25 Years of Aliens Convention

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 28, 2011, 08:39:51 PM

Author
25 Years of Aliens Convention (Read 59,638 times)

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: ADC on Aug 10, 2011, 09:21:12 PM
I'm sure you would enjoy the panel with Charles and of course it's a Q&A as well so you could ask anything you want. Make yourself known to me at the event and we can talk about my Bolaji project, it would be good to interview you for that since  you've done some research yourself and worked on your own story.
Will do. I'll have Hicks here try and point me your way  :P I'll e-mail and reserve the dinner too.

Corporal Hicks

You wont be able to miss him. Very distinctive hair style.  :) But I'll happily introduce you.

And well put, ADC. I couldn't imagine having to have done that. Thank God for a car. It's the rarity of these events that really has me excited for it. Plus the opportunity to half-inch one of those pulse rifles...I hope Darren's is there, I'll be gone like a flash  :P

9th_Stew

Its about the Aliens Encounters convention - it says its £10 for a photo shoot with the stars now do they mean £10 per actor or £10 for the lot of them????

Terx2

My guess is it would be £10 per actor.

Fujimaster

Fujimaster

Group photo anyone xD

9th_Stew

9th_Stew

hmm i aint spending £25 per actor - ill stick to just the photos

ADC

ADC

It's great to have a professional photo but I think it's possible to get a photo on your own camera with you and the actor leaning across the desk, providing you buy an autograph. Standard for conventions.

9th_Stew

9th_Stew

ah thats ok then :)

Corporal Hicks

If anyone wants to come to the dinner on Saturday make sure you get your place booked. If you cant pay for it at moment don't worry because you can reserve seats and pay by 15th of September. Instructions are a few pages back.

ADC

ADC

Hi guys, here's a clip from the documentary featuring the Alien Encounter that we're doing at the Aliens convention in September. If you come along make sure you experience it, it's amaze! And feel free to record your jaunt on video if you like as well. Hope to see as many of you guys there as possible. It'd be great to meet you.

Cpl Hicks or mods, please feel free to edit this post and embed if you prefer.
http://vimeo.com/user4026688/alienencounters

LadyZero

LadyZero

Ok, dumb question time: is there a special code or something you need to mention when booking into that Premier Inn that's doing the special deal? I don't want to gibber something incoherent down the phone to them, is all xD

Ta in advance! I will definitely be coming to this so it'll be good to meet you all, put some names to faces :)

ADC

ADC

Tell them you want the National Space Centre special weekend rate. That is all you need to say but if you get any problems hark back here and I will look in to it for you. I think some of you guys are already checked in there.

Here's an info page for the dinner. Book soon as tickets are selling fast.

LadyZero

LadyZero

Have booked my hotel room, for reasons unknown I'm in a family room o.O oh well! Might ring them again and query that, I'm not quite firing on all cylinders and it sounded like the lady on the desk wasn't either.

I'm also going to force myself to get over my irrational hatred of large social gatherings and book a place at the dinner. Yay! And I'm going to do that right now before my nerves fail me.

Corporal Hicks

Didn't realise there was a convention rate. I just booked normal.

ADC

ADC

I think I advised you to get the non convention rate at that time, Aaron, because it was actually cheaper than the con rate when you booked. The con rate stays the same and is better value than the normal rate closer to the show, because the normal rate increases the closer you get to the date of your stay. So for anyone booking now, request the con rate. But Aaron, you got the best deal.  ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed