The Next Chapter - New Alien: Covenant Featurette

Started by puscyfer, Apr 12, 2017, 06:16:23 AM

Author
The Next Chapter - New Alien: Covenant Featurette (Read 43,299 times)

Necronomicon II

^ This guy right here. :-*

Bad Replicant

Just wait until the movie comes out, and the ship's engine sounds are done by Yaphet Kotto and Harry Dean Stanton. Then things really get weird.

Beardomorph

Beardomorph

Quote from: Bad Replicant on Apr 14, 2017, 11:31:36 AM
Just wait until the movie comes out, and the ship's engine sounds are done by Yaphet Kotto and Harry Dean Stanton. Then things really get weird.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Well done.

NickisSmart

Quote from: Bad Replicant on Apr 14, 2017, 11:31:36 AM

That actually sounds kind of awesome. XD

Pvt. Himmel

What's odd is this hasn't been officially released by the studio all these sites are saying it came from here, i mean they must know this leaked out by now so why the radio silence??

Maybe this wasn't supposed to come out yet. Maybe this was supposed to be a Blu exclusive featurette??

pstaceypete

pstaceypete

The 'Weaver' thing is a little bit like in Goldeneye in 1995.  Bond's Hawaiian shirt wearing mate is the same actor, Joe Don Baker who played a full blown Bond villain in 'The Living Daylights' a few years earlier.

Crikey, imagine the tongue lash they'd get if the Internet was around then - a villain recast as an ally!

I imagine the reaction was the same then as it should be now - no-one is fussed.

GrimmVision

GrimmVision

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Apr 14, 2017, 01:33:09 PM
What's odd is this hasn't been officially released by the studio all these sites are saying it came from here, i mean they must know this leaked out by now so why the radio silence??

Maybe this wasn't supposed to come out yet. Maybe this was supposed to be a Blu exclusive featurette??

I don't think Blu-Ray exclusive. Prometheus had featurettes like this one released several months before the film was in theaters.

This Youtube channel started uploading them in December 2011: https://www.youtube.com/user/PrometheusNews

SuicideDoors

Quote from: SM on Apr 13, 2017, 10:24:15 PM
QuoteIt's relatively trivial, but is no less concerning. We know he said on set something like, "They wanted Aliens? I'll give them f**king Aliens..." It came across as spiteful, rather than doing it because he has a passion for them.

What was the context?

We don't know because it was a quote from a set report. I personally didn't perceive it as spiteful whatsoever but rather playful injected with a bit of his Geordie humour.

He's had a change of heart with the Alien over the last two years though, that's extremely evident in a lot of the stuff he's been saying (especially recently).

BishopShouldGo

It's understandable how one can perceive it that way, he said all the time that the beast was cooked.

SuicideDoors

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Apr 14, 2017, 07:55:29 PM
It's understandable how one can perceive it that way, he said all the time that the beast was cooked.

Not saying it's not. But he's quite clearly changed his mind. I perceive it as back stage banter.

cliffhanger

Quote from: Beardomorph on Apr 14, 2017, 11:18:37 AM
Quote from: cliffhanger on Apr 14, 2017, 10:38:19 AM
Quote from: SM on Apr 14, 2017, 09:43:22 AM
Quotedid you read the entire sentance? IF ripley=weaver voiced MUTHER, then she talks to her own voice in alien. After all, MUTHUR in Covenant, MUTHUR in  ALIEN. David communicates with MUTHER (Ripley's Voice), Ripley communicates with MUTHUR. thus, if MUTHUR = ripley, she's essentially talking to her own voice in ALIEN.

what i'm saying is it is stupid that weaver voices muthur.

I read the entire sentence and your clarification just indicates it had little merit in the first place.
The two MUTHUR models are 20 years apart.  So what if they have a different voice?

The Ripley of Alien has aged 38 years and is acting anyway and doesn't sound the same.  GPSs have different voices and I can't imagine SIRI will sound the same in 20 years time.  What a non-issue.

it's a non-issue to you, but it isn't to me.

Let's compare it to the Terminator universe.

Imagine James Cameron will make a prequel to all the Terminator films that we have. Let's take that 20 years 'in between' negates everything nonsense and say, the movie takes place 20 years before the original, so it's in the 60's. Let's say there is a narrator or a radiostation on, and the person narrating/doing a talkshow IS Arnold Schwarzenegger and you can CLEARLY hear his accent and hear it's Arnold; the effin terminator.
it makes ZERO sense to put him in that role, it only confuses and downgrades.

Would you call it a non-issue? 90% of the population wouldn't call it a non-issue. you could defend it all you want "more people have an austrain accent, i don't see the issue" but that's really total bs,

It's the same with weaver voicing the computer. it's just odd and feels weird. But hey, if it's not an issue for you, good for you.

Several things. First of all, regarding your Terminator comparison, no it wouldn't bother me, depending on how it's done. For example if they have MUTHUR say "get away from her you Bitch" with Weaver's voice in Covenant, yes, that would be completely ridiculous because it will go from a nice nod  to obviously referencing Ripley and things that have not yet happened within the Alien universe, which would then be really problematic.

As for your original "equations", two things : Ripley ≠ Weaver, and MUTHUR Covenant ≠ MUTHUR Nostromo. So the rest of your logic makes no sense.

Weaver's voice at 67 isn't Weaver's voice at 30, and Ripley died way before she could hope to reach her late 60s ( Rest in Peace  ;D), so this could not possibly be Ripley's voice. It sounds like a similar voice and if it's Weaver then it will serve as pure fan service, and an homage to her contribution to the series, which I think is really cool. Some people here say it doesn't sound like Weaver, so it's unlikely to turn into a confusing aspect for audiences.

And MUTHUR Covenant's voice doesn't retroactively change MUTHUR's voice in Alien, I don't even see where that idea of yours comes from  ???
SIRI has a lot of different voices already and it's not been around for twenty years, so to think the voice would be the same because the operating system has the same name is not a legit leap.

good points.

Personally, i read MUTHUR being simply MUTHUR the same overall, but i failed to take in to the equasion as mentioned above too that there are different  MUTHUR versions.

prometheusfire08

prometheusfire08

Sigourneyweaver does not exist in the Alien universe .......

it won't be Ripley voice ......

you might aswell be arguing that baby stuff and Peter Griffin can't exist in the same cartoon.....

like , really ?

SM

Quotebut it's just utterly 'confusing' in my opinion.

What bit is confusing?

motherfather

motherfather

It sounds like a re-modulated Weaver voice to me. And I'm fine with that - it's kind of what I predicted a Weaver involvement would look like anyway.

From Weaver's perspective (nearing 70 years old) its cash in the bank and an easy gig. As a fan, I'm rapt if its her.

SpeedyMaxx

It could definitely be re-modulated. That might account for me not thinking it's her.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed