Predator 2 appreciation

Started by frasermaxx, Sep 06, 2022, 02:29:00 PM

Author
Predator 2 appreciation (Read 6,212 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

First thing, no to condescension, Master. And for everyone else, the intention of the thread has been made clear. Stick to the intention.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I loved its accurate depiction of Los Angeles in the late 90s.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

And snipped. I believe I asked for the condescension to be dropped.

Master

Master

I'm I being censored Boss? Because  honest to God, I don't know where I was in slightest stepping on the line in my last post.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Comparing someone's opinion you disagreed with with the human anatomy. You were being rude and condescending. There's no need to get in a tiff about Prey in here, this thread is to talk about the things folk appreciate about Predator 2. Let's get back on topic.

Master

Master

I wasn't compering nobody's opinion. It was said in general, that everybody has got it's own opinion. Also, I'm not the one who brought Prey into the thread. Sorry, but I do get a feeling some are allowed more then others, which makes me abit bitter tbh.

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

Let's keep it positive

How about this awesome illustrated poster for the film! Has to be one of the best posters in the entire franchise, Predator OR Alien imo

Master

Master

Actually, Predator 2 is the only one on my Predator Poster Wall with two of them, because how good they were!

The picture is old and there's also a Prey poster there already, but I'm in the middle of renovation of my kids room, so allot of stuff is put temporarily into my study  and  I can't  (won't) take another due to overwhelming  mess 😀

SiL

SiL

I love the painted poster and the photo of City Hunter.

The spine always seemed a bit short though :laugh:

Master

Master

And to stiff but who cares!

Cougerboy

Cougerboy

P2 is an underrated sequel. I like how City Hunter gets new weapons like the Combi stick and the netgun. And its hard to imagine a movie nowadays having voodoo Jamaican gangs, Columbian drug lords, dubious government agents, alien hunter on a safari, in-your-face journalists, violent cop and over-the-top swearing, all in one movie.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Cougerboy on Sep 08, 2022, 08:29:28 AMP2 is an underrated sequel. I like how City Hunter gets new weapons like the Combi stick and the netgun. And its hard to imagine a movie nowadays having voodoo Jamician gangs, Columbian drug lords, dubious government agents, alien hunter on a safari, in-your-face journalists, violent cop and over-the-top swearing, all in one movie.

It's a very Cocaine movie

Kradan

Kradan

El Scorpio is ready

frasermaxx

frasermaxx

Hi everyone, glad to see so many responses on this. The point of this thread is not to compare which movie or weapons are better. Films are like art and directors its artists we cannot compare them. Every film/art is made in a different style to appreciate. Director Stephen Hopkins had stated if he would've done it now he would've done it differently, maybe we could have got an even better film.

Lets also not forget the terrific and adrenaline pumping score of Predator 2 by Alan Silvestri, it just made it epic and tied it into the Predator universe. Especially listen to the track when King Willie gets killed the score buildup is phenomenal with the percussions going crazy.

Also movie like this don't get made anymore:(

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Nicely put.

My favourite Predator track to date:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed