Story Mode Help & Discussion (Playthrough Videos)

Started by ikarop, Sep 27, 2014, 11:57:31 PM

Author
Story Mode Help & Discussion (Playthrough Videos) (Read 111,307 times)

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: Jango1201 on Sep 29, 2014, 01:30:58 AM
I really must thank this pewdiepie guy. I caved in and started watching the video but 2 minutes of his voice forced me to turn it off, saving me from spoiling myself.

Once again, there are no spoilers.

thecaffeinatedone

The game is very pleasing to look at so far, not gonna make any judgements yet. I'm really glad that the dialog wasn't cringe-worthy like I feared. Obviously not Oscar-worthy, but solid enough to set up characters and get thing's going. Here's to hoping we'll get a good game along with a dose of cautious skepticism!   ;D

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

It was worth it to hear the annoying voice of this guy, because God! the game is absolutely stunning  8)

Jango1201

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Sep 29, 2014, 01:49:17 AM
I really must thank this pewdiepie guy. I caved in and started watching the video but 2 minutes of his voice forced me to turn it off, saving me from spoiling myself.

I always TRY to avoid anything that may make my first play through less interesting. A game isn't fun for me when I know whats to come and what to do before I play it, weather there are major spoilers or just simple game play. Sadly half the time my eagerness gets the best of me.

Vrastal

Quote from: Jango1201 on Sep 29, 2014, 02:42:28 AM
Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Sep 29, 2014, 01:49:17 AM

I always TRY to avoid anything that may make my first play through less interesting. A game isn't fun for me when I know whats to come and what to do before I play it, weather there are major spoilers or just simple game play. Sadly half the time my eagerness gets the best of me.

There really isnt that much to worry about in this video. diepie is annoying and as stated before, he  knows little about the franchise, there nothing in the video that would lessen your first playthrough, if anything itll get you more excited

Jango1201

I getcha, I just like going in blind.

magical_boy

Game feels good. The original Alien soundtrack really helps to nail the tone
The commentator though...I find him incredibly annoying, why is he so popular on Youtube? His girly boy mannerisms are really irritating

Vrastal

because hes "random and funny" as my 13 year old cousin says

Uncanny Antman

Jesus f**k is he annoying.  He's a perfect reminder of why I hate "the Youtube generation", especially when it comes to the cinema.  "Oh shiiit!  f**k, of f**k, oh....what the fuh?  What is that?  Huh.  Weird" 

Ever have a thought you didn't say out loud?

(Yes, I know that's the point of this video, but I hate how the style has seeped into everyday life.)

On the plus side, game looks good.  :)

magical_boy

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Sep 29, 2014, 04:24:45 AM
Jesus f**k is he annoying.  He's a perfect reminder of why I hate "the Youtube generation"

There are a number of good Youtube game/movie reviewers...this guy clearly isn't one of them but sadly a lot of people enjoy his verbal flatulence

His name, his voice, his pink headphones...one word describes him real well, and it rhymes with maggot

MrSpaceJockey

Yeah how about no slurs.

I don't like Pewdiepie or whatever either but do we really need to dwell on this issue.  The freaking article on the frontpage itself calls him annoying ( :D) I don't think it gets any more "AVG" official than that.

Vrastal

We not like the guy but slurs arent appropriate, even implied

Randomizer

Randomizer

Quote from: magical_boy on Sep 29, 2014, 05:19:45 AM

His name, his voice, his pink headphones...one word describes him real well, and it rhymes with maggot

He says it's part of being "fabulous" .  He made some videos with "The Fabulizer" ( which is actually photoshop , I suppose ) . I  watched them by accident and ... there's no way to describe them otherwise as being retarded .  :laugh:

PROCEED WITH CAUTION !

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

If you ever wonder why I know so much about this guy ... It's because of my friends ( I watched a lot of PewDiePie's videos accidentaly ) .

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Sep 29, 2014, 05:25:01 AM
I don't like Pewdiepie or whatever either but do we really need to dwell on this issue.  The freaking article on the frontpage itself calls him annoying ( :D) I don't think it gets any more "AVG" official than that.

I do love Darkness. xD

I've avoided watching it - mostly because I don't want this guy spoiling the experience of the first 20 minutes. I've seen a brief clip of the start from the EGX panel and it looked wonderful and atmospheric. That can tide me over until next week.

What is wonderful is seeing footage and etc early on, instead of the day before(*cough* ACM). Shows some confidence in the game.

barker_s

I used to watch PewDiePie when he had less than a million subscribers and was mildly amusing back then (his reactions to horror games were genuine and pretty funny actually). Nowadays... he's just being stupid in front of the camera? I don't know. Still watched the vid and I'm so hyped for this game right now.

Btw, have you guys seen this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jWEkthafwg

It doesn't contain any spoilers, it's from the survivor mode. I had some doubts before about the Alien AI and behavior, but after watching it I'm pretty sure it's going to be fun to play.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed