ComicbookGirl Interviews Lance Henriksen

Started by RakaiThwei, Sep 11, 2014, 02:56:25 AM

Author
ComicbookGirl Interviews Lance Henriksen (Read 40,690 times)

SiL

Quote from: predxeno on Sep 13, 2014, 12:00:42 AM
Wey-Yu didn't seem to have a problem using the light balls in A:CM and they managed to capture the Alien Queen.
That's Wey-Yu. I asked about the Marines.

QuoteThere are no ships in commission that are 257 years old though.
Nor are there in the first three Alien movies. Point?

predxeno

Wey-Yu and the marines have the exact same technology, whenever a merc dies the player can easily pick up any compatible weapons and items.

You're suggesting with your missile silo example that the only reason the Auriga wasn't upgraded with the latest tech was cause it was produced 257 years ago of A:R, if it was produced later than it would have been a more modern ship with no need for updating.

SM

SM

QuoteAlso, you're making quite a few things up yourself in your attempt to keep Prometheus canon.

1) Prometheus is quite obviously canon as of right now, so what I attempt is neither here nor there.
2) What am I making up?

QuoteAlso, if people have this low an opinion of Fox already, why are they trusting Fox with the power to decanonize titles for a massive series reboot?  Are we really that confident that Fox won't end up abusing this power somehow?

Because they're making a serious attempt at a cohesive continuity, for what seems like the first time.

Will it all slot flawlessly together - no.  There's already issues with Out Of The Shadows, and I told my contact at Fox as much.  More will no doubt pop up in the comics and Isolation and whatever else follows.

Doesn't mean I don't appreciate the fact they're actively trying to make it fit.

SiL

Quote from: predxeno on Sep 13, 2014, 05:52:51 AM
Wey-Yu and the marines have the exact same technology,
Clearly they don't. The Marines aren't shown having Pups available to them.

QuoteYou're suggesting with your missile silo example that the only reason the Auriga wasn't upgraded with the latest tech was cause it was produced 257 years ago of A:R, if it was produced later than it would have been a more modern ship with no need for updating.
I'm saying just cos there's new tech doesn't mean it's going to be used.

And again:

Where do we see in the Auriga that would need fancy holographic screens?
You say that because A:CM doesn't give the Sulaco Prometheus-level tech, that this is Ridley Scott's fault for having more advance technology in a prequel movie. How do you not see how stupid this is?

predxeno

You're essentially asking why the military needs Blu-Ray players and HD tv, they need it to show they are up-to-date on technology; if not for a practical reason then at least to show the world that they are still on the leading edge of things, if they show inferior technology then that's a psychological invitation for attack.

SM

If an enemy saw the home shopping channel on the Auriga - the Auriga's already under attack.

And the overwhelming majority of screens on Prometheus were not holographic.  There was the mapping table, whatever they used for Weyland's message, Charlie's little rubiks cube and the screen Shaw was using in her quarters.  There's dozens of screens all around the bridge and in medlab that were simple displays or touchscreens.

SiL

Quote from: predxeno on Sep 13, 2014, 06:13:32 AM
You're essentially asking why the military needs Blu-Ray players and HD tv, they need it to show they are up-to-date on technology; if not for a practical reason then at least to show the world that they are still on the leading edge of things, if they show inferior technology then that's a psychological invitation for attack.
No, I'm asking why they would have that technology in the areas we see.

I have asked this repeatedly. You refuse to answer.

Seriously, why would you put a holographic screen in a god-damned hangar? Not even Prometheus does this.

Quote from: SM on Sep 13, 2014, 06:18:20 AM
If an enemy saw the home shopping channel on the Auriga - the Auriga's already under attack.
Also this.

predxeno

So are any of the Prometheus's tech featured in the concept art galleries of the Sulaco or Auriga?  What about Hadley's Hope of which we see more of onscreen?

SiL

Or you could just keep avoiding the question and acting like that means you have a case ... ???

For the record, Alien's concept art has some pretty Prometheus-level technology.

predxeno

predxeno

How am I avoiding the question?  I already answered your question in my previous post; the military needs to demonstrate that it has up-to-date technology not only to impress the citizens it's supposed to protect, but also to deter enemies from seeing it as a weak and outdated organization.

Milan

Quote from: predxeno on Sep 13, 2014, 06:41:47 AM
How am I avoiding the question?  I already answered your question in my previous post; the military needs to demonstrate that it has up-to-date technology not only to impress the citizens it's supposed to protect, but also to deter enemies from seeing it as a weak and outdated organization.

I think that has more to do with what type of weapons they have at their disposal and the damage they can do with them.

And I think that the equipment a scientist would use on an exploreing expidition would be different compareing the equipment used in a scouting/ rescue mission in a possible hostile enviroment. But to be honest I don't know much about how these missions are done irl but I think that if you salvage all the equipment used by scientists/ explorers on a friendly mission to make contact with some tribe in an unexplored region, would be very different compared with all the eqipment used by a navy seal team on a rescue mission in a hostile enviroment, I also think that who's funding each mission is of importance when talking about the quality of the equipment being used.

predxeno

Here's a funny but true story, on many occasions government technology can be influenced by things designed in TV shows, this was certainly the case with the TV show 24 and its CTU (Counter-Terrorism Unit).

Milan

Quote from: predxeno on Sep 13, 2014, 07:57:16 AM
Here's a funny but true story, on many occasions government technology can be influenced by things designed in TV shows, this was certainly the case with the TV show 24 and its CTU (Counter-Terrorism Unit).

I seen some episodes from that show but not as many that I could call myself a fan or follower, still liked it though, might pick up a box some days and go through some of it's seasons :-) What did the goverment pick up frpm that show?

predxeno

They never mentioned specifically but I think it's things like workplace layouts and designs for various computer programs.

RakaiThwei

[Eyes the thread for a moment. Blinks and then shakes head]

...At least I get front page credit for sharing this.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed