First Promotional Image and Logo Released for Prey

Started by Voodoo Magic, Nov 12, 2021, 05:21:33 PM

Author
First Promotional Image and Logo Released for Prey (Read 20,103 times)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Samhain13 on Nov 14, 2021, 11:08:48 PM
Having the first surviving predator in a movie could save it for me but no way they will let that happen.

Save this movie for you? The movie needs saving in your eyes?

Quote from: Leto2 on Nov 14, 2021, 04:04:08 PM
looks pretty good so far. although, am i the only one who finds the predator looks kinda bulky ??

Too me, not so much bulky, but the Predator just generally looks a little too big in comparison to the 5 foot 5'' Amber Midthunder (even though she is crouching and possibly the ground level varies.) But I just personally chalk that up to being a promotional image.

Master

Quote from: GreybackElder on Nov 14, 2021, 05:34:17 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 14, 2021, 03:27:10 PM
Quote from: Master on Nov 14, 2021, 12:57:56 PM
The plasma caster also look kinda smallish, very much like the one from last movie.

It possibly might be a sword. (Pulled an image of the Grayback Elder sword in "Predator Hunting Grounds" just for comparison)

Also we can see some wrist blade action going on in high contrast.

- Oh, it does look more like a pommel that the shoulder cannon to me. Very intriguing. Also the wrist blade looks sword like, like in predators. Also, is that the first predator to have the wrist blades on the left?? Cool.

Actually, first lefty Pred recorded was Big Red from Batman: Dead End  ;)

GreybackElder

Quote from: Master on Nov 14, 2021, 11:28:36 PM
Quote from: GreybackElder on Nov 14, 2021, 05:34:17 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 14, 2021, 03:27:10 PM
Quote from: Master on Nov 14, 2021, 12:57:56 PM
The plasma caster also look kinda smallish, very much like the one from last movie.

It possibly might be a sword. (Pulled an image of the Grayback Elder sword in "Predator Hunting Grounds" just for comparison)

Also we can see some wrist blade action going on in high contrast.

- Oh, it does look more like a pommel that the shoulder cannon to me. Very intriguing. Also the wrist blade looks sword like, like in predators. Also, is that the first predator to have the wrist blades on the left?? Cool.

Actually, first lefty Pred recorded was Big Red from Batman: Dead End  ;)

Lol. I knew there was one. I just knew it. I checked my hot toy preds, super pred movie stills and The predator movie. I thought I was safe. Nope. Lol. Good catch.

Samhain13

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 14, 2021, 11:10:02 PM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Nov 14, 2021, 11:08:48 PM
Having the first surviving predator in a movie could save it for me but no way they will let that happen.

Save this movie for you? The movie needs saving in your eyes?

Yeah, so far I don't like the premise.

Preydator

Is Kyle Strauts left-handed? Because I assume the wristblades placement has to do with the dominant arm/side.

Also, why are some people thinking that Dane DiLiegro is playing the Yautja in the movie when Kyle Strauts is already confirmed to be in it?

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Samhain13 on Nov 15, 2021, 12:33:21 AM
Yeah, so far I don't like the premise.

Is period piece Predator films in general just not your thing, or would you rather just not see one with the Comanche?

Quote from: Preydator on Nov 15, 2021, 11:54:05 AM
Is Kyle Strauts left-handed? Because I assume the wristblades placement has to do with the dominant arm/side.

Also, why are some people thinking that Dane DiLiegro is playing the Yautja in the movie when Kyle Strauts is already confirmed to be in it?

Dane and Kyle appeared to be both doing costume work. Being the same height, it's quite possible they were both sharing Predator duties, but we do not have confirmation of that one way or another.

Master

B...but what about the Sasquatch?

Predwars24

"Only" on Hulu......................... Great. Am I the only one who's getting sick of all these streaming services?

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Master on Nov 15, 2021, 02:18:30 PM

#TeamSasquatch

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 15, 2021, 02:40:58 PM
Quote from: Master on Nov 15, 2021, 02:18:30 PM

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41dWn6KWD2L.jpg

#TeamSasquatch

Who's to say we can't have both bear and sasquatch action right?

Now as for the Predator itself....idk maybe its one that is different on its own. The frame seems much wider and bulkier compared to Elder, especially the head. It could be the biomask Elder had switched up a few years later but everything else makes him much more bigger than Greyback. One thing for sure, I'm definitely reeled in and ready for this ride.

Just wished this was in theaters as well, but if Godzilla vs Kong did well in streaming, perhaps Prey can also be a sleeper hit too.

hoffmanstokes

where has anyone from production confirmed kyle? 

Preydator

Dane and Kyle appeared to be both doing costume work. Being the same height, it's quite possible they were both sharing Predator duties, but we do not have confirmation of that one way or another.
[/quote]

Ah I see, thank you!

Quote from: hoffmanstokes on Nov 15, 2021, 05:27:10 PM

He pretty much confirmed himself when he posted a photo of the "Skulls" clapperboard on his Instagram and Twitter back in september when filming wrapped.

And he even posted the new title/logo 3 days ago and said "Grateful to be a part of this undertaking" on Instagram.

Voodoo Magic

Yeah, not much of anything has been "confirmed", just social media posts later often yanked.

But Kyle sharing a pic of a "Skulls" clapboard liked by Amber Midthunder is still up and should hopefully tie anyone over.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTvW_Orh3Yo/?utm_medium=copy_link

hoffmanstokes

Quote from: Preydator on Nov 15, 2021, 05:48:30 PM

Ah I see, thank you!

Quote from: hoffmanstokes on Nov 15, 2021, 05:27:10 PM

He pretty much confirmed himself when he posted a photo of the "Skulls" clapperboard on his Instagram and Twitter back in september when filming wrapped.

And he even posted the new title/logo 3 days ago and said "Grateful to be a part of this undertaking" on Instagram.
[/quote]

my point exactly. danes been tagged by both tom woodruff and jeff cutter (when he essentially announced amber and dakota as well) - if kyle was heavily involved, i feel as though he'd be tagged too. let's be honest here. if dane was playing the bear/sashquach or even did part of the predator duties, they wouldn't just tag him and not kyle.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: hoffmanstokes on Nov 15, 2021, 05:55:33 PM
my point exactly. danes been tagged by both tom woodruff and jeff cutter (when he essentially announced amber and dakota as well) - if kyle was heavily involved, i feel as though he'd be tagged too. let's be honest here. if dane was playing the bear/sashquach or even did part of the predator duties, they wouldn't just tag him and not kyle.

Yeah, I personally wouldn't make assumptions either way solely based on social media tags. Who knows, perhaps there could even be two or more Predators featured...

All we know is Kyle has donned a Predator suit before, and Kyle's talent agency announced Kyle will be playing "the title character". But we'll have to wait and see how this all shakes out.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed