The Predator Filming Additional Scenes in March

Started by ThePredatorUK, Feb 02, 2018, 09:03:31 PM

Author
The Predator Filming Additional Scenes in March (Read 89,502 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Stealth_Hunter on Apr 24, 2018, 09:20:43 PM
I doubt anyone will walk away thinking the film had purpose in spreading environmental awareness, we'll be too busy high-fiving over the spine rips. Well, I will at least.

Exactly. It's nothing that will define the film. Politics in film is just par for the course in this day and age.

KiramidHead

Climate change is only brought up as part of the world building. It's hardly "peddling an agenda".

ELDERCLANLEADER

Ahhh so now we all know why predator likes being up trees all the time .... he's a tree hugger of course ! Yay! ☮️

Huggs

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Apr 25, 2018, 03:15:49 AM
Ahhh so now we all know why predator likes being up trees all the time .... he's a tree hugger of course ! Yay! ☮️

And here I thought it was a bad case of Mysophobia.  ;)

ELDERCLANLEADER

@huggs You put a smile to this grouchy face! 😂

Original Predator

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 24, 2018, 05:49:32 PM
Quote from: Original Predator on Apr 24, 2018, 05:44:34 PM
Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Apr 24, 2018, 05:03:26 PM
Skull splitter that was my fear too , but Iv come to like the new take on the aliens reasons for being here. It's still not a road I would of gone down if I was making it however, I suppose Iv realised I can kick and scream as much as I want it's not going to xhange anything the film is coming the way it is, so I better find reasons now for liking it.

Which means the "climate change" agenda will be peddled.

Great. Politics in a Pred film.

There was politics in the first Predator movie. In a different way, but politics still.

Correct.

But if it's "politics" used as a form to generate a connection with an antagonist/hero/character(s) it's a 50/50 risk/reward.  It's a guarantee you will miff half the audience. 

The idea is to have empathy for a group of Pred's and give explanation for "why" they are here...(awe the good Pred's just want a "nice" climate to hunt in....) and it's a bad idea.  (Jungle Hunter wasn't taking photos of the landscape and sending them back to the mothership)

Yes, Predator used a current day political climate to place an elite group of Ops in a jungle, nothing more, nothing less.  No heart strings attempted to be tugged, no strings attached. 

Clearly there is a difference.

Hollywood

You think their goal is to tug at our heart strings with this film?

KiramidHead

That's not what the climate change is there for. It's just background, to explain the conflict.

Original Predator

Original Predator

Quote from: Hollywood on Apr 25, 2018, 07:16:05 PM
You think their goal is to tug at our heart strings with this film?

The movie is trying to have the audience "connect" with the "good" Preds in the film. I don't think it's going to be in an over-the-top way foo-foo way, but yes. 

Using the Pred as an ally, in-it-of-itself, with "climate" change on their planet as the driver and connecting point, is a mistake and tough sell.  Just is.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 25, 2018, 07:32:13 PM
That's not what the climate change is there for. It's just background, to explain the conflict.

There are thousands of ways to "explain" a "conflict" (you or I (and Black) could come up with a thousand better).  Black/Fox didn't pull climate change out of a hat. 

It's actually a Pretty lame reason for conflict.  So Pred planet is cooling, they like the hot climate (Predator connecting point, explains Ann'a comment). 

ELDERCLANLEADER

Yeah I agree with original predator for the most part, it's a strange one indeed, i don't understand if our planet is warmer than theirs and they are coming for the heat , why they would then don human clothes ?? Sure you can get round it, but for an action film it is all a bit over the top.

If execution prevails none of
it's a deal breaker for me. I'll just accept it for what it is.

Iv read the script three times now, and when it comes to the friendly predators I get a comic book vibe from it , in a good way. But there's still a good chunk of it that a 12 year old could of made up. I'm hoping it was cleaned up , but probably not. Only time will tell.

azamultic

"man Hicks was badass, still sad that this character died in Aliens" ohhh shoot, I made mistake, I meant Hudson!  ;D

Ramjet311

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Apr 25, 2018, 08:52:22 PM
Yeah I agree with original predator for the most part, it's a strange one indeed, i don't understand if our planet is warmer than theirs and they are coming for the heat , why they would then don human clothes ?? Sure you can get round it, but for an action film it is all a bit over the top.

Iv read the script three times now, and when it comes to the friendly predators I get a comic book vibe from it , in a good way. But there's still a good chunk of it that a 12 year old could of made up. I'm hoping it was cleaned up , but probably not. Only time will tell.

Yeah l dare say alot jas been cleaned up, i maybe wrong but im pretty sure the original draft is written by Fred Dekker, and had no input by Shane Black, so expect plenty of changes. Please correct me if I'm wrong though

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Ramjet311 on Apr 26, 2018, 06:37:08 AM
Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Apr 25, 2018, 08:52:22 PM

Yeah l dare say alot jas been cleaned up, i maybe wrong but im pretty sure the original draft is written by Fred Dekker, and had no input by Shane Black, so expect plenty of changes. Please correct me if I'm wrong though

I sincerely hope it's true... More Black & less Dekker can only be a good thing  ;)

I think Coyle's jokes are definitely from Black though  :laugh:

skull-splitter

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Apr 24, 2018, 05:03:26 PM
Skull splitter that was my fear too , but Iv come to like the new take on the aliens reasons for being here. It's still not a road I would of gone down if I was making it however, I suppose Iv realised I can kick and scream as much as I want it's not going to xhange anything the film is coming the way it is, so I better find reasons now for liking it.
I'm not that forgiving. I might enjoy it for what it is, but if it does I see it as a independent entry only.

ELDERCLANLEADER

Yeah skull splitter me too , I see it as independent from what I consider true predator canon, to me predator should be something to fear not something to love, the good predator should be left in the comic books imo , but it is what it is , I wouldn't say I'm forgiving , more Iv just accepted it. I still think a true sequel to P1 and p2 should of followed up on the lost tribe , why fox never did that considering the cult following the lost tribe have is beyond me. They are mysterious , the designs were top notch and kick ass , and it hinted at untold stories , like the flint lock.  It would of also made the predator series more coherent, I think fox pissed up the opportunity to make serious predator movies the day they decided to make avp and 2010s predators. My hope for this film is that it will be better than avp and predators , I suppose then I could forgive it... maybe. 😂

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed