PC version: Mod tools and ultra graphics?

Started by And stuff, Feb 11, 2013, 08:44:34 PM

Author
PC version: Mod tools and ultra graphics? (Read 24,071 times)

And stuff

What do you guys think about the PC version of A:CM?  Do you think it will come with mod tools for the community to tweak the things we don't like?  I could imagine some pretty cool xeno re-skins or even level designs like you see in some mod communities.  Also, will we get the option to turn the graphics way up from where they are in the console versions?  I'd go as far as to say something like this is absolutely necessary for the PC version.  What does everyone think?

Le Celticant

I wish so much they would release a SDK.
Hell! I could even pay for it!!!

This game has so much potential with mode tools unlike any precendent alien game!

Elicas

Quote from: And stuff on Feb 11, 2013, 08:44:34 PM
What do you guys think about the PC version of A:CM?  Do you think it will come with mod tools for the community to tweak the things we don't like?  I could imagine some pretty cool xeno re-skins or even level designs like you see in some mod communities.  Also, will we get the option to turn the graphics way up from where they are in the console versions?  I'd go as far as to say something like this is absolutely necessary for the PC version.  What does everyone think?

To quote Cruz from the game, "Not a snowballs chance in f**k!".

SDK will never be released, as it will interfere with their plan to sell as much DLC as they can get away with. No point selling it if your fans can make it for free!

Expect this to be the norm for nearly every AAA game for as long as the game industry exists in it's current form.

WinterActual

Screw the AAA. Indie all the way!  8)

Elicas

Quote from: WinterActual on Feb 11, 2013, 09:00:37 PM
Screw the AAA. Indie all the way!  8)

After seeing the Wasteland 2 footage this weekend (so glad I backed it), i'm inclined to think that more and more 'successful' games will be going the kickstarter route.

UDA

Unlikely, Mod tools are a direct danger to DLC sales. It likely that people will mod anyway, but I don't see the developer supporting it. This game took alot of time to make, and likely cost alot, they want to squeeze every penny out of it if possible.

piff

so if MODS will not be allowed on the PC, this game will be a failure.

Its already got many FPS players mad that the alien is forced to be in third person mode.

Players should not be forced into a 3rd person mode, if they are selling this game as a FPS.

I think gear box should be sued for false advertisement.

Elicas

Quote from: piff on Feb 11, 2013, 09:32:08 PM
I think gear box should be sued for false advertisement.

You'll have about as much luck as those crazies who sue over their mmo having downtime.

pixelbaron

Don't hold your breath on an SDK.

piff

piff

Quote from: pixelbaron on Feb 11, 2013, 10:08:04 PM
Don't hold your breath on an SDK.

this is why these games die a quick death. They fragment the map community by making your PAY for maps, so now, how much are you investing vs how much replay value will it have when dies because there are no mods?

look at avp2010 for example. Its dead.

I am sure a MOD person can take this game, and at least give the option for the alien to be in First Person. or maybe the game is just doomed as an alien in 3rd person forever.

ruins the experience of being able to play the alien in First Person for the last decade. now your force to play like you have a camera over your shoulder.

It totally kills it for aliens lovers everywhere.

its a money maker for them, a quick one, and the game sadly will die a quick death.

pixelbaron

3rd person was actually a smart move in my opinion because it gives the aliens a bit more awareness in their environment when playing multiplayer, and you have better bearings on whether or not you're perched on a wall or ceiling.

This is coming from someone that played aliens any chance he got in all previous games. I don't mind 1st person, but I think 3rd person as a default is fine.

piff

Quote from: pixelbaron on Feb 12, 2013, 12:52:25 AM
3rd person was actually a smart move in my opinion because it gives the aliens a bit more awareness in their environment when playing multiplayer, and you have better bearings on whether or not you're perched on a wall or ceiling.

This is coming from someone that played aliens any chance he got in all previous games. I don't mind 1st person, but I think 3rd person as a default is fine.

the problem here is CHOICE.

Your forced to play third person.

The suspense of being sneaked up upon is gone. Removed from the game, and thats the problem. Its not suspenseful when you can see them coming up from behind...

AVP 2010 the humans could not crouch, iin A:CM the alien is forced into their person with no option to remove it. Sad.

chupacabras acheronsis

editing shouldn't be a problem with Unreal engine at least, for all the problems it's causing it.

OpenMaw

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Feb 12, 2013, 01:04:01 AM
editing shouldn't be a problem with Unreal engine at least, for all the problems it's causing it.

That depends on what has been done to the engine. If it's anything like what Gearbox did to DNF to lock the modders out, you can forget it.

piff

piff

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 12, 2013, 01:18:59 AM
Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Feb 12, 2013, 01:04:01 AM

That depends on what has been done to the engine. If it's anything like what Gearbox did to DNF to lock the modders out, you can forget it.

Then these gearbox people are just like rebellion, they just copied one of their other game, rouge warrior, and just made it with aliens....even with the cheap press it to kill from behind, ruining the expire of being able to get away when being sneaked up from behind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G72rw2hZFho

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed