What was the viewership for "Prey" on Hulu?

Started by Cougerboy, Aug 09, 2022, 09:21:14 AM

Author
What was the viewership for "Prey" on Hulu? (Read 18,278 times)

DaddyYautja

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 14, 2022, 01:54:06 AMJust like... every single Alien film.

Alien films aren't about almost all the male cast being sexist all the time while ripley continuously screams about being ignored.

Those films have proper writing and do characters right.  Even AVP did it way better.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

You have to be joking lmao

AVP's trash.

If everyone listened to Ripley and did not let Kane onboard most of the crew of the Nostromo might have actually lived, but she's not listened to and ultimately undermined, same goes for Aliens and Alien³ roughly speaking for their first half until authority's turned over to her.

Sure Naru's receives a snipe about her gender from one particular character the once, but the rest's not got much to do with that facet of her person, proving she can hunt to survive has not a lot to do with her gender ultimately, just that people think she's good at other things like medicine and tracking and should give up on this but she's proving them incorrect.

oduodu

ok so thats also something that appeals to the fans. a female lead.

just  a remark. in predator dutch was never really in control. the predator was picking them off one by one. toying with them. same in p2.

feral however just never seems completely  to be in control in the same way.

but the movie s appeal might be in a very simple story well told about a simple people encountering something totally unknown to them. it is just a very beautifully made movie.

but p1 and p2 was about a creature and his race who never needed anything from us and was here to hunt for sport. trophy hunting. but this feels like he just kills because he can. 

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 14, 2022, 02:26:44 AMIf everyone listened to Ripley and did not let Kane onboard most of the crew of the Nostromo might have actually lived, but she's not listened to and ultimately undermined, same goes for Aliens and Alien³ roughly speaking for their first half until authority's turned over to her.

To play devil's advocate, was she not listened to because she was a woman ? Dallas and Lambert were concerned for Kane and wanted to get him on board ASAP. Company's board meeting thought she was insane and hold a grudge against her blowing that pricey ship. Andrews was irritated with her since the beginning because he had to deal with prisoners getting bonners from the sight of her

SiL

Alien 3 is the only time Ripley is told what she  can and can't do based on her sex, and it's because she's surrounded by literal rapists, not "girls can't do X".

She's never ignored or minimised because she's a woman; she's ignored or minimised  because she's an officious hardarse, too by the book, or deemed crazy. But never "lol women amirite?"

BigDaddyJohn

I didn't get much of the "girl power" vibe from Prey honestly.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Aug 14, 2022, 09:51:39 AMI didn't get much of the "girl power" vibe from Prey honestly.

Because it doesn't exist in the movie. Not once in the movie is Naru told "no, woman can't do that." Not once is she told her place is here or there because of her gender. The "because you think I can't" is reasonably ambiguous enough, but the only time the movie really gets specific is when her mother tells Naru her medical skills are more important.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 14, 2022, 10:01:26 AM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Aug 14, 2022, 09:51:39 AMI didn't get much of the "girl power" vibe from Prey honestly.

Because it doesn't exist in the movie. Not once in the movie is Naru told "no, woman can't do that." Not once is she told her place is here or there because of her gender. The "because you think I can't" is reasonably ambiguous enough, but the only time the movie really gets specific is when her mother tells Naru her medical skills are more important.

Exactly. I truly don't see what the fuss is all about. Wasape (the bully) was the only one being a dick about it.

DaddyYautja

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 14, 2022, 10:01:26 AM

Not once yet you provide one example,sooo.... one.

When she catches up to the search party one dude says that they don't need a cook. When they get to the den she says they should lay a trap and the other guy there says if you doesn't want to hunt she should head back to the camp where she belongs.

Then there's her weird response to things. Raphael is trying to convince her to get info by saying the pred killed YOUR whole party and her reply is that it didn't kill her whole party. How dare you ignore her existence. I think it's clear what YOUR means yet she gives this weird reply.

And then there's that weird speech she gives the dude she cut the leg off.  Where she says the reason she got to him was because he didn't see her as a hunter. Meaning,  because she's a woman.  And she also put that on the predator. And as we all know,  the pred doesn't care who you are as long as you have a weapon and declares you a target.

Like I said,  the movie has all this sexist stuff from guys on top of her complaining about not being seen because she's a woman.

Now we are going off-topic from the thread but I had to reply because this movie is on a streaming service,  it's not hard to go back and check to see what happened.

Corporal Hicks

Very true, she was also the fish cook. But again, no-one mentioned her being a woman. Just her roles within the tribe - medicine and cooking.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 14, 2022, 08:18:05 PMVery true, she was also the fish cook. But again, no-one mentioned her being a woman. Just her roles within the tribe - medicine and cooking.

To be fair, she had those roles because... she's a woman. That cause not being made the focal point doesn't mean it's not there, just that it was handled well.

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Aug 14, 2022, 02:18:06 AMAVP did it way better.

Lmao

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

1. Yes the cook thing's that one instance of sexism we have mentioned already before, the other's no different than other people's remarks, Naru's gender's part of the existence Naru experiences but the idea it is the focal point's just incorrect.

Cooking's also not something attributed purely because of Naru's gender, as just an assumption, but something we actually see happen irrespective of that context.

Just like the medicine, or tracking, or fighting.

2. Not the whole party's refering to Taabe not Naru obviously, she's smug when saying that but then loses that in shock when she sees they have him captured.

3. It is because the leader of the fur trappers simply underestimated Naru, just like when he saw her as an animal to be prodded when in the cage, and underestimated the ferocity of a Comanche Warrior even then. I think that has honestly more to do with underestimating native peoples than gender.

Predatorium

Quote from: Stitch on Aug 11, 2022, 09:30:04 AM
Quote from: Predatorium on Aug 11, 2022, 05:56:49 AMLoved this movie! Watched on Disney plus though. Make sure you buy it on bluray when it comes out in October. Don't trust streaming services to have the movie forever. One day it might be impossible to find because of some copyright or streaming merger.
Quote from: Wweyland on Aug 11, 2022, 09:19:40 AM
Quote from: Predatorium on Aug 11, 2022, 05:56:49 AMLoved this movie! Watched on Disney plus though. Make sure you buy it on bluray when it comes out in October. Don't trust streaming services to have the movie forever. One day it might be impossible to find because of some copyright or streaming merger.
It is coming out on blu ray?
I second that question. I've not heard anything about it being released in October. Details please?

https://www.dvdsreleases.com/movie/prey-dvd-release-date/

Stitch

Quote from: Predatorium on Aug 16, 2022, 06:01:09 AM
Quote from: Stitch on Aug 11, 2022, 09:30:04 AM
Quote from: Wweyland on Aug 11, 2022, 09:19:40 AM
It is coming out on blu ray?
I second that question. I've not heard anything about it being released in October. Details please?

https://www.dvdsreleases.com/movie/prey-dvd-release-date/
Just took a quick look through that site. Totally not a solid source of information. They still have stuff up about Sherlock Holmes 3, and other things which don't exist. Sorry.

BlueMarsalis79

It will get a release though. I see no reason not to, when Legion FX also on Hulu Season 1 did.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed