I just got this game...

Started by frostedone, Dec 26, 2010, 02:58:01 AM

Author
I just got this game... (Read 2,304 times)

frostedone

frostedone

...and it is really good. The story is interesting and original, good voice acting, and this Predator is agile and durable like one should be. Plus he has a crapload of weapons including my favorite so far, the glave.

The weapon selection is very nice too. This predator plays like a ninja. I got this game used at Gamestop and am on the Night to Remember chapter.

Some of the parts are cheesy so far like humans wearing ghost suits, but I like that the Predator has some prey that can provide a decent challenge like those cyborgs instead of regular army guys. I don't really like that humanity reverse engineered some of the predator's tech and now has flying cars, mechas, and plasma weapons though.

The camera can be weird sometimes though too.

I also like that it involves Weyland and Yutani, Mother, and a bunch of shout outs to the two series, A third person Predator game feels right too since you have more freedom of movement than a FPS game. Doing flips and jumping 20 feet in the air, and kicking someone across a room is fun.

I would give it a solid B+ so far. It really reminds me of Devil May Cry.

Stalker

Stalker

It was decent, but it had a lot more potential, even for a last-gen console game.

The storyline was absurd & the settings for the levels were too cartoonish. Enemy AI was ridiculously poor, & most foes could take an unrealistic amount of damage.

On the plus side, at least you had a good variety of weapons & you could change outfits to look like the predators from the movies, which was cool. My main problem was that it didn't really feel like a Predator game. It sort of felt like a random, generic sci-fi story with the hunter thrown in as an afterthought. They just didn't get the spirit of the movies right, unlike the AvP games.

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

i liked the game a lot however the one thing that really pissed me off was the levels with the aliens. Its suppose to be a predator game not a AvP game.

Next time i think they should just leave the damn aliens out of it.

Fleshtrap666

Fleshtrap666

Loved the game, great variety in kills, weapons and moves. But other then the predator himself...the graphics sucked...even for last gen. I mean I understand why...alot of people don't remember but it was originally supposed to be an Open world sandbox game. Of course, that idea was canned more then halfway through the games production and it shows. The controls could of used some serious polish but after a half hour or so they didn't bother me at all.

The game as it is, with an open world to hunt, a better story, a few missions with more unlocks and it would of been amazing.

AcidGlow

AcidGlow

Quote from: The Ghoul on Dec 26, 2010, 08:22:38 AM
i liked the game a lot however the one thing that really pissed me off was the levels with the aliens. Its suppose to be a predator game not a AvP game.

How many missions were vs  humans again and how many were vs aliens again?

ya...  ::)  :P

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

Quote from: AcidGlow on Mar 06, 2011, 10:40:25 AM
Quote from: The Ghoul on Dec 26, 2010, 08:22:38 AM

How many missions were vs  humans again and how many were vs aliens again?

ya...  ::)  :P

Two missions is way beyond the limit man!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I've gotta say I feel the same. Wasn't happy.

ScottishXeno

ScottishXeno

I never bought this game, though I did play it once at a friend's house.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed