on Jan 16, 2017, 11:28:31 PM

Prequel novel sounds fantastic.  So long as it picks up straight after Prometheus.  I'll read a sequel novel if it's a prequel to the next film after A:C.

Maybe Walter.

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, I'm thinking the same. Also nice to see Franco mentioned in the synopsis. I think that's the first real confirmation outside of Franco's surprise in the interviews.  :)

This has actually been on Amazon for a few weeks now. I was talking about this book to someone on a Twitter a few weeks back and I've no idea why I never posted it.  :laugh: I've shared it now.

Hemi

Too easy. And David was the bad guy in Prometheus.(to the general public) So thats wat people expect.

Then again... Franco could be, or maybe Shaw turns up and gives birth to Newt because she kissed Hicks in another dimension.

Fck knows.

Mr. Clemens

I'm gonna stick with the art book and whatever docs appear on the blu-ray. In my experience, anything that says 'Collector's Edition' on it is usually pretty useless. YMMV, of course.

Ingwar

QuoteBut the biggest danger may perhaps come from a more unexpected source...

If it's unexpected then it shouldn't be David since we all know he's got mental :)

Scorpio

Quote from: Hemi on Jan 17, 2017, 11:37:13 AM
Too easy. And David was the bad guy in Prometheus.(to the general public) So thats wat people expect.

He's not a typical bad guy, though.  If you look at the other human villains of the series, their motivations are pretty clear.  However, with David you don't know.  Like the question if he has consciousness that Ridley mentioned.

Nyarlathotep

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Jan 16, 2017, 11:51:56 PM

Maybe Walter.
No, it will definitely turn out to be our good friend David.

OpenMaw

I mean, i'd love to think the Engineers might show up in the end and really make a nightmare mind-f*ck out of the situation. Like waking up the colonists just to experiment on them... But we'd never see a film like that made by the mainstream. It'll likely be David pulling a Wrath of Khan type of scenario.

Kronnang_Dunn

What if the biggest danger turns out to be Shaw?  :o

Game_Over_Man

I'd like that all out Engineer/Neomorph/David chaos...but I think it's more probable David has wiped out the Engineers, and become "God" on his own little planet.

windebieste

Quote from: Scorpio on Jan 17, 2017, 11:21:45 PM
Quote from: Hemi on Jan 17, 2017, 11:37:13 AM

He's not a typical bad guy, though.  If you look at the other human villains of the series, their motivations are pretty clear.  However, with David you don't know.  Like the question if he has consciousness that Ridley mentioned.

Well, yes.  Basically this.  For most of 'PROMETHEUS' running time, David 8's actions were carried out under the instructions of Weyland.   It will be interesting to see how this machine interprets 'freedom' now that it has.   After all, Weyland assuredly states that David has no soul. 

Can a machine capable of more than follow instructions truly understand what Freedom actually means? 

This will be a very interesting movie.  No doubt Sir Scott is out to investigate what it means to be a free thinking Human Being vs Intelligent Machine with an agenda.  Too awesome. 

As for the book itself, 96 pages may seem a little light - but for a lavish full colour production that's being offered any more will drive the cost up.  Call it a 'Collectors Edition' if you like.  It's just marketing hype.  Titan will want to sell boatloads of the book.  Nonetheless, I'm still looking forward to adding this to my library.  I just wish publisher's would stop badging print copies with such superfluous content across covers like this.   

Given time, almost anything officially released in print form becomes a Collector's item.   

-Windebieste.

Shamo

I need to see some hints at the Drukhati!

prometheusfire08

prometheusfire08

if you observe the way David talks to the crew , I've noticed their questions lack definition and are asked in a nonchalant way

he answers them in the same way and never really gives any definitive answers , like he knows that because their questions lack specificity he answers in the same way , vague and without specifics .

he is a very sneaky robot

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed