Novelizing the Comics?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 10, 2007, 12:46:33 PM

Author
Novelizing the Comics? (Read 6,133 times)

Snore

Snore

Quote from: SM on Mar 13, 2007, 12:00:50 AM
Same with Colonial Marines.  They never adaquately addressed the whole Father/ Kleist thing.

Another example of the shifting writer syndrome. I don't have anything against the constantly changing flow of the story, really, because each change was more like the space between an episode in a series that was just one arc (I wish I can shorten that.) Sure, a few characters vanish and suddenly Lt. Henry looks like Charlie Sheen. But I still enjoyed it.

DoS had one guy running the whole story there, so it's obvious that a little padding went a little too far there.

SM

SM

The incoherence of Colonial Marines wrecked the early potential.

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

Kindred wouldn't be a bad story to transfer into a novel.

Snore

Snore

Quote from: BrokenTusk on Mar 13, 2007, 08:25:46 PM
Kindred wouldn't be a bad story to transfer into a novel.

I remember that one! I remember it was the only one where the Predator killed a kid. It's during the Predator attack on the Sherrif's Office when the lynch mob arrive, one of the bodies that came through the roof.

Yautja

Yautja

Id like to see a novelisation of Cold War.

Xenoegg

Xenoegg

Quote from: Yautja on Mar 15, 2007, 12:24:55 AM
Id like to see a novelisation of Cold War.

From Cold War,gives a Novel written by Nathan Archer .

Yautja

Yautja

Quote from: Xenoegg on Mar 15, 2007, 07:32:25 AM
From Cold War,gives a Novel written by Nathan Archer .

Thanks for letting me know. I never realised there was a novelisasation of Cold War.

Corporal Hicks

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

I like the summary of Predator: Homeworld though the art isn't too great, but the plot had an ancient Predator hunting 3 wreckless teens, who disobey their laws of the hunt. Brings a original idea to the formula.

*SPOILER*

I remember it was the only one where the Predator killed a kid. It's during the Predator attack on the Sherrif's Office when the lynch mob arrive, one of the bodies that came through the roof.

did he ? The only kid I could think of was the main character who eventually grows into a adult and has his own family, I don't recall the Predator killing any children. I know the hunter has his eye on the serial killer, but that's all.

Snore

Snore

Quote from: BrokenTusk on Mar 16, 2007, 02:15:36 AM
did he ? The only kid I could think of was the main character who eventually grows into a adult and has his own family, I don't recall the Predator killing any children. I know the hunter has his eye on the serial killer, but that's all.

Well, looking at it now. I'm not sure, the way he's drawn makes him look like Buddy-Age 9. (This is the frame with "George, no, don't!" as George is bending over the bodies that just came through the roof. The alleged child is the one on the bottom.

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

*Spoiler*

I have to read it again I suppose, the hunter freeing the serial killer was an intresting twist.

Pax

Pax

Deadliest of the Species was awesome, though it does wander a bit toward the end.  Everytime I read it, I understand a little bit more of what's going on.  I don't think it make a good novel though, due to it's length.  Then again, with its length, they wouldn't have to add anything else in...

The same goes for the Labyrinth novel/series, though neither really ends up telling you exactly what's going on.

After Xenogenesis, I kinda fell off the Aliens/Predators bandwagon for a while, but Destroying Angels would be badass in book form, I've no doubt.

-Pax

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Pax on Mar 23, 2007, 11:34:11 PM
After Xenogenesis, I kinda fell off the Aliens/Predators bandwagon for a while, but Destroying Angels would be badass in book form, I've no doubt.

Damn right. Let me have a DA novel please.

The Ultimate Predator

Quote from: Pax on Mar 23, 2007, 11:34:11 PM
Deadliest of the Species was awesome, though it does wander a bit toward the end.  Everytime I read it, I understand a little bit more of what's going on.  I don't think it make a good novel though, due to it's length.  Then again, with its length, they wouldn't have to add anything else in...

The same goes for the Labyrinth novel/series, though neither really ends up telling you exactly what's going on.

-Pax

DOTS sucked majorly. Xenogensis rocked.  ;D

SM

SM

I just re-read DOTS for the umpteenth time.  It made a bit more sense.  Though not much.  And some bits (Caryn hooting around in the classic car/ silly in-jokes like calling the Predator ship 'Ellen Ripley') are still just mindboggingly stupid.

Also re-read Colonial Marines.  Still mostly incoherent.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed