What was the viewership for "Prey" on Hulu?

Started by Cougerboy, Aug 09, 2022, 09:21:14 AM

Author
What was the viewership for "Prey" on Hulu? (Read 18,655 times)

The Crawling Chaos

The Crawling Chaos

Glorious! and well deserved!

"Witness the Power of this fully resurrected Franchise!  ;D

The Shuriken

Couple this with the positive reviews and our sequel is all but assured.

Nukiemorph

Great news for Predator, Alien, and all "wOkE tRaSh" movies!

BIOROBOT

Hopefully they bring Dan back, toss whatever money he asks for at him and let him go to work on another great Predator story.

pmaz11

Awesome news!!! Very glad to see all the positive reviews on the film & even more excited for what the future holds with the Predator franchise now! 8)

SisterJill

Prey has been ALL I've seen people talking about so this isn't surprising, but damn if it isn't refreshing and satisfying to see. The Predator relevant again. All those iconic horror franchises making killer coming backs in the cultural zeitgeist and finally Predator is one of them.

Mike’s Monsters

Yeah, it's been quite fun seeing people I've not seen or spoken to in years posting about it on social media. My feeds have been a lot of Prey from people in all walks of life, which is just fantastic.

Predalien39

Don't get me wrong, its been great to see Prey get such an overwhelmingly positive response...Alien and Predator franchise has been my favorite for nearly 30 years now... But does anyone else find this reaction kind of...odd?
Its just been weird having been a fan of this underdog, somewhat niche, franchise for this long and to finally have one kind of hit this level of general audience acceptance.  People who have never even talked about Predator before, seem to be suddenly falling in love with Predator.
If this is what it takes to get more movies, great.  I still can't help but feel a little confused by it all.
The movie was good.  But honestly I can't quite figure out why so many people seem to be so taken by it. 
It not reinventing the wheel or anything. 

Mike’s Monsters

Try being a Godzilla fan your whole life, and then Godzilla 98 happens. But then it dies off again for a long time until 2014 and now everyone sees the new Godzilla films and posts about them. The same people who'd tease me when we were kids.

Embrace the new fans, it's good for the franchise.

SisterJill

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Aug 10, 2022, 03:56:05 AMTry being a Godzilla fan your whole life, and then Godzilla 98 happens. But then it dies off again for a long time until 2014 and now everyone sees the new Godzilla films and posts about them. The same people who'd tease me when we were kids.

Embrace the new fans, it's good for the franchise.

Right. I remember a time when only me and a couple of friends talked about Godzilla. Such a contrast to seeing the massive universal hype for Godzilla vs. Kong last year.

There's nothing odd about Prey's reception. It quite simply resonated with modern audiences because it's that great of a movie. A lot of people have been talking about how Prey "captures the essence of the original" but I think it's quite the polar opposite. It succeeded because it allowed itself to be free from the original. It respected it but didn't latch itself to it at all, and was able to create its own kinda essence, be special in its own way, and that's the kind of stuff that audiences will get attracted to.

Mike’s Monsters

Yep. It's got a lot of Fury Road energy.

D88M

D88M

I am glad and i am everyone involved in the movie is happy about this, they deserve it. This should have been released on theaters.

Oh and this was better than pretty much 99% of the garbage hollywood puts out in the last years, another reason to see it on the big screen.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm really glad to see this doing so well! I had really feared The Predator had killed the franchise, and to see Prey doing so well with the critics and the audience in general, and making waves for the studio stats is music to my ears.

Cougerboy

Cougerboy

This excellent premiere for "Prey" shows that there is still healthy audience demand for Predator films, provided it is made well. Hopefully it will convince Disney to greenlight a sequel ASAP. Now the question, is there sufficient audience demand for the next Predator sequel to be released in theaters? Or will Hulu be the sole place for new Predator films?

Wweyland

A sequel should be given then. I just hope from the same director and would be happy with both continuing from Prey or going totally elsewhere (Samurai, Vikings, WW1, etc.)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed