Michael Biehn "Optimistic" About Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 15, 2015, 11:36:24 AM

Author
Michael Biehn "Optimistic" About Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5 (Read 46,629 times)

Corporal Hicks

Fury Road was both a commercial and critical hit. And the 4th film in a franchise. That kind of performance isn't frequent now-a-days. I loved that film as a new viewer to the series.

System Apollo

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 25, 2015, 01:10:10 PM
Sure, you'll always get some people who didn't like it. But overall I'd say it's safe to call it a big success.

The same can't really be said of the vast majority of 80s/90s restart films that have come out in recent years. To be honest, most of them were greeted with a pretty indifferent response at best.
True, very true.

And even more true, I felt as if some of them got a lot of mixed reviews as well. There's something about Hollywood trying to amplify the intensity behind some of the old iconic characters that either rubs people the wrong way or has them enjoy them more so than the original. However the ladder definitely is a rare case...

THE CITY HUNTER

Guys do you think Alien 5  is going to retconn Alien 3 please say no i mean he has not read the script if it is then NO!!!!!!!!!!!

Corporal Hicks

He might not have read the script but Blomkamp told him what he was going to do. And that includes retconning Alien 3 and Resurrection. We knew it was coming.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 25, 2015, 02:05:13 PM
He might not have read the script but Blomkamp told him what he was going to do. And that includes retconning Alien 3 and Resurrection. We knew it was coming.
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :( >:( :o :((by the way i like your new profile picture)

Perfect-Organism

You realise you still get to keep your copy of Alien 3 right?  I just hope we see them explore some alt timelines, whether in books, film or comics or video games...

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Aug 26, 2015, 09:19:34 PM
You realise you still get to keep your copy of Alien 3 right?  I just hope we see them explore some alt timelines, whether in books, film or comics or video games...
But the story,the characters they were amazing i dont wont them chucked out of the timeline.

ts124

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Aug 27, 2015, 02:16:22 PM
But the story,the characters they were amazing i dont wont them chucked out of the timeline.

You honestly don't have to follow the "official canon" if you dont want to. Its not like they are getting rid of every single copy of alien 3 out there.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: ts124 on Aug 27, 2015, 07:48:37 PM
Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Aug 27, 2015, 02:16:22 PM

You honestly don't have to follow the "official canon" if you dont want to. Its not like they are getting rid of every single copy of alien 3 out there.
but i would like it to be cannon just like the FEAR expansion games were chucked out because of the shitty FEAR 3

Ash 937

Quote from: System Apollo on Aug 25, 2015, 02:51:56 AM
Quote from: Ash 937 on Aug 25, 2015, 02:32:15 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 24, 2015, 07:15:47 AM

I can't remember who posted it - someone on my Facebook but can't recall who - said that Biehn said they were looking to recast Newt with a 29/30 yo actress and that the idea would be Ripley would sort of pass on the torch to Newt. I can't find the frigging source though.

So that would mean that the franchise would get passed on to another female lead. 

What are the odds that Hicks dies twice in the Alien universe?
:laugh:

The torch passing dynamic is rather odd seeing as Ripley's contact with the alien was rather brief (a few days at most). If this is the case, how will it play out for the audience perceiving the plot? Are we to assume that xenomorphs were terrorizing the universe up until Newt turned 30?

From I've seen of this franchise, anything is possible.  Alien3 had face huggers that seemed to appear out of nowhere and Alien Resurrection showed us that you could somehow clone a human with an alien inside of you.  All of a sudden the notion of a universe terrorized by aliens doesn't seem so odd...

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 25, 2015, 07:21:32 AM
We don't know what's happened in those interim years yet.

Exactly.  Newt could be completely different as an adult.  Thinking the difference between Sarah Conor in the original Terminator film and Judgement Day. 

THE CITY HUNTER

What more can we do for Ripley she has faced Alien and Aliens the way it is going is like a happy hollywood ending even Weaver hinted that:
but she implied she'd be involved when a fan asked if Ripley could get a happy ending in the new movie.

"Well – it's certainly something we've discussed," she replied. "I agree, she's had kind of a crap life. Many interruptions."
:( >:( :-X :-\

Xenomorphine

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Sep 10, 2015, 03:57:01 PM
What more can we do for Ripley she has faced Alien and Aliens the way it is going is like a happy hollywood ending even Weaver hinted that:
but she implied she'd be involved when a fan asked if Ripley could get a happy ending in the new movie.

"Well – it's certainly something we've discussed," she replied. "I agree, she's had kind of a crap life. Many interruptions."
:( >:( :-X :-\

You need to read up on the hero quest cycle. It's the basic formula for almost every classic story in existence. Unless you're using an anti-hero, a hero's journey is typically concluded by being stronger/wiser for the test they have just faced: A 'happy ending'.

NickisSmart

"Sadder and wiser men" as Samuel Coleridge Taylor would have insisted.

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: NickisSmart on Sep 12, 2015, 08:55:52 PM
"Sadder and wiser men" as Samuel Coleridge Taylor would have insisted.

Lol just about to listen to Iron Maiden's Powerslave. so nicely timed

NickisSmart

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed