20th Century Fox & Netflix Reportedly Made An Alien vs. Predator Anime! And They Had Interest In More Animated Material!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 29, 2020, 09:07:37 PM

Author
20th Century Fox & Netflix Reportedly Made An Alien vs. Predator Anime! And They Had Interest In More Animated Material! (Read 28,012 times)

Corporal Hicks

According to the good folk over at The Perfect Organism Podcast, 20th Century Fox and Netflix produced and completed an Alien vs. Predator anime! Unfortunately they haven’t shared any specific details – is it an original story, or an adaptation of the fan-favourite original comic series – but it’s interesting none-the-less!

“Before 20th Century Fox completed their merger with the Walt Disney Company, Perfect Organism: The Alien Saga Podcast was in regular contact with several key players at Fox. During that time it was revealed to us that an Alien vs. Predator anime was completed for Netflix and then never released. It is unknown if and/or when it will be released.”

Netflix is reportedly sitting on a completed Aliens vs. Predator anime!

Though we can’t corroborate this specific piece, Alien vs. Predator Galaxy can also confirm that prior to the Disney purchase of 20th Century Fox they had been quite open to, and had at least entertained the possibility of, exploring the Alien universe in other animated Alien adventures!

Originally introduced in 2019’s Alien: Echo, Olivia Shipp was set to receive a lot of focus leading up to the release of Cold Iron’s Aliens shooter. Had Aliens: Colonial Marines – Rising Threat not been cancelled, we’d have been just over half-way through Olivia Shipp’s debut comic series.

And as Alien vs. Predator Galaxy understands it, Olivia was also set to have her own series of animated shorts which would have seen an aged General Shipp looking back over her life and career in the Colonial Marines, where she would encounter the Aliens once again. We would have found out that Zula and Amanda were responsible for her rescue, and Zula inspired Olivia to join the marines.

What do you think of the possibility of a complete Alien vs. Predator anime sitting unreleased in 20th Century Studio and Netflix’s vaults? Or the concept of seeing other animated Alien material? Let us know down in the comments section below.

Make sure you stick with Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest on Alien and Predator! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!

426Buddy

SiL

I think the idea of a completed show with absolutely no hint but this one reveal is super dubious, but stranger things have happened I guess.

Local Trouble

Huggs

Quote from: SiL on Feb 29, 2020, 09:21:29 PM
I think the idea of a completed show with absolutely no hint but this one reveal is super dubious, but stranger things have happened I guess.

This.

Voodoo Magic

Huggs

Then it better get a physical release.

SM

Are these guys still trying to get their Alien script looked at with Fox?  Or they burning bridges now?

Kailem

No. ****ing. Way. :o

Followed immediately by:

Release it! Release it release it release it! :laugh:

Quote from: SiL on Feb 29, 2020, 09:21:29 PM

This for sure. But it would certainly be awesome if it were true.

D88M

Everything that disney touches it destroys it, either literally or it turns it into trash, like the Star Wars and Marvel brands.
The Alien Versus Predator concept is an endless source of great ideas that is never exploited, i want a movie, i want a video game, comic books, this anime, i want quality Alien Versus Predator stuff.

SuperiorIronman

Netflix probably holds the television rights to do this and so with Disney now owning Fox it means that they'd probably have to renegotiate. It's also possible that Netflix would hold the rights for a certain amount of time and Disney has so far let Alien and Predator content role out as is. It's possible Disney just doesn't know about it or found out late enough and had no immediate plans for it that they didn't bother getting it released and are just waiting out the timer.

Assuming of course this series actually exists.

Crisycrunchy

Super hyped! Would love to see it

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Waaaat? Talk about being kept under the highest level of secrecy. How could this have been missed during its production? Not one bit of news regarding its existence? Crazy.

Release it!

acrediblesource

Wow.!!!! If its bad they would have released it anyway. If it were freakin awesome you can bet they will want to make more,market it better and push for a game or something.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed