When can we expect news about Alien: Covenant sequel?

Started by Daszkowski, Sep 17, 2017, 10:46:53 PM

Author
When can we expect news about Alien: Covenant sequel? (Read 73,492 times)

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Highland on Sep 22, 2017, 01:19:43 AMWhat about when he's been wandering the Planet for 10 years....

He specifically says to Oram it only infects "the meat". Synthetic is the opposite of meat.

Maybe he has meaty parts inside or he added biological parts to himself, I don't know.
They did it in the comic so why not in the movie.

Highland

**trying not to make sausage jokes

426Buddy

Elden wasn't an android, he was more like a replicant.

The goo doesnt infect david because he is not organic and has no DNA to mutate.

SM

Yep.  Elden was more of a cyborg, than a synthetic.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: 426Buddy on Sep 22, 2017, 02:19:05 AM

The goo doesnt infect david because he is not organic and has no DNA to mutate.

He only had one drop of it on the tip of his finger.

And how do you know they don't have DNA, they might have synthetic DNA.

After all, they can grow hair and eat like animals do.

SM

Aliens don't regard them as hosts.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: SM on Sep 22, 2017, 04:46:54 AM
Aliens don't regard them as hosts.

Exactly. Even if your synthetic DNA was possible Scorpio (Which honestly might be a legitimate point, I'm no expert) the film tells us that David cannot be infected. " Waiting for a mother" and all that....

It's possible that he could make another version which could turn against him, but I think we would have to be shown that some how. For a normal hugger to suddenly just jump on an android without explanation would be a step too far for me.

I can see the poetry in the creation turning on it's creator, that might even be where he's heading (Scott), but yeah, I'd need some sort of reason personally.

SM

SM

QuoteWhich honestly might be a legitimate point, I'm no expert

Considering the '2/3 human' comment - imma go with 'not'...

Highland

Quote from: SM on Sep 22, 2017, 04:52:27 AM
QuoteWhich honestly might be a legitimate point, I'm no expert

Considering the '2/3 human' comment - imam go with 'not'...

I was tryin to be nice :)

monkeylove

Quote from: bleau on Sep 21, 2017, 09:21:52 AM

How are you coming up with these figures? I never heard of a film were %10 return right away. I am familiar with 70 to 90 % return  right away on some productions. Also what is 30% tax on net profit? Rarely do marketing cost that much, sometimes. I would say a tad lower for most.

Several links here:

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=57436.msg2236367#msg2236367

and other points in the same thread.

Of course, the numbers vary. For example, the dataset used in the last link shows marketing cost at 80 percent of the production budget, but since I didn't include costs for manufacturing, overhead, residuals, etc., I decided to set it at roughly the same as the budget. Also, I could not find the costs for gross rentals.

Finally, because studios and investors are for-profit, then the tendency for them is to greenlight projects that will not only profit but that they believe will be more profitable than other projects that they would have to set aside or reject. That's why I think they will support a sequel not only because it will make more than the current film but a lot more given similar costs.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Sep 21, 2017, 07:56:42 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 21, 2017, 07:04:59 PM
Just like the end of Prometheus! And those questions are still left hanging!

I get where folk are coming from. But I'm just too scared of the next film. I'm too scared of David or some human being in that Derelict chair and the eggs being the eggmorphed colonists of the Covenant.

You can wait for the reviews and decide afterwards to watch the movie or not.

That wouldn't really matter - I'd see it opening night. But regardless of whether I saw the movie or not, it's still made and those events (potentially) still occur.

QuoteAnyway, I'm more scared I'll never get proper background info on the Engineers. I care more about their story than about the xeno or who might be the Jockey.

That's the thing. It's one of those things left hanging at the end of Prometheus and not addressed in Covenant either. I'd still like more actual exploration of the Engineers.

Quote from: SM on Sep 21, 2017, 09:35:06 PM
A chestbursted android?

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he toyed with the accelerant or some other deus ex machina to turn him biological or biomechanical, specifically so he could become the jockey. Just seems like the kind of story turn I'd expect from Scott.

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Sep 22, 2017, 12:53:32 AM
Still waiting for David to literally handle a facehugger!

That scene had the potential to be incredibly creepy. Would have just depended on execution.

SM

QuoteI honestly wouldn't be surprised if he toyed with the accelerant or some other deus ex machina to turn him biological or biomechanical, specifically so he could become the jockey. Just seems like the kind of story turn I'd expect from Scott.

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised either.  If it was handled inventively I could dig it.

Baron Von Marlon

Or he swallowed and embryo and it went wrong.
Scott got the idea from drug smugglers. And just like with smuggling, sometimes the packaging breaks.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 22, 2017, 08:56:34 AMI honestly wouldn't be surprised if he toyed with the accelerant or some other deus ex machina to turn him biological or biomechanical, specifically so he could become the jockey. Just seems like the kind of story turn I'd expect from Scott.

Wouldn't surprise me either.

ChrisPachi

QuoteI honestly wouldn't be surprised if he toyed with the accelerant or some other deus ex machina to turn him biological or biomechanical, specifically so he could become the jockey.

Oh please no! It was bad enough when everyone was speculating that Shaw was the Jockey. David says it; the accelerant works on animals - not plants or fungus or algae or plankton or bacterium, just animals.

Any kind of 'deus ex machina' for turning David into the Jockey can't possibly involve the accelerant without a ton of exposition... so Scott will be cool with it.

XENOMORPHOSIS

In spite of mixed feelings of Prometheus and Covenant I'm still on board for Ridley complete his story with the next film linking up to the Original Alien.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed