Predator cosplay

Started by LadyZero, Jul 31, 2011, 06:41:44 PM

Author
Predator cosplay (Read 16,351 times)

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Quote from: LadyZero on Aug 10, 2011, 04:10:16 PM
But I love my DS >.> No, I'm using the box from my phone and some red perspex plus a couple of push-lights to make it all sparkly.

I can't find the Predator alphabet link I had saved, what I want to do is paint 'Mary had a little lamb' on the side of the mask and see if anyone can read it xD I'll probably do a crackle glaze on one side too so it looks like it's been through a war or two.

As for the whip, it's going to have to stay normal (I'm lazy) and I'll probably get it confiscated anyway. Weapons rules at conventions here are ridiculous, I had my Nerf gun taken away at the last one I went to. And my OBVIOUSLY FAKE six-shooter. Pah.

I've done some more sketches of components of the costume, the shoulder armour, the cannons and the skirt specifically. Unfortunately there is zero battery in my camera at the moment so you'll have to wait to see them.

Cool. This is very interesting.

LadyZero

LadyZero

More pictures. My friend just came round to measure my face for the helmet so I should have asked her to take photos for me but she had to dash off :3

This is a box. Actually, it's a fabulous box. Once I have separated it into two bits, one side will serve as the arm computer, the other as the attachment for my wristblades. Also, I have a LOT of crap on my bedside table. Lol.

Just trying stuff on. Corset still needs to be adjusted more, it's a bit bulky around the stomach area and I'm not. See where it sort of curves out on my belly? I'm entirely flat there now. Pleather is a bitch to sew though, so urgh. Shorts are also too big, so lol. They are to go under the skirt for decency's sake, in case a gust of wind catches the skirt or a five year old decides to look up there. You get the idea of the actual clothing, though. The corset is a Good Thing because it negates the need for a 'body' seeing as I can cover most of me in armour.

And the obligatory 'I'm a cosplay faggot' shot xD You can see the annoying bulginess of the corset more in this photo. And I ought to clean my mirror.

More to come!

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Haven't even seen this thread yet, and saw Jill immediately when I saw that picture; when I read the original post and saw that was what you were going for, the slow clap started.

Fantastic work.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Quote from: LadyZero on Aug 21, 2011, 03:38:59 PM
More pictures. My friend just came round to measure my face for the helmet so I should have asked her to take photos for me but she had to dash off :3

This is a box. Actually, it's a fabulous box. Once I have separated it into two bits, one side will serve as the arm computer, the other as the attachment for my wristblades. Also, I have a LOT of crap on my bedside table. Lol.

Just trying stuff on. Corset still needs to be adjusted more, it's a bit bulky around the stomach area and I'm not. See where it sort of curves out on my belly? I'm entirely flat there now. Pleather is a bitch to sew though, so urgh. Shorts are also too big, so lol. They are to go under the skirt for decency's sake, in case a gust of wind catches the skirt or a five year old decides to look up there. You get the idea of the actual clothing, though. The corset is a Good Thing because it negates the need for a 'body' seeing as I can cover most of me in armour.

http://i51.tinypic.com/351vl2o.jpg

And the obligatory 'I'm a cosplay faggot' shot xD You can see the annoying bulginess of the corset more in this photo. And I ought to clean my mirror.

More to come!

Sorry I forgot this, looking good so far. :)

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Awesome Lady Zero!  Love the boots.  Good luck with corset, those things are a real pain lol.  Please keep us posted on the progress :)

Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus

This is gonna be a pretty awesome build, can't wait to see more.

LadyZero

LadyZero

Okay, boys and girls, thanks to the lovely Overhaulimus I now have a much better idea of how this is going to work, and I will keep you updated on how things are progressing. Actual construction won't happen until the end of October because I have to partly rebuild Jill for a convention at the end of that month and I also have a ton of custom MLP's to do before Ponycon.

But I'm still gathering materials, for it, and I have an idea I'd like to run past you all.

There has never been a female Predator on-screen, so this allows me more artistic license than if I was making a male. So therefore I ask you: blonde or redhead for the dreads? I figure the females are a bit more flashy than the males anyway, so... yes/no/cancel? Or black dreads with red tips a la Mr Black? Or tiger stripes a la Falconer?

Opinions welcome!

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Quote from: LadyZero on Sep 04, 2011, 02:51:52 PM
Okay, boys and girls, thanks to the lovely Overhaulimus I now have a much better idea of how this is going to work, and I will keep you updated on how things are progressing. Actual construction won't happen until the end of October because I have to partly rebuild Jill for a convention at the end of that month and I also have a ton of custom MLP's to do before Ponycon.

But I'm still gathering materials, for it, and I have an idea I'd like to run past you all.

There has never been a female Predator on-screen, so this allows me more artistic license than if I was making a male. So therefore I ask you: blonde or redhead for the dreads? I figure the females are a bit more flashy than the males anyway, so... yes/no/cancel? Or black dreads with red tips a la Mr Black? Or tiger stripes a la Falconer?

Opinions welcome!

In my opinion, I'd go red, perhaps tiger stripes. But that's just my opinion.

Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus

You're welcome for the help Zero, that's what I'm here for. Can't wait to see what you do with this now that you have a better idea of what you want to do.

Terx2

Terx2

Quote from: LadyZero on Sep 04, 2011, 02:51:52 PM

Opinions welcome!

normal predator dreads and 3 blood stripes on the falconer's mask would look cool :-\ But it's up to you.

fry1236

fry1236

Wow I love those boots  ;D It sounds (and looks) like it will be pretty cool.

Garethmb

Garethmb

We have a virtual Cosplay event with prizing so I thought I would see if anyone wanted to enter.

http://sknr.net/2020/05/08/announcing-our-virtual-cosplay-event/

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Very cool - since Megacon was cancelled this year, might have a little here at least.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed