New EW Still

Started by ace3g, Jul 14, 2018, 12:02:17 AM

Author
New EW Still (Read 27,870 times)

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

The design language just screams bulky brute, not fast and graceful stealthy killer.

azamultic

azamultic

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 18, 2018, 12:33:42 PM
We haven't seen him move yet, how do we know he won't be moving elegantly ? Muscle mass on a frickin' alien would mean he isn't capable of being fast and graceful ? Just because he's big ?

In defence of people not seeing this huge predator to be elegant, is simple, the basic design language, if you want to make a tank, he going to have huge chest, traps, biceps, legs, he will be very heavy and moving very heavy, if you want to make a agile elf, who moves very elegant you making him slender, light. That's simple design rules. The Upgrade does look more tanky then agile type. But then again you can break every rule if you know how to manipulate them, so I totally don't have no problems with a huge tank looking creature moving elegantly like a an elf  ;) (don't take my words literally, just exaggeration).
    But also I want to point out that the Upgrade doesn't look like he took too much steroids, I mean the proportions of his body to his height looks pretty good, I mean he looks like just somebody took Jungle, City hunter, and just up-scaled them. And added a little bit more muscles on arms. Yes his torso has more developed muscles then Jungle/City Hunter, but it's nowhere near as Powerlifters from AVP 2004.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I agree on the fact that he does look bulky, and that it could imply he isn't really fast... But personally i go beyond that, and i think he'll be more than that on screen, simply because we haven't seen him move yet. Anyway he is described as fast and agile in the script. The good thing is the use of CGI totally allows that  ;)

As a side note, i wonder how much he weighs though ? A classic pred is said in various documents from the extended universe to weigh in at 520 pounds at least, which seem reasonable when you look at them. For the upgrade, it will probably reach 900 or more... I mean, tigers can reach 690 pounds and still move really fast...

HashTag_TheSwag

HashTag_TheSwag

It leaves about as much of an impression on me as this guy does.

"Sorry, unrelated, but will Thomas Jane have an important role or will he die quickly ? Because we almost don't see him at all in the trailers."

Spoilers (Maybe?)

I think he's the dude hanging upside down in the forest scene during the trailer.
He's the only one wearing a red shirt so that's my guess. Unless that's one of the death scenes they re-shot so it might not go that way in the final cut, even though the dudes already dead in the shot.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HashTag_TheSwag on Jul 18, 2018, 01:31:46 PM
I think he's the dude hanging upside down in the forest scene during the trailer.
He's the only one wearing a red shirt so that's my guess. Unless that's one of the death scenes they re-shot so it might not go that way in the final cut, even though the dudes already dead in the shot.

Spoiler
I believe that's from earlier on in the film when McKenna encounters the Predator pod.
[close]

Original Predator

Original Predator

"they like the hunting aspect of it, they break down every aspect of whatever costume he's wearing this time and make toys of it. It's strange, but it's so longstanding and won't go away."

Translation:

These Pred fans are nuts!! So nuts I had to drop my Twitter account!!!

yautjapet

yautjapet

At first I was a bit put out by the cheetah remark - AvP1 aside, all the other predators have been agile rather than bulky, going back to the very beginning - but I remembered how Brian Prince said he made use of his parkour skill and agility on set, so I'm not concerned Upgrade will be "more" graceful than Captive or anything.

azamultic

azamultic

Quote from: yautjapet on Jul 18, 2018, 03:07:08 PM
At first I was a bit put out by the cheetah remark - AvP1 aside, all the other predators have been agile rather than bulky, going back to the very beginning - but I remembered how Brian Prince said he made use of his parkour skill and agility on set, so I'm not concerned Upgrade will be "more" graceful than Captive or anything.

To be honest, even with amazing performance from Kevin Peter Hall, he still looked pretty bulky and heavy, in every hand to hand combat he felt very heavy and slow, remembering the Mike Harrigan fight on the ship, or with the Dutch at the end of the first movie. He did good, I mean he is the best predator and I love Jungle hunter and city hunter, but in this scenes without editing you can see that he struggles to move very fast in predator suite. I am not shitting on the classics btw  ;)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: azamultic on Jul 18, 2018, 03:37:09 PM

To be honest, even with amazing performance from Kevin Peter Hall, he still looked pretty bulky and heavy, in every hand to hand combat he felt very heavy and slow, remembering the Mike Harrigan fight on the ship, or with the Dutch at the end of the first movie. He did good, I mean he is the best predator and I love Jungle hunter and city hunter, but in this scenes without editing you can see that he struggles to move very fast in predator suite. I am not shitting on the classics btw  ;)

It's true, you don't have to justify yourself don't worry  ;)

He does take some time when throwing punches to Dutch indeed, but i feel that's part of the charm of the creature too, in some way.

azamultic

azamultic

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 18, 2018, 04:08:08 PM
Quote from: azamultic on Jul 18, 2018, 03:37:09 PM

It's true, you don't have to justify yourself don't worry  ;)

He does take some time when throwing punches to Dutch indeed, but i feel that's part of the charm of the creature too, in some way.

Yehh, I am being safe in case some people would take it as a personal attack ;D

I totally agree that that practical effects and it's limitations totally adding charm to the movie and creature, and I am still a sucker for Practical Effects and wished that it would be used more. But CGI does help in creating more agile movement compare to the practical stuff, and it's what I feel Shane Black was talking about  :)

PS: the debate about what looks more believable is another topic.  ;)

Shane Black can take his shitty "Upgrade" and go back to television making Scfy movies of the week where he belongs.

Messagingfromthebathroom

Messagingfromthebathroom

The man is literally trashing the original Predator and  you're all going to sit there and tell me that this is the man who's going to bring the Predator franchise forward. Bull. Shit.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Messagingfromthebathroom on Jul 18, 2018, 06:03:08 PM
The man is literally trashing the original Predator and  you're all going to sit there and tell me that this is the man who's going to bring the Predator franchise forward. Bull. Shit.

Forward is merely a direction. It can result in either a negative or a positive outcome. Neither one is guaranteed. Maybe the movie will be good. Maybe it will suck. Who knows for sure? We all will, once it's released. But it's been made, it's done, I've made my peace with it. I'm moving forward, one might say.

And when did we "all" say Shane is going to do that?

These guest posts sound an awful lot alike. Same person perhaps?

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 18, 2018, 06:31:21 PM
Quote from: Messagingfromthebathroom on Jul 18, 2018, 06:03:08 PM
These guest posts sound an awful lot alike. Same person perhaps?

Exactly what i was thinking... Maybe they have a few squads of 2-3 people that relays one after another to post here  :laugh:

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

What we see is brute force pred but Shane says it's cheetah like... yup. Indominus Pred is what we have here. Probably can natively cloak and create bone like weapons. I bet it has no need for predator technology. All of it will be genetically encoded into the creature. Complete with plasma caster breath. I mean wouldn't you do the same thing? Why lug all that crap around when it could just be a part of you.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed