Eaglemoss Alien & Predator

Started by alienscollection.com, Sep 21, 2016, 08:51:05 PM

Author
Eaglemoss Alien & Predator (Read 53,816 times)

Vark_

Vark_

I've got to say that this Johner is pretty well done, great likeness of Ron P.
It's a shame that Hudson and Dallas look horrible, I still don't know how quality may vary from this end to another...

Denton Smalls

Denton Smalls

Quote from: Vark_ on Mar 14, 2017, 10:34:33 PM
I've got to say that this Johner is pretty well done, great likeness of Ron P.
It's a shame that Hudson and Dallas look horrible, I still don't know how quality may vary from this end to another...

Yes I was underwhelmed by Hudson, Dallas and Hicks. The monsters all look good but so far Johner is my favorite human sculpt.

It's interesting that they even did a Johner sculpt because while him and Christie are my favorites right behind Hicks and Hudson, there's a lot of other prominent characters from the earlier films and Resurrection never had a lot of merchandise.

I'm definitely not complaining though, I can't wait till they arrive.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Do you guys have links to where you can buy the individual figures?

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 16, 2017, 12:57:22 AM
Do you guys have links to where you can buy the individual figures?

Big Bad Toy Store is cheaper, but the official Eaglemoss Store has them.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.aspx?menu=180&company=623

https://shop.eaglemoss.com/usa/

Also, they announced a couple future collectibles for Alien Day:

Vark_

Vark_

Seen some close-ups of the first production statues... I feel really disappointed.
http://news.toyark.com/2017/02/28/eaglemoss-aliens-predator-statues-toyark-photo-shoot-244961

Texture is far from being smooth : many noticeable parallel lines, as if they were 3D-printed (and I guess they are, at least the master molds). Let's not talk about the paint, which is, pardon my french, no less than a mess.
Indeed they're affordable but not that cheap either, and overall IMO they don't stand a chance against NECA quality / price ratio.
I was thinking to take a chance on a couple of them, but after what I saw I'm having second thoughts. And that's too bad, I liked the Big Chap pose so much...  :-\

windebieste

windebieste

The alignment for the paint on the 'DALLAS' name plate is appalling.

That's like bad 4 color registration on old Gold Key comics.  lol.

-Windebieste.

ClockworkHorror

ClockworkHorror

$30 a piece doesn't seem that cheap for sculpts/paint jobs like that. I could see these as half that price, maybe.

Vark_

Vark_

My thoughts exactly, especially when compared to NECA series. And let's not forget that we Europeans or Down Unders should pay almost twice that much ! That's why I'll give up, they're just not worth it.
But again, that's sad because I liked some of those... Perhaps someday on the bargain market...

windebieste

windebieste

On secondary market, these things can go either way.  Some of them drop in price, others escalate wildly.  I count myself lucky at buying a pair of loose NECA Predalien and Wolf figures for $40, postage included.  In Australia.

-Windebieste.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Got my Mega Xenomorph yesterday, looks great I think.

pmaz11

pmaz11

I think that classic Xenomorph is the best out of this Eaglemoss brand. I was hoping the Berserker Predator had better quality, but after seeing more pics it's not so great.

I am hoping that this Engineer figure turns out looking better when it's released later this year. I didn't mind the NECA engineer figure (with no helmet/spacesuit), but I prefer the look so far on this figure below. We shall see...

Denton Smalls

Denton Smalls

They just released a Noland figure (from Predators) for preorder as well. Looks solid. Unfortunately I don't know how to paste pictures in the body of messages but it's up on Big Bad Toy Store.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: Denton Smalls on Jun 02, 2017, 12:20:27 PM
They just released a Noland figure (from Predators) for preorder as well. Looks solid. Unfortunately I don't know how to paste pictures in the body of messages but it's up on Big Bad Toy Store.

You can post images by clicking the little insert image icon above your text body (looks like a painting) and pasting the image URL between the text brackets.

Denton Smalls

Denton Smalls

Quote from: RidgeTop on Jun 08, 2017, 07:18:56 AM
Quote from: Denton Smalls on Jun 02, 2017, 12:20:27 PM

http://www.3000toys.com/images/EAGLEMOSS/AP17.jpg

You can post images by clicking the little insert image icon above your text body (looks like a painting) and pasting the image URL between the text brackets.

Thanks man! I have to try out imgur.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

BBTS has the pre-order up for the first of the Eaglemoss Alien ships, The Nostromo.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/59437

Brett, Parker, and Lambert have just been revealed as well.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed