1st Person Mode

Started by RidgeTop, Sep 08, 2021, 03:56:06 PM

Author
1st Person Mode (Read 1,769 times)

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

I'd personally really like to see a first person mode added to the game. This has been done after the fact with other titles such as The Evil Within, Grand Theft Auto V, and most comparably: World War Z

I put together some mock ups of what this feature might look like in Aliens: Fireteam Elite.

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Damn I love those mockups, that said the devs did a Q/A on discord and said there were no plans for it which royally sucks

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Sep 12, 2021, 10:00:45 PM
Damn I love those mockups, that said the devs did a Q/A on discord and said there were no plans for it which royally sucks

They kind of just avoided answering the question entirely:

"What made you pick a Third Person point of view for the game? Will there be an event or game mode for a First Person view?"

"Several reasons: We wanted you to be able to see your awesome looking marine. We also wanted the cover system for the Synth combat, so we needed third person for that. Third reason was to give you a little more visibility to react to how the xenomorph AI constantly flanks you and surrounds you."

So maybe no current plans, but that doesn't mean they for sure won't consider it down the road. Don't think WWZ had plans to either until they went for that re-release version.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed