11 (45.8%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: Jun 09, 2017, 04:12:42 PM

Author
Alien Covenant Box (Read 19,107 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: StrangeShape on May 30, 2017, 10:45:12 PM
Quote from: whiterabbit on May 30, 2017, 10:39:07 PM
Ok about the alien on the cover... where did that come from? I always thought that was just some random fan art and not a professionally made piece?

? Its also a cover of the Art and Making of Alien Covenant book

It was a non-commissioned piece (a practice run if you will) by one of Covenant's concept artists, Dane Hallet.

So essentially fan art that got officially adopted.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on May 30, 2017, 10:49:28 PM
Ok about the alien on the cover... where did that come from? I always thought that was just some random fan art and not a professionally made piece?

It was a non-commissioned piece (a practice run if you will) by one of Covenant's concept artists, Dane Hallet.

I know I was just expressing my surprise at the fact that whiterabbit wasnt aware of it, considering that its a cover of Making Of book

426Buddy

426Buddy

Im interested but i cant afford it lol.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: StrangeShape on May 30, 2017, 10:59:44 PM

I know I was just expressing my surprise at the fact that whiterabbit wasnt aware of it, considering that its a cover of Making Of book
Oh, I thought that picture was just a place holder for the book tbh. I hadn't bothered getting around to ordering it because I thought it looked like, honest opinion here, shit. Which is why I am shocked they used it for the box cover.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: whiterabbit on May 30, 2017, 11:58:37 PM

Oh, I thought that picture was just a place holder for the book tbh. I hadn't bothered getting around to ordering it because I thought it looked like, honest opinion here, shit. Which is why I am shocked they used it for the box cover.

:laugh: I hated it at first too, but then I thought it looked a bit like the DaVinci drawing which fits the vibe of the movie, so I dig it now

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: StrangeShape on May 31, 2017, 12:15:37 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on May 30, 2017, 11:58:37 PM

:laugh: I hated it at first too, but then I thought it looked a bit like the DaVinci drawing which fits the vibe of the movie, so I dig it now
Oh. Damn. It does kind of look DaVinci. I can see the merit now but I still find it an odd choice for the box art.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: whiterabbit on May 31, 2017, 12:27:27 AM
Oh. Damn. It does kind of look DaVinci. I can see the merit now but I still find it an odd choice for the box art.

Its better than that "colorbook" awful cover for the Official Collectors Edition book   :laugh: (https://bnccatalist.ca/images/catImages/title/401145/9781785861925.jpg)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I think you sold me on the box art. Let's just leave it at that. :P

markweatherill

markweatherill

Cool.

Cool.

Really cool.

Really cool.

...I bet the life sized replica is a facehugger embryo as seen at the end of the movie.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I've decided I'm gonna give it a go. I'm just concerned over the frequency order. Where can I check to make sure I'm only ordering the one-off box and not subscribing?

Iamgroot12

Iamgroot12

I've seen what's in the alien box!  :o

I'm sooo excited

AlienAbox

AlienAbox

The Alien box is a one off box, It's the only fully licensed box Fox are doing for Covenant.

So what I mean is you can only order 1 box, you wouldn't be subscribing if you are buying the Alien box.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Brilliant. Thanks for the clarification.

Ryan741

Ryan741

Just ordered,  hopefully it's cool stuff.

Rankles75

Rankles75

Doesn't cringeworthy mean embarrassing?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed