Titan Books Unveils Novels Aliens: Vasquez By Author V. Castro

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 24, 2022, 04:22:54 PM

Author
Titan Books Unveils Novels Aliens: Vasquez By Author V. Castro (Read 36,453 times)

Some Old Dude

The universe is big and interesting enough not to need the dragon really. But I suppose that's what sells.

VincentVegaFFF

When is Jones going to get his revenge on the Xenomorphs? For too long his story has gone untold! I demand a trilogy!

Engineer

Quote from: VincentVegaFFF on Mar 25, 2022, 02:05:20 AM
When is Jones going to get his revenge on the Xenomorphs? For too long his story has gone untold! I demand a trilogy!

Jones did get his own book already... 🤷‍♂️
"Jonesy: nine lives on the nostromo"

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Engineer on Mar 25, 2022, 02:54:06 AM

But what about Jones' kittens embarking on a mission to learn about his fate and finding Aliens along the way?

Engineer

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 25, 2022, 03:10:09 AM

But what about Jones' kittens embarking on a mission to learn about his fate and finding Aliens along the way?

That's due out alien day 2023

AspenBeer

Given how niche the audience for these kinds of products are, one would think that the publisher might run some of these worn-out premises by the fan base. A focus group with 5-10 members of this site might make them realize that we're all tired of the same three plots being recycled over the last several years. Why not something deranged and ambitious like the Labyrinth comic/novel?

Gentleman Death

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 24, 2022, 10:34:52 PM
They give us all this crap but they won't give us Morse's Star Beast . Outrageous  >:(

Now this would be something I'd be interested in 😎

Xenomrph

If the book manages to sneak in that Vasquez had a younger sister I will be over the moon.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 25, 2022, 05:03:22 AM
If the book manages to sneak in that Vasquez had a younger sister I will be over the moon.

Didn't you read the article on EW?

Prez

I also think the sibling or relation stumbling across Aliens has been a bit overkill that said I did like the angle they took in Sea of Sorrows and how the Xenos could recognise the bloodline of Ripley - also didn't mind that empath connection Decker had to the hive. Not for everyone but I dug it.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I admit I'm very tickled by the widely varying reactions I've seen to this. Twitter is really happy, a lot of happy responses on Facebook, with some blatant responses of people who didn't read the synopsis too, but seeing plenty of responses like you folk - and my first reaction was also that Ryan Reynolds gif from Two Guys and A Girl.

The franchise still has some goodwill from how wrong I was about Amanda Ripley, so I'm remembering to give this one a shot. But yeah, I hope this doesn't become a trend. I don't want to see legacy characters revisited - we're not Star Wars. It wont fly for that long. The recent attempts haven't been that great. The Hicks short from Bug Hunt was easily the worse in the book. Aftermath wasn't the strongest either.

Quote from: Prez on Mar 25, 2022, 06:14:34 AM
I also think the sibling or relation stumbling across Aliens has been a bit overkill that said I did like the angle they took in Sea of Sorrows and how the Xenos could recognise the bloodline of Ripley - also didn't mind that empath connection Decker had to the hive. Not for everyone but I dug it.

I still think he should have been a descendent of Ripley 8. As much as I did actually enjoy the novel, it was a wasted opportunity.

Quote from: Gentleman Death on Mar 25, 2022, 04:23:53 AM
Quote from: Kradan on Mar 24, 2022, 10:34:52 PM
They give us all this crap but they won't give us Morse's Star Beast . Outrageous  >:(

Now this would be something I'd be interested in 😎

Yeah, of all the characters in the series I'd actually like to see revisited - Morse is the easily the one I want the most.

I loved those little comic books they did. They really did lift my spirit.

Kradan

They're desperately trying to turn this into Star Wars-esque universe where every f**king character has an elaborate backstory

Corporal Hicks

Aside from the CG Aliens, the cover artwork looks cool too! There's just a distinct difference in looks there that I'm not keen on.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 25, 2022, 03:10:09 AM

Teaming up with Spike's brother to avenge him!

Quote from: CaptainViggo on Mar 24, 2022, 05:19:19 PM
Yet another female character revealed to be a mother out of nowhere.

Yeah this also makes it feel kinda icky.

Kradan

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 25, 2022, 08:26:51 AM
Aside from the CG Aliens, the cover artwork looks cool too! There's just a distinct difference in looks there that I'm not keen on.

We should really start a campaign for our good pal Sal to make Titan books covers, eh ?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed