Titan Books Unveils Novels Aliens: Vasquez By Author V. Castro

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 24, 2022, 04:22:54 PM

Author
Titan Books Unveils Novels Aliens: Vasquez By Author V. Castro (Read 36,447 times)

Corporal Hicks

Entertainment Weekly has just announced that Titan Books will be exploring the past of Aliens’ Private Vasquez in an upcoming novel from author V. Castro that will not only explore Vasquez’s history, but the family she left behind.

Aliens: Vasquez is set to explore the canonical background of Vasquez, as well as the story of the children she was forced to leave behind. Even before the doomed mission to Hadley’s Hope on LV-426, Jenette Vasquez had to fight to survive. Born to an immigrant family with a long military tradition, she looked up to the stars, but life pulled her back down to Earth — first into a street gang, then prison. The Colonial Marines proved to be Vasquez’s way out — a way that forced her to give up her twin children.

Raised by Jenette’s sister, those children, Leticia and Ramon, had to discover their own ways to survive. Leticia by following her mother’s path into the military, Ramon by entering the corporate hierarchy of Weyland-Yutani. Their paths converge on an unnamed planet which some see as a potential utopia, while others would use it for highly secretive research. Whatever humans have planned for it, however, Xenomorphs will turn it into a living hell.

Titan Books Unveils Novels Aliens: Vasquez By Author V. Castro

Vasquez’s heritage and family has been explored several times within the expanded universe, most recently with Marvel’s Aliens: Aftermath featuring her nephew who was in search of answers regarding his aunt’s disappearance. In the 1990s Dark Horse’s Aliens: Colonial Marines featured Vasquez’s younger sister, Carmen, as a primary character.

While this will be V. Castro’s first foray into the Alien series, she is an established horror writer whose most recent work is Goddess of Filth and The Queen of the Cicadas. Aliens: Vasquez is currently scheduled to release later this year on the 25th of October.

Make sure you stick with Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest Alien and Predator comic and novel news! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!

Nightmare Asylum

Please no more "family members of established characters stumble upon Aliens" stories, I beg you.

Kradan

Well, at least cover is nice

BlueMarsalis79

I dig the cover but please, I do not want this conceptually, Isolation ought to have been the beginning and ending of this sort of thing.

CaptainViggo

Yet another female character revealed to be a mother out of nowhere.

It kinda worked with Ripley, considering the time period of the second movie (and the fact that it gave us the excellent Alien Isolation) but here it seems too much (and a too convenient way to tell a story indirectly about a movie character).

So, now, how about the rest of the cast? How many male marines are supposed to be fathers before the events of Aliens?

Bughuntwilson

So half of it going being vasquez backstory and the other half is her children sounds likr aliens aftermath and conial marines all over again

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Holy shit another novel coming out this year?! That'll be 6 books released this year! I for one am hyped but with this synopsis: cue the whinging for further exploring a character from the films  :laugh:

Mr. Clemens

I'm holding out for the book about 'Chip' Wierzbowski, the intrepid Golden Retriever who sets out across the galaxy to learn just what the hell happened to his master...

Bughuntwilson

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Mar 24, 2022, 06:55:45 PM
I'm holding out for the book about 'Chip' Wierzbowski, the intrepid Golden Retriever who sets out across the galaxy to learn just what the hell happened to his master...
Yes this is whay we need right here

Local Trouble

Is Drake their father?

razeak

Going to the well on this one. That being said, I hope we get some good backstory on Vasquez. I'm definitely interested in the parental aspect of it. Vasquez as a mom kicking in people's teeth on the streets and protecting her children sounds like fun.

Kradan

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 24, 2022, 07:13:09 PM
Is Drake their father?

Vasquez just mistaken him for a man once

[cancerblack]

I want to know what that rabbit girl thinks about this.

Kradan

Something tells me me she's not coming back. A shame

[cancerblack]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed