Walter Hill's Alien V (vs) Neil Blomkamp's Alien V

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Jun 18, 2020, 05:48:08 AM

Which script treatment are you most excited about?

Walter Hill's Alien V
Neil Blomkamp's Alien V
I'm excited for both.
Author
Walter Hill's Alien V (vs) Neil Blomkamp's Alien V (Read 16,939 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I'm still curious about Blomkamp's Alien V, but admittedly I'm excited for more news about Walter Hill's script treatment. But what about you?

Which script treatment are you most excited about?

Nightmare Asylum

Ridley's third prequel. ;)

But of the "Alien 5" options, I'm going to say Walter Hill's, despite knowing essentially nothing about it.

j0nesy

i doubt we'll ever learn too much more about blomkamp's failed project, and i'm not overly bummed about that. it'd be neat to see where hill and giler wanted to take it, hopefully more beans will be spilled over the next weeks/months!

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 18, 2020, 06:21:49 AM
Ridley's third prequel. ;)

The same here.  8)

Quote from: j0nesy on Jun 18, 2020, 06:23:09 AM
i doubt we'll ever learn too much more about blomkamp's failed project,

Don't tell me that. it hurt  :'(

Edit: I'm excited for both.

:laugh: Actually in a way, I want everything, including Scott's prequel.

Rankles75

I'm greedy, I want to see both! :)

The more alternatives to what we got, the better...

Janek

Much more excited for Walter Hills version because I dont have much faith in Blomkamp these days. What are the chances though that a studio is going to green lit a relatively big budget for a ALIEN film? Covenant did not do that great in the box office.

Nukiemorph

Equally unenthused for both.

Let Ripley rest.

Let Ridley finish.

nicky

Hill's version. He's a much more seasoned filmmaker with some great films under his belt.

Blomkamp's films are pretty meh and he's essentially a Cameron-wannabe just like PWSA and Neil Marshall and all those other fanboy directors.

son_of_kane

Definitely Hill's. He was there from the very beginning, he helped to birth the franchise. And I just feel he "gets" this property like almost nobody else in Hollywood does. Even if his Alien V never gets made, I'd love to read his treatment someday.

Evanus

If I had to choose, Hill. But yeah.. I just want the third prequel.

Kane's other son

I'm more interested to see what David has been up to in his world and what will happen when the Engineers arrive.

426Buddy

Would rather Ridley finish the prequels but I'm more interested in Gilers treatment than Blomkamps script.

Quote from: son_of_kane on Jun 18, 2020, 08:32:55 PM
And I just feel he "gets" this property like almost nobody else in Hollywood does.

:laugh:

Immortan Jonesy

I wonder if it is true that Sigourney Weaver was more excited about Blomkamp 'script. And if so, why  ???

Nightmare Asylum

Based on her comments regarding the Hill/Giler treatment, it sounds to me almost like, with the Blomkamp one crashing and burning, she just doesn't have the strong desire to return to this character in general now, regardless of the creative force behind it.

Perhaps, with her so neck-deep in Avatar sequels at the moment and Jimbo briefly entertaining the idea of producing Blomkamp's outing, there might be a bit of Cameron loyalty in there too; but that is honestly just baseless speculation on my part.

Immortan Jonesy

Makes sense. That being said, I didn't even know that Jimbo was somewhat interested. :o

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed