The King Kong Thread

Started by ace3g, Oct 04, 2013, 06:59:45 PM

Author
The King Kong Thread (Read 57,336 times)

King Rathalos

Quote from: Tangakkai on Jul 27, 2014, 01:37:39 PM
Once they've done that, who knows what's next... King Kong vs. Godzilla... Legendary's Monster cinematic universe? oh dear...

YES YES YEEEEEEESSSSSSS

BRING IN ALL THE MONSTERS

Nightmare Asylum

Eh, not fond of the idea of a crossove with these properties.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

I want the story about the castaway from King Kong. I wanna see Kong at the top of his rule on the island and these people discovering it for the first time. Lots of opportunities for old and new wildlife too!

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Dovahkiin on Jul 27, 2014, 07:35:04 PM
I want the story about the castaway from King Kong.
But we already got it. He came, he saw, he was heavily traumatized, then he killed himself after rescue.

Not exactly an optimistic setup for a golden age story of epic adventure...

Aspie

Aspie

willy wonka cameo plz

KiramidHead

I want to see something like the Natural History of Skull Island book, with Denham leading subsequent expeditions to the island.

Nightmare Asylum

Haven't read the book, but that basically sounds like playing fast and loose with the premise of Son of Kong, which could definitely work here.

SM

SM

The hint is in the title - Nazi lab on Skull Island where they clone Kong.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jul 27, 2014, 08:13:19 PM
But we already got it. He came, he saw, he was heavily traumatized, then he killed himself after rescue.

I'm pretty sure in PJs King Kong, Kong was the last of his kind. A prequel story about that first crew would give a new story, new characters and the potential for an awesome prequel. If this is about Denham trying to exploit the island, I'm out. I'm not up for Avatar with a 25-foot ape.

KiramidHead

Quote from: Dovahkiin on Jul 27, 2014, 10:30:01 PM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jul 27, 2014, 08:13:19 PM

I'm pretty sure in PJs King Kong, Kong was the last of his kind. A prequel story about that first crew would give a new story, new characters and the potential for an awesome prequel. If this is about Denham trying to exploit the island, I'm out. I'm not up for Avatar with a 25-foot ape.

Denham wasn't exploiting the island in the book I mentioned, he was bringing people to study it.

Nightmare Asylum

They could honestly separate this completely from Jackson's film and I wouldn't mind all that much. I mean, I love the movie, but if the best chance of this being a good film is to be its own thing then so be it.

SM

SM

It doesn't need to have any relation to the Wingnut film , or any other Kong film.

Vepariga

Vepariga

Clone Kong with cyborg arm.

KiramidHead

Quote from: Vepariga on Jul 28, 2014, 06:31:09 AM

Skull Island: Blood Dragon  ;D

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Vepariga on Jul 28, 2014, 06:31:09 AM
The Winter Kong?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed