What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 587,373 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Sure @Rico Loco 😅😉

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

My Hot Toys Luke Skywalker (Mandalorian Season 2) got pushed back to March-May.

I've been waiting since November.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Car I was going to look at tomorrow has been sold :(

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I think my stomach is saying the Chinese food was a bad choice.

Immortan Jonesy

I bet Chinese food prepared by an AI would be healthier

Kradan

Kradan

Nah, David will try to wipe out humanity with weaponised chinese food

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jan 15, 2023, 12:50:54 AMI think my stomach is saying the Chinese food was a bad choice.

COVID-20 confirmed.

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Really sad today... my 'go-to' version of 'Alien' has completely disappeared from my HDD, and it's not a file I can get back 😭

Despite owning most official releases and a variety of older transfers (tv recordings etc) my fave version to watch is always the D-Theater / D-VHS release of the Director's Cut. I preferred it over the blu-ray / 4kUHD for its colour grading, that it retained more grain, and looked how I recall seeing it at the cinema (more muted / silver tones... no blue plastered all over the Space Jockey scene, exterior shots of the Nostromo greyer etc etc)..I had a nice 22gb rip from waaay back. I was flicking through my hard drive last night, and it was gone..at first I thought I done something stupid, like dropped it into another folder by mistake...after hunting through every vhs /laserdisc transfer folder, and having no luck, I can only imagine that somehow, on my last clear out of duplicate files, I've accidentally deleted it. I immediately got the various trackers / torrent sites to try locate it again, and as you can imagine, it's long dead. Only site still showing it with 2 seeders, I can't retrieve the torrent (so I'm suspecting it's clickbait to sell a VPN).

To say I'm wounded is an understatement - I'd been holding into these files, not just for nostalgia, but as i had hoped to put together an 'ultimate' blu-ray set with a variety of transfers down the line...

This came only a week after realising my 2 copies of the 'Alien Isolation' dark horse comic I had obtained at the eurogamer expo during the games release had been placed in a book for "safe keeping"..I book that we donated to charity among others during moving home.. double whammy. (It's never the things that are easy to obtain again, is it?) 😔

Just had to vent.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I am sick to death of trying to find a new car. Everything is so expensive now.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yep. My car's getting on and I'm basically praying that it hangs in there for another couple of years because the price of second-hand motors right now is insane.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Is it because of Brexit or because your cars need extra amenities just like your tanks?

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

So lately I've been sick again (tested negative this time thankfully unlike in mid-December), started as a frog in my throat, went up into my nose, then also turned into a cough and now a frog in my throat again but all at once.

So I got myself Vitamin C, D and Zinc supplements for the long term care.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 29, 2023, 07:42:26 PMIs it because of Brexit or because your cars need extra amenities just like your tanks?

I think it's a global issue right now.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Plus the impending ban on cars that aren't hybrids or electric has meant people are reluctant to buy new motors, so the used market's gone crazy.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jan 29, 2023, 08:00:57 PMSo lately I've been sick again (tested negative this time thankfully unlike in mid-December), started as a frog in my throat, went up into my nose, then also turned into a cough and now a frog in my throat again but all at once.

So I got myself Vitamin C, D and Zinc supplements for the long term care.

Good luck. Hope you feel better soon.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed