AvP Officially Gains PG13?

Started by Darkness, Jul 23, 2004, 02:21:27 PM

Author
AvP Officially Gains PG13? (Read 21,936 times)

Predgirl

Predgirl

People its not offical yet its not offical its not offical.  How many times do I have to say it if Fox wanted to tell us its been rated then why its not on the main site right now.  Think about if it was rated then they would put it on the site already.  I checked the MPAA site and nothing was up yet for AVP so there is still hope here.  If you don't believe me check for yourself at MPAA site.  If anyone notice that the tv spot doesn't come on until at night or its just me.  So far I havn't catched it during the day has anyone else.  I'm just wondering oh and it still says NOT YET RATED!

sexualpredator

sexualpredator

pg13 is too gay for predator. better b R!!!

tribalcore

tribalcore

sad news in history...its official...i saw the commercial for it on tv.... its rated pg 13

tribalcore

tribalcore

i still cant believe it...anderson did it again..he ruined something that should of never been f**ked with...im sorry guys but like u guys as well at least most of you i have been waiting for this a very long time and to found out its pg 13 cant believe it. like i said on my post before...i saw the commercial and it said striclty pg-13  im so hurt. i know i sound like a pussy but its just notgonna be the same. he did it he ruined . both franchsies just my be over. MOTHER F*CKER!!!!!!! ERRRRRRRRRRRRR   *punches hole in wall*

SENTINEL

SENTINEL

JOSE............BOY PLEASE DONT SAY THAT AGAIN ,LEAVE THIS SITE AS FAST AS POSSIBLE, IM PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW AND REALLY REALLY REALLY DONT NEED TO HEAR BULLSH--T FROM A SO CALLED AVP FAN,DONT BE STUPID, WE REAL AVP FANS DONT NOT NEED TO HEAR THAT RIGHT NOW MAYBE LATER WATCH YOUR POKEMON SHOW, OR GO TO A POKEMON FORUM,TALK ABOUT THE NEW MOVIE COMING OUT PLEASE, JUST SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH   >:D  

Regicidal_Maniac

Regicidal_Maniac

In response to the kid who's rediculously spurious reasons for demanding gore in the film in order to make it more real for him are laughable at best.  He said that it's easier to attain an R rating today than ever before but this is plainly a falsehood. If anything it's harder than ever as a study of MPAA rulings has recently concluded.  
QuotePG-13 Today Was an R Yesterday, Says Study   The MPAA ratings board over the past decade has relaxed its standards in judging films for violence and sex, according to a study by the Harvard School of Public Health. The study, released on Tuesday, described a "ratings creep" in which current films that are rated PG or PG-13 are being released with more sexual or violent content than films with the same ratings ten years ago. "The MPAA appears to tolerate increasingly more extreme content in any given age-based rating category over time," the study said. It went on to call for an overhaul of the ratings system and suggested that whatever system emerges, it apply to all forms of entertainment, including music, home video, and games. However, MPAA spokesman Rich Taylor told today's (Wednesday) New York Times: "A single body can't rate everything that comes through the pipeline. ... It's logistically unfeasible. With the volume of hours of TV and cable and film and games and music, it becomes a mathematical impossibility."
He then said that Jaws released as PG in 1977 film would be slapped with an R rating if released today but he and others clearly don't get it.  Had PG13 existed at the time the film would almost certainly have receieved that rating but in the 27 years since then standards have relaxed and what was then considered R is now PG13 and so on as you slide down the scale.  Jaws has been recently rereleased on DVD and it still holds its PG rating intact with no cuts.  Spielberg pressured the MPAA to create the PG13 rating over 20 years ago in order than there be a middle ground for films between kidfare and adults only.  In 1987 Predator was released as an R rated film BUT this is not due to gore or any horror effect it is related to the "high level of frequent very course language" as fact that can be proven by doing a side by side comparison of the film Predator with Jurassic Park III which has the same level of blood and gore yet almost no swearing and is itself a PG13 rated film.  They were shooting for this PG13 rating from the get go as they always do with tentpole films annd there will be very little if any deleted goreshots littering the cutting room floor.  So gore-hounds relax the film will have a PG13 level of gore under today's relaxed standards which will be the equivalent of an R rating level of gore from 20 years ago it just won't have HBO-mouth with every second character making Pussy jokes or calling the creatures c**ts and motherf**kers.  But if you still want that experience you could watch the film as is and get a friend to yell obscenities at you from the row behind.

SENTINEL

SENTINEL

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHH JOSE,IM REALLY PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW AND IM REALLY NOT IN THE MOOD TO LISTEN TO BULLSH--T,JUST GO TO THE POKEMON FORUM AND TALK ABOUT THEir NEW MOVIE PLEASE,OOOHHHH GOD JUST COME BACK LATER AND MAYBE ILL PUT UP WITH THE BULLSH--T, JUST BE QUIET PLEASE,FOR YOUR OWN GOOD SON,GO HOME WATCH POKEMON YOULL FEEL MUCH BETTER,JUST SHUT THE FU--K UP!   8)  

Galmorzu

Galmorzu

Regicidal:  Thank you for that post.  That was one of the most coherent and thought-out ones that I've read in a while.  Thanks for the info (which is basically what I've been feeling all along).

Regicidal_Maniac

Regicidal_Maniac

Jose has the right attitude and the rest of you whingers are obviously just children who should be rejoicing at the relaxed rating standards that mean you can actually go to the film legally.  Seriously, all this screaming that a lowered rating is a bad sign for a film whose story and content are still exactly the same is sickeningly stupid.

Bringer of Death

Bringer of Death

Predator being compared to Jurassic 3 in the gore levels, they deffiatly had different amounts of gore, did jurassic park have fully skinned full lenght body shots of people hung upside down ?, or piles of gutted intestines and other major organs ?, did jp3 have dinos tearing the spinal colums of humans out for tropheys?. I dont even remember any gore in jp3 for facks sake.Man i know this is going to be lame

Galmorzu

Galmorzu

Sentinel:  Who the heck are you ranting at?

Regicidal_Maniac

Regicidal_Maniac

Thank you Galmorzu it's refreshing to know that there are people who actually read this far down the page.  I hope you enjoy the film as much as I know I will.

El Demonio Cazador

El Demonio Cazador

Maniac you're losing the point.... it's not the gory nonsense or cursing language.... its the creature's nature to be Savage Mofo's.... the gruesome moments on the previous movies are shocking and not for kids.... I mena even the videogame is for Mature players!!  Besides if you read the novel you'll realiza that it's a light version of the monsters...  oh well...I've said enough....

Regicidal_Maniac

Regicidal_Maniac

Hey Bringer Of Death you obviously don't remember JP3 at all as it DOES have a hanging body in an advance state of decomp and there is just the same level of blood and death, chomping and dismembering in JP2 as there is in Predator.  I watched it this morning to test out my sound system, and because I enjoy the movie.  The difference is in the language.

Galmorzu

Galmorzu

lol, I hear that.  I was hoping that somewhere in all this I could find someone talking rather reasonably.  Do you have an AIM or anything?  My thing is that I have a bad feeling critics are going to pan this movie, but while it might not be a "good" movie, it can still be a really fun movie that I will enjoy seeing a few times.  From what I read in the book it really seems this way, and I have to admit, the aliens seem to be the best represented since the first two movies.  They don't feel hokey at all.  I'm really looking forward to it.    8)  

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed