426Buddy

426Buddy

Wow thats a bummer....  :'(

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Damn... this is incredibly upsetting to hear. Rest in peace. :-\

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Another one of the science fiction design greats has passed away.  Farewell Ron Cobb.  Rest in peace.

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Lewy body dementia, apparently.

I'm only familiar with this condition thanks to the documentary Robin's Wish. Awful stuff.  :(

Stolen

Stolen

:-[

Rip Legend.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

He had a significant influence on the design of the human technology, spaceships and interiors in both Alien and Aliens and was the creator of Weylan(d) Yutani. Not many could have claimed to work on both films.

Ron Cobb's cameo in Conan:

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Such a great artist, RIP Bug Stomper!

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Losing Ron Cobb so soon after Syd Mead is rough. Those two form the backbone of so much of the science-fiction that I love. :-\

windebieste

windebieste

It's 6.45am where I am right now. I got up early, yeah; and this is the first News I see. Then I see 'The Dark Crystal' has been cancelled.

So far it's been a pretty shit day and I am rapidly believing I should have just stayed in bed. :(

Damn you, 2020. There's still three months of this shitty year to go. Right now I've more or less had enough and would like to trade it in for a better one.

-Windebieste.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Rest In Peace, your work will long be remembered.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

My favorite pic of Ron.

We lost a big one today.

RIP

Prez

Prez

OH man. Sad, sad news.

There were two artists who were so critical to my young artistic journey as a young kid in the 80s.... HR Giger was one. The other was Ron Cobb.

What a legacy he leaves. RIP Ron.

Richman678

Richman678

He was amazing! RIP good sir!

Adam802

Adam802

Damn.

RIP

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed