This is not a game.

Started by Berend, Oct 15, 2017, 08:02:31 AM

Author
This is not a game. (Read 4,958 times)

razeak

razeak

An experience is an apt description. Survival horror was already my favorite genre. This game to me is the pinnacle of the genre. Between Outlast and A:I that was one of the best months of gaming ever for me.

PredBabe

PredBabe

I keep meaning to come back to this game, I've yet to see the alien! Never been the best with survival horror stealth games. Instant panic for me when you have to rush to hide. There's no denying this game is brilliant though.

Apollo

Apollo

Agreed.
It's an experience.
The best Alien game ever released , and the best horror game to be released.
I like horror gaming but this, THIS gets around the problem that plagues other horror games. The problem of repetition.
Take Resident Evil 7 as recent example , praised to no end for its atmosphere and sense of dread and deservedly so. However, after I finished it and started a second run through that dread and fear of not knowing what was coming had gone. Alien Isolation on the other hand doesn't have this. Every play through with the obvious exception of the opening two levels are different. You have no idea where the alien is and that A.I. is pure genius.
This game will hold up for years and years.

Wweyland

Wweyland

This game was a masterpiece.
The only things lacking were the later DLC-s, although the movie related DLC-s were awesome.
Would have loved an Aliens (play as Newt) or Alien 3 DLC but that would have been too much development.

NetworkATTH

NetworkATTH

To be honest, some of the mechanics of the campaign got old on me after the years since its been released. Feels just like yesterday. And booting it up feels just like home. I usually just play survival mode to give myself a proper heart attack.

Apollo

Apollo

Quote from: NetworkATTH on Jan 27, 2018, 04:29:34 PM
To be honest, some of the mechanics of the campaign got old on me after the years since its been released. Feels just like yesterday. And booting it up feels just like home. I usually just play survival mode to give myself a proper heart attack.

Survivor mode is a real test of nerves and strategy for sure. Always provides entertaining viewing on twitch. I find 'Safe Haven' to be the toughest.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed