Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 386,832 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I was actually. Wasn't sure whether to put it in the Merch section or the Game section.

I'd very much like a nice black with blues look to them. I was thinking going brown with the Runners though and maybe a silver/milk colour for the cowl of the infants.

Corporal Hicks

From the last update:

The rules are out with professional Beta testers once we hear back from we will be releasing them.

We are waiting on approval of the AvP Add-on's packaging, and are estimating that we should be shipping within the next 60 days. As the Board game is just going into design stage the estimated completion of printing is estimated to take 2 months for the KS Exclusive Board Game (it's mainly due to tiles cutting tools and inserts design as well as Board Game confection) , but we may be able to keep it in line with the Add-on's production; as always we will keep you informed on a weekly basis.

Models: Within the next few weeks we will be showing many more examples of painted miniatures crafted by the Prodos Games painting team. We are also planning to have an AvP event in Leamington Spa in roughly 2 months time

I've popped more pics from Titan Games on the Facebook page too.

Manchu

Manchu

The Prodos Rep posted these to Dakka recently:

ALSO -- For those who missed the Kickstarter ... the Prodos rep said resin kits should be out by late summer. The plastic miniatures (and by extension, the rest of the board game boxed set) is still on schedule for late 2014.

Corporal Hicks

Latest update -

Hi there, quick update today the Prodos team is going to visit printing company tomorrow to work out the board game delivery schedule. Due to some negative comments about delay we would like to highlight process that we have to follow in order to make the boardgame reality.
There are several major steps we have to follow to get this license into production: the Major ones are:

1. Concept approval - once all board game graphics are approved we can then make physical game prototype (this is the step we are at the moment) it takes around 14 days (currently half way through – making temporary cutting tool for board game tiles and tokens), once the prototype is approved we can then place move on to mass production, but before that happens we have to:

A . We must have physical approved board game tiles so we can take pictures for game box and board game rules (missions set up examples) plus incorporating them into document, and then send it off to print. (3 Weeks)

B. Have approved and painted miniatures for photo for game rules. (this is an ongoing process done side by side with prototype approvals)

C. Have all board game components approved (dice ect). (this is an ongoing process done side by side with prototype approvals)

D. Manufacture required models for bard game (In the process and should take 4 weeks to be completed).

E. Design cutting tools for board game tiles (this should take about 2 weeks after the prototypes are approved)

2. Mass production – the next step is to get to line up several companies delivery schedules for the board game subcomponents (currently this is at 4 to 5 weeks, but we are in discussions with printing company to speed up this process down to 3 weeks).

Please bear in mind, this is a licensed product and not our own, we have to follow specific approval process and there is no way to take shortcuts, for us; I can tell you that we are full involved in this process and we want it to be completed as soon as possible. The last thing we wanted is to delay the Kickstarter fulfilment dates, we are sorry that things have been delayed.

We would like to thank you for understanding. 

The Pledge manager will be closed on the 29th of May. 

Also we are having some questions regarding the 3D terrain, I can tell you that due to changes in the rules it determined that we had to increase 3D terrain in size, therefore, new pieces of 3D terrain are now in approval stage, once approved we will share Pictures of the new terrain.

Just a notice in case it happens; we might have to skip next week update as it is more than likely the team will be away sorting out the board game manufacturing.

One final note is we morn the passing of HR Giger the wonderfully creative genius behind the Aliens that we all love and adore.   

Here is Prodos Games tribute to HR Giger: (pics of early WIP of game cards):

Joda

So I've been gone for awhile, and look what I miss!

I feel really lost here guys.  ??? I've read through pages here and there and looked on Protos' Facebook page but... For those of us who missed the Kickstarter campaign, what exactly are the options?

I'm really just interested in the miniatures, (not the game) though I don't know if they're something that will be offered separately or not. They are incredible, though. Absolutely amazing looking!

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

You'll have to wait until late 2014/early 2015 for the retail release. Apparently the figures that will be available then might not be exactly the same as these ones, although I think that's still up in the air. I imagine the "core box" with all the game tiles in it will be the first retail item available, but they plan to release quite a bit eventually. The good news is, you can probably pick up the core box and sell the game tiles/tokens on eBay.

Also:

Project Update #55: This is rumour control, Here are the facts...
Posted by Prodos Games Ltd ♥ Like
Hi all, sorry for short update but the Prodos team is away at UK Game Expo in Birmingham. Another update with more info this Sunday.

Reminder - Any issues with the pledge manager please direct to michal.pawlaczyk@prodos.co.uk, please give us 24h to replay. Please do not PM via KS with PM queries, Thanks.

1. "KS pledge manager link reminder mail" - if you've recently received this mail  with PM activation link, but you've already closed you pledge manager, then there is no action to be taken, please ignore the email/link.

2. "3d terrain" we will have something to show on Sunday, but if you've already closed your PM, you will still have a chance to get it in future - we will make it available at the Kickstarter prices for bakers via our Prodos' shop www.shop.prodosgames.com.

3. Young Bloods and Sergeant - pic on Sunday - same here it will be available for backers  @ KS prices at our shop later.

4. There's still 150 backers to close their PM, we will keep it opened until Saturday Midnight UK time.

5. Progress update on Sunday.

Regards

Prodos Games Admin

Reminder - Any issues with the pledge manager please direct to michal.pawlaczyk@prodos.co.uk, please give us 24h to replay. Please do not PM via KS with PM queries, Thanks.

Arterial Spray

Joda, there have been  few pledges sold on the Prodos Forums, Might be worth a glance.

While I'm not sure how buying/selling the pledge works, I know you can increase the size of a pledge through paypal.

[cancerblack]

Because I know some people are having problems with it:

QuoteHi there, another Quick update, this time about Pledge Manager:

1. Login back to your PM:

Please follow the link to log in to your PM : http://calc.prodos.co.uk/panel#login

your Login must be in LOWER-CASES, your password is CASE SENSITIVE

2. Changing postal address, you can do it any time, even after CLOSING your pledge manager:

please remember:

your Log in must be in  LOWER-CASES, 

your password is  CASE SENSITIVE

Corporal Hicks

Have they done anything to it I need to be aware of? I locked my thing down ages ago...

[cancerblack]

Nope, you're safe.

But check your emails, they've just released the 3D renders of the youngblood Predators. They look pretty awesome.

Thunderjack88

Just made the move from their forums to over here (notice a few familiar faces). Can't wait to get a AvP Collection that I can display without getting a separate room for it!

I've been working on extra Prey based on games and comics for it (as per my signature link) and posted up a threads but they are nothing compared to the quality Prodos are turning out.
-Lumberjack1988

Arterial Spray

Y'ello chap.

Just been digging in your gallery and everything looks rather nice.
Gotta ask though: You said your plans for the River Ghost were not cost effective... what where they?  :P

Thunderjack88

Hey Spray,

Thanks should be adding to it after pay day  :D

The River Ghost base was going to be a Mantic Deadzone Plague stage 2a with Tyranid Warrior rending claws. Problem is can't find a decent priced single one as I don't want a pack of them.
http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-shop/deadzone/faction-boosters/product/plague-monsters-booster-4-figures.html

I'll make one at some point just because of how similar they look to the original Predator design.
-Lumberjack1988

Arterial Spray

Snazzy. I see what you mean about the 'not cost effective', can't for the life of me see why they only sell them along with the giant ugly monster, which is available seperatly.

They do sell nice terrain though...

Thunderjack88

Thunderjack88

The terrain is nice not branded to their range so fits multiple ranges.

Its a shame that they are not cost effective but I'm keeping my eyes open. Just posted pictures of the frame for a Tentacle from AvP2 Primal Hunt. Nice easy creature to hold me over while I wait for pay day to order some preys prey miniatures  ;D
-Lumberjack1988

Sweet friend of mine is getting the set of Plague people but doesn't want all the 2a stage guys so looks like River Ghost is back on the table.

On subject no update yet was hoping for a eta this week.
-Lumberjack1988

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed