What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 587,253 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: judge death on Jul 31, 2022, 04:39:52 PMIts sunday, sunday anxiety kicks in. Just staring at clock and knowing the weekend is soon over.

I feel like that every Sunday.  I spend the whole day dreading the start of another stressful work week.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate spiders?

I'm trying to sleep with insomnia as it is and then I just find one chilling on my arm and I freaked the f**k out.

Not just that but they've been appearing more lately too.

I think though things were better when I started out with lavender sachets when the smell was stronger the first week.

So besides dusting, getting rid of bedroom garbage can, sorting the last of the clutter and getting rid of any food I also want to start raising a pot of dwarf lavender, maybe get some lavender candles too (not only for the spiders but my insomnia too).

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Aug 02, 2022, 09:23:09 AMHave I ever mentioned how much I hate spiders?

I'm trying to sleep with insomnia as it is and then I just find one chilling on my arm and I freaked the f**k out.

I think though things were better when I started out with lavender sachets when the smell was stronger the first week.

So besides dusting, getting rid of bedroom garbage can, sorting the last of the clutter and getting rid of any food I also want to start raising a pot of dwarf lavender, maybe get some lavender candles too (not only for the spiders but my insomnia too).

Try peppermint. They hate it.
We get rather large (Huntsman) spiders in our house from time to time - they are big, scary and supremely fast but also very harmless. Try not to kill them as they are good for keeping annoying insect populations down. We also get rather large Wolf Spiders in our garden and of course the very dangerous Redback spider too.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Prez on Aug 02, 2022, 11:38:59 PM
Quote from: Crazy Rich on Aug 02, 2022, 09:23:09 AMHave I ever mentioned how much I hate spiders?

We get rather large (Huntsman) spiders in our house from time to time - they are big, scary and supremely fast but also very harmless. Try not to kill them as they are good for keeping annoying insect populations down. We also get rather large Wolf Spiders in our garden and of course the very dangerous Redback spider too.

I figured your place was crawling with thousands of Sydney funnel-web spiders.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I heard of peppermint as well but I'm more cautious of that one because of the dog while lavender is safer for pets by comparison but still disliked enough by spiders from what I understand.

I'm actually thinking that I might go for a homemade lavender wreath (dried lavender bundles, wire wreath, and floral wire or twine) and hang it over the bedroom window which would be better for space in this small room and it's supposed to be good for a year, maybe even use some leftover for other uses.

Immortan Jonesy

You and @Kradan could become great friends one day  >:(

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 02, 2022, 11:49:31 PMI figured your place was crawling with thousands of Sydney funnel-web spiders.

I'm lucky that the state I live in doesn't have those nasty bastards. Mind you in this country every native animal is trying to kill you at some point.

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Aug 03, 2022, 12:04:29 AM

I heard of peppermint as well but I'm more cautious of that one because of the dog while lavender is safer for pets by comparison but still disliked enough by spiders from what I understand.

I'm actually thinking that I might go for a homemade lavender wreath (dried lavender bundles, wire wreath, and floral wire or twine) and hang it over the bedroom window which would be better for space in this small room and it's supposed to be good for a year, maybe even use some leftover for other uses.

Out of curiosity what type of spiders are you getting?
I awoke to one of these crawling on my face in the middle of the night ... my wife said I screamed like a little kid. HAHAHA.

[img width=50% height=50%]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White-tailed_spider#/media/File:AustralianMuseum_spider_specimen_57.JPG[/img]

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Couldn't tell you specifically, what I do know is they tend to always be the active hunter varieties as opposed to web spinners.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Prez on Aug 02, 2022, 11:38:59 PMWe get rather large (Huntsman) spiders in our house from time to time - they are big, scary and supremely fast but also very harmless.

When I first saw photo of that thing I was like "Holy f**k, I'm never going to Australia !"

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Aug 03, 2022, 12:56:56 AM

You and @Kradan could become great friends one day  >:(

Heeeey, @Crazy Rich, buddy ! Welcome to "I have nothing but HATE for spiders" club !

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Brain isn't working this morning. I'm having to have people repeat things to me to comprehend. And I don't want people near me fullstop.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I misspelled 'ID' in the PREY podcast and I'm gonna gnaw at my own liver for the remainder of the week (also because I clearly didn't catch an important plot point, lmfaooo)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Omegamorph on Aug 09, 2022, 12:21:03 AMI misspelled 'ID' in the PREY podcast and I'm gonna gnaw at my own liver for the remainder of the week (also because I clearly didn't catch an important plot point, lmfaooo)

At least you didn't type "alot."

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 09, 2022, 01:23:48 AMAt least you didn't type "alot."
yeah thanks alot dude appreciate it

Wysps

Wysps

New cars are still being sold above MSRP.  I'm wondering if they're ever going to go back down, or if this is the new reality.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Buy used.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed