Army of the Dead

Started by ace3g, Apr 05, 2019, 11:41:35 PM

Author
Army of the Dead (Read 6,101 times)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Yeah it depends on how smart and how it will be portrayed, as always.

Rudiger

Rudiger

Looks like somebody's read The Passage and switched Vegas swamped by vampires to Vegas swamped by zombies.

Jigsaw85

Jigsaw85

"They're smarter. They're faster. They're organized."

Then why call them zombies?

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Because it sells more.

ace3g

ace3g

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: HyperbeastThe visual effects (VFX) team behind Zack Snyder's Army of The Dead zombie film has revealed that the movie's zombie tiger was in fact modelled after one of Carole Baskin's tigers.

In an interview with Collider, producer Deborah Snyder explained that plans were already in the works before Netflix released the highly popular Tiger King last year. The visual effects team had apparently made calls to various animal sanctuaries hoping to get a real-life reference to model for the animated zombie tiger, Valentine. The team ended up choosing a tiger owned by Baskin, reportedly spending a week at Baskin's sanctuary before the series aired. Deborah joking added, "At least they got out of there alive."

https://twitter.com/HYPEBEAST/status/1384837113997316096

ace3g

ace3g

One thing that is still "bugging" me about #ArmyoftheDead is the cinematography -- some type of blur filter especially on background objects.

MudButt

MudButt

Just saw it in the theater. I liked it a lot! It takes a few turns I didn't expect but overall it's a good time.

I'll list a few cons..

- The pacing in the second act can drag a bit. Attempts to show some characters ''bonding'' feel forced.
- The heist element isn't as strong as promoted.
- Some CG was a bit SyFy channel level..

Now for the PROS !!!
- Cast gives their all despite some not getting much development
- Zombie killing doesn't disappoint, especially in the 3rd act.
- Blood n Gore is fun!
- Some good jokes
- Opening 20 minutes rules

Bautista and Samantha Win have standout action scenes in particular.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Was the
Spoiler
zombie gang rape
[close]
from the first draft in it?

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 14, 2021, 05:22:33 AM
Was the
Spoiler
zombie gang rape
[close]

Big fat negative (although I felt like something of that nature is implied) ! Some elements do make their way into it though.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: MudButt on May 14, 2021, 05:25:36 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on May 14, 2021, 05:22:33 AM
Was the
Spoiler
zombie gang rape
[close]

Big fat negative (although I felt like something of that nature is implied) ! Some elements do make their way into it though.

Thank god.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: MudButt on May 14, 2021, 05:21:11 AM
Just saw it in the theater. I liked it a lot! It takes a few turns I didn't expect but overall it's a good time.

I'll list a few cons..

- The pacing in the second act can drag a bit. Attempts to show some characters ''bonding'' feel forced.

Now for the PROS !!!
- Blood n Gore is fun!
- Some good jokes

Is it just plain fun or is there more serious/emotional sequences ? Like when some characters die, is there heroic sacrifices or stuff like that ? That's what I quite like in those kind of movies.

And is the gore just fun silly gore a la The Predator, or is it sometimes really brutal ?

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 14, 2021, 12:44:48 PM
Quote from: MudButt on May 14, 2021, 05:21:11 AM

I'll list a few cons..

Now for the PROS !!!
- Blood n Gore is fun!
- Some good jokes

Is it just plain fun or is there more serious/emotional sequences ? Like when some characters die, is there heroic sacrifices or stuff like that ? That's what I quite like in those kind of movies.

And is the gore just fun silly gore a la The Predator, or is it sometimes really brutal ?

Snyder definitely puts in some serious/emotional moments. They don't always work but a few times it does work and you feel for the characters. Unfortunately not all of them are developed enough so you don't fully feel the intention.

There are a few characters deaths that really work. A couple are just fun/quick but I can point out 2 deaths that really shocked me and 1 that actually made me feel bad.

There is a combination of silly gore and also really brutal. He takes the kills seriously. I'd say the zombies get the silly-shock deaths a few times and the humans mainly get serious deaths save for 1 or 2 characters.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Ok thanks for the answer !

ace3g

ace3g

Quote from: ace3g on May 14, 2021, 02:29:44 AM
One thing that is still "bugging" me about #ArmyoftheDead is the cinematography -- some type of blur filter especially on background objects.

Well this at least answers my question how they accomplished this out of focus cinematography.

https://twitter.com/CinemaBlend/status/1393977796746088448

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed