Just Talk.

Started by Amaterasu, Aug 22, 2013, 02:02:12 AM

Author
Just Talk. (Read 609,164 times)

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Hey guys! Long time no see. I'm amazed that this site is still around, but very happy to see it. I used to be pretty active around these parts 12+ years ago and it suddenly came to mind after I finished watching Prey. How have you all been?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I'm not going well but I liked Prey, and I also like Tyranids, so welcome back.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Hive Tyrant on Aug 07, 2022, 05:28:31 AMHey guys! Long time no see. I'm amazed that this site is still around, but very happy to see it. I used to be pretty active around these parts 12+ years ago and it suddenly came to mind after I finished watching Prey. How have you all been?

Welcome back! Yeah, we're still going strong! Don't intend on going anywhere. :)

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

So I was feeling nostalgic and wanted to play Pokemon Crystal on my Nintendo Gameboy, but it doesn't save....

But now I want to look into actually trying to repair it via new batteries and some soldering.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Aug 10, 2022, 04:16:30 AMSo I was feeling nostalgic and wanted to play Pokemon Crystal on my Nintendo Gameboy, but it doesn't save....

But now I want to look into actually trying to repair it via new batteries and some soldering.

GBC cartridges quite often either stop saving entirely or will save, but not keep the saved game when reset. I just play emulators now, it's easier on my thumbs anyway.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Aug 11, 2022, 08:30:22 AMGBC cartridges quite often either stop saving entirely or will save, but not keep the saved game when reset.
Yea it doesn't hold the save after switching it off so a new battery should solve this issue, of course though a time will come when it's too worn out.

QuoteI just play emulators now, it's easier on my thumbs anyway.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Aug 11, 2022, 04:26:14 PM
QuoteI just play emulators now, it's easier on my thumbs anyway.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG2abIqX6lE

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

A Jhoto region remake for the Switch would be nice.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Never ever.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Aug 11, 2022, 10:11:21 PMNever ever.

If they can give me Kanto than they can give Jhoto.

Or there will be blood.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I actually found Let's Go quite charming. But I haven't gotten into the Gen 4 remakes on Switch yet. I booted it up but wasn't in the mood and haven't jumped back onto it yet.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Are there any later games that go back to the simplicity of the first two generations? Eventually it ends up where your pokeman has an ability that negates half of the other pokemans ability which is partially counteracted by an item which has a one in four chance of being negated by your item before the attack even hits or doesn't and I don't have time for that shit. Even the Gen 1 remakes go in for that to an extent.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Went to Microplay and got the battery to Pokemon Crystal replaced in 5 minutes for $15 and now it saves properly.  ;D

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Muricans and geography... scary stuff:

https://mobile.twitter.com/summer_bcast/status/1558088903961284608

Does @Local Trouble often confuse Australia for Russia?  :P

Kradan

Kradan

Two people pointed there, I guess you're f**ked, @SiL

To be fair to Muricans, if someone asked me to find, let's say, Afganistan or Syria on a map I would have trouble doing it

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed