Dan Trachtenberg Talks Amber Midthunder's Casting, French Fur Trappers and No Plasma Casters

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 12, 2022, 11:38:18 AM

Author
Dan Trachtenberg Talks Amber Midthunder's Casting, French Fur Trappers and No Plasma Casters (Read 13,277 times)

Highland

Well there can be a few things that we don't know yet. For one throwing a Spear means you've got to get it back.....not like the plasma caster.

Maybe the bolt is meant to mame and not kill, Maybe there's a limit on the bolts....

Maybe he just didn't want lasers in a movie set in 1700  :laugh:

Master

Except the laser was present in very first teaser.

Highland

Quote from: Master on Jun 14, 2022, 08:18:59 AMExcept the laser was present in very first teaser.

You mean the targeting laser? I think that's a bit different. He's still got gadgets.

I mean, the movie that has a Predator blowing away Natives with a plasma caster sounds fakin boring anyway  :laugh:

Master

Inverse Effect

So it's only on Hulu? not coming to theaters?

Darkness

And Disney+ overseas. No theatrical release as of yet but it might get a very limited cinema release.

SiL

Quote from: Highland on Jun 14, 2022, 01:19:50 PMI mean, the movie that has a Predator blowing away Natives with a plasma caster sounds fakin boring anyway  :laugh:
How is it any different to watching a predator blow away anyone else with a plasma caster?

It's not like they just spam the weapon. They always like to use multiple items.

[cancerblack]

I want the energy flechette.

Spoiler
Pew pew pew
[close]

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Highland on Jun 14, 2022, 01:19:50 PM
Quote from: Master on Jun 14, 2022, 08:18:59 AMExcept the laser was present in very first teaser.

You mean the targeting laser? I think that's a bit different. He's still got gadgets.

I mean, the movie that has a Predator blowing away Natives with a plasma caster sounds fakin boring anyway  :laugh:

In P2 City Hunter could've used his plasma caster way more. But he choose to get more up close and personal probably for thrills and fun.

If he had overused his caster, wouldn't it have been way more easier for him ? To the point where armed cops and druglors would have posed almost a non-existant challenge for him. I think it's pretty much the same with Comanches.

Highland

Quote from: SiL on Jun 14, 2022, 07:22:43 PM
Quote from: Highland on Jun 14, 2022, 01:19:50 PMI mean, the movie that has a Predator blowing away Natives with a plasma caster sounds fakin boring anyway  :laugh:
How is it any different to watching a predator blow away anyone else with a plasma caster?

It's not like they just spam the weapon. They always like to use multiple items.

Don't quote me on it, but ( in the normal movies anyway) the predator uses the Plasma Caster on people who also have a projectile based weapon.

The only situation I can think he didn't is when Dutch set his blood boiling with a grenade.

SiL

Inverse Effect

Quote from: Darkness on Jun 14, 2022, 05:14:01 PMAnd Disney+ overseas. No theatrical release as of yet but it might get a very limited cinema release.

Guess i'm waiting for Blu-ray then to watch it.

Highland

SiL

Quote from: Highland on Jun 15, 2022, 04:32:09 AM
Quote from: SiL on Jun 15, 2022, 04:22:41 AMWasn't Nolan unarmed?

Not sure, didn't count that movie  :-X
Then there are exactly three unarmed combatants in the first two movies and one gets shot at a lot.

And for what it's worth Mac isn't holding his gun when he gets shot.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: SiL on Jun 15, 2022, 04:35:41 AM
Quote from: Highland on Jun 15, 2022, 04:32:09 AM
Quote from: SiL on Jun 15, 2022, 04:22:41 AMWasn't Nolan unarmed?

Not sure, didn't count that movie  :-X
Then there are exactly three unarmed combatants in the first two movies and one gets shot at a lot.

And for what it's worth Mac isn't holding his gun when he gets shot.

Which three? Macs got a gun, Poncho's got a gun that Anna picks up. Who's the other one? 

Trump card - Nolan gets shot by a bad blood ! :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed