The Last Of Us (PS3 Exclusive)

Started by AvatarIII, Dec 09, 2011, 11:10:54 AM

Author
The Last Of Us (PS3 Exclusive) (Read 45,710 times)

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Oh you peasants and your shitty standards.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

better than being a king and crying over a console I supposedly don't play

tears

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Wut

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

This game might be the reason I buy a PS4. I never got around to playing TLoU on the PS3 so I might as well.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

It's pretty awesome.  Might replay it over the weekend. 

Darkness

Darkness

A PS5/PC remake is coming out in September. I thought the PS4 remastered version looked pretty good. I didn't expect them to do a remake for the PS5.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2022/06/sony-leaks-the-last-of-us-part-i-for-ps5-launching-2nd-september

BlueMarsalis79

The PlayStation ecosystem for backwards compatibility's a joke, that's why you end up with four different versions of essentially the same thing up ported, between this and Spider-Man though the notable stuff eventually making it to PC's hopefully a trend that continues.

Darkness

Darkness

Yeah, I kinda think if it's something already on PS4 and therefore runs on PS5, the upgrade should be given to us in a free patch which many developers do. I'd settle for a simple 60fps patch which they did for Last of Us 2. I always thought Last of Us looked pretty good.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Well if I ever get my hands on a PS5 I'll give it a go. Graphics look great of course!

If there is anyone on here who's a fan of the factions multiplayer mode, Druckmann and Naughty Dog recently shared a glimpse of TLOU2's separate multiplayer game.

Too bad it'll be a whole year before anything more comes out on it...

Razz

Razz

Yeah I'm looking forward to Part 1 even though I bought the PS4 remaster on release. Taking the gameplay mechanics, Animations from Part 2 and adding 60FPS is enough for me.

Darkness

Darkness

Doesn't it bother you that they're charging like $70 for it? Looking at the comparison, it doesn't look all that different.

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah it's extremely scummy and anyone paying for it also normalizes it.

Waiting for it to be dirt cheap on Steam's the only sensible course of action now.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I do think the 70 dollars is a little scammy but it's a redone Campaign and Expansion plus a new multiplayer mode (which is supposed to be much larger than what factions was back in the day) that is where the money is going. 

Factions was almost like playing a different game from sp.  It was extremely tense for a console game that had elements of the campaign mixed with something like mad max. 

If I had to guess I'd say that it will include elements that were basically simulated (like your infection levels and population health)into actual gameplay (maybe safe base camps or something like Ghost Recon and Division games have) as well as include elements of the infected in multiplayer.  Like the sound of gunfire alerting dormant or roaming infected to your spot within the map.  The infected outside of simulation were completely absent from the original Factions, which I thought was kinda crazy.

If the MP is really supposed to be a jump forward from what factions was, which was a good mp game that supposedly still has a following from 2014, then I could be okay with the price tag.  If it is just the devs blowing smoke up the ass then naw bruh.  The development of TLOUII which was deliberately misleading has made me question anything ND says or anything they are remotely tied to.

I think while the storyline seems to follow the beats of the original game (it doesn't appear to be the same kind of remake that the REs are or the FF7remake/sequel where things are wildly different) but just from having played the game so much it does look like there will be minor differences.  Just having the controls and fluidity of TLOUII implemented in the original would be a big improvement.   

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed