The Last Of Us (PS3 Exclusive)

Started by AvatarIII, Dec 09, 2011, 11:10:54 AM

Author
The Last Of Us (PS3 Exclusive) (Read 46,009 times)

The Golden Fox

This game looks quite interesting. Thing is, it's sort of hard to believe that, if indeed the girl was born before it all went down, that sort of event has been their 'day to day' for at least 14 years, and they're still alive.

There must be towns or safe-zones with other people.

Quote from: The Golden Fox on Dec 12, 2011, 12:33:10 PM
This game looks quite interesting. Thing is, it's sort of hard to believe that, if indeed the girl was born before it all went down, that sort of event has been their 'day to day' for at least 14 years, and they're still alive.

almost certainly, for a start the state of their clothes actually imply that they have been relatively safe for most of the time,

AlexVelez

AlexVelez

Quote from: AvatarIII on Dec 12, 2011, 01:01:45 PM

almost certainly, for a start the state of their clothes actually imply that they have been relatively safe for most of the time,

Well it's not that hard to break into an abandoned clothing store & steal things to wear. :P Also, on average they say a child's earliest memory is around the age of 6/7. The girl can't be much older than 16, so they've probably been surviving for about 8/10 years.

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Quote from: AlexVelez on Dec 12, 2011, 02:06:04 PM

Well it's not that hard to break into an abandoned clothing store & steal things to wear. :P Also, on average they say a child's earliest memory is around the age of 6/7. The girl can't be much older than 16, so they've probably been surviving for about 8/10 years.

Really? Then I must have exceptional memory since I can remember various things from when I was 3.

6 is about right to remember "normal things" i believe, particularly memorable things can be remembered from an earlier age, i would be surprised if you could remember anything mundane from when you are 3, also the existence of photographs and other aide memoirs can keep and often augment memories for longer, (ie you can only vaguely remember it, but you see a photograph and the information from the photograph is used by your brain to fill ion blanks)

Effectz

Effectz

Quote from: AlexVelez on Dec 12, 2011, 02:06:04 PM

She is born after the Apocolypse,she mentions how it must of been nice for people to walk around the city going about their daily business,not to mention the city is so overgrown.

Effectz

The Golden Fox

Quote from: AvatarIII on Dec 13, 2011, 10:58:53 AM
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/329498/naughty-dog-wants-last-of-us-to-redefine-video-games/

Quote"we're trying to move the medium of video games into an area elevated in the same manner of respect of film. We want to redefine what our medium is even called,"

Hm. That's almost word-by-word what Quantic Dream said about Heavy Rain. Maybe it's just me, but that statement sort of puts me off this game. I mostly play games for gameplay and interactivity, rather than storyline and setpieces.

Another nitpick I have is the lead. Sure, we've hardly seen or learned anything in regards to him, but just by looks I would've preferred a more 'average-Joe'-sorta protag, like Adrien Brody, than a badass, grizzled killing machine.

That is a really nice poster, though.

Lie

Lie

Quote from: Effectz on Dec 13, 2011, 11:07:44 AM
Attack of the Cordyceps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuKjBIBBAL8#ws

I want the one for flies and spiders!

Sabres21768

Keg

Keg

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Dec 13, 2011, 03:02:09 PM
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/329498/naughty-dog-wants-last-of-us-to-redefine-video-games/

If they do, then they need to release this on more than just one platform.  ::)

Wont happen though unfortunately. Naughty Dog have a long and succesful relationship with Sony and Playstation so theyre not likely to change now.

Im so excited for this game. Naughty Dog have proved themselves time and time again and with the Uncharted trilogy, theyve given us some of the best games this generation has seen.

Probably means we wont see a fourth Uncharted in 2 years time but there is The Golden Abyss on the Vita so I can deal with that. Infact if we see another console Uncharted game it might well be a PS4 launch title?

Quote from: Keg on Dec 13, 2011, 04:12:12 PM
Quote from: Sabres21768 on Dec 13, 2011, 03:02:09 PM

If they do, then they need to release this on more than just one platform.  ::)

Wont happen though unfortunately. Naughty Dog have a long and succesful relationship with Sony and Playstation so theyre not likely to change now.

Im so excited for this game. Naughty Dog have proved themselves time and time again and with the Uncharted trilogy, theyve given us some of the best games this generation has seen.

Probably means we wont see a fourth Uncharted in 2 years time but there is The Golden Abyss on the Vita so I can deal with that. Infact if we see another console Uncharted game it might well be a PS4 launch title?

why do you assume we won't get uncharted 4 in 2013? this is due out late 2012, U3 came out late 2011, why can't U4 come out late 2013?

Keg

Keg

Theyve never released 3 high profile games in 3 years before thats all. They've obviously been developing this at the same time as the latter half of development of Uncharted 3 and now they'd have to start Uncharted 4 while doing this.

Since as early as 2004/2005 until now theyve developed 3 games (Uncharted). Granted the first game probably took the longest because it was new tech and it was a completely new IP and obviously with the sequels they already had the groundwork.

I just don't think Naughty Dog would start churning out games every year. Unless they've decided to bring in alot more people since the success of Uncharted they could yes, but I get the impression theyre a studio that seems to try and focus on one thing at a time.

If im wrong, sweet then we get more Uncharted, but if we dont im ok with that too.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed