Fred Dekker on the original third act

Started by RidgeTop, Jul 13, 2019, 06:02:04 AM

Author
Fred Dekker on the original third act (Read 26,482 times)

RidgeTop

RakaiThwei

Highly doubt the original act would've made the movie any better but.... whatever, I guess.

Stitch

It almost sounds like a better movie. Almost.

SM

SM

It doesn't really sound better than what we got.

Drukathi

May be the case in Predator Killer. They just put "=" between Predator-fans and Marvel-fans.

QuoteSigourney didn't want to clear any future for Ripley in the franchise and ultimately I don't think anybody remembers Newt well enough for that to have meant anything.

Oh, yes, no one remember Newt, because Aliens was released in 1986 - this is such an old film. No one is watching this today. Serious - thanks for not mixing Alien and Predator again, especially considering that The Predator has links to AvP films,

PsyKore

Kinda feel bad for him. His point on "Hollywood" trying to appeal to everyone is definitely a problem nowadays. But the film overall is still batshit crazy despite that.

SuperiorIronman

In hindsight that motivation for them makes a surprising amount of sense considering the hell-hole in the galaxy their home-world is supposed to be.

It might not have been the film people had been expecting, but considering the last three films, pumping millions more into it for the sake of "purity" pretty much shot itself in the foot. These films never make Marvel levels of money and expecting it out of it now for the sake of comparing it to the other films while green-lighting it in the first place should probably have got that suit fired for it.

It's interesting to me that what hurt The Predator was pretty much what wee expected, a suit making a poor decision. Was there any firings over at Fox after this? I'm curious who actually made that call.

Whiskeybrewer

As ive said before i would have preferred the film to have possibly failed under its original vision, rather than getting cut up and redone

Voodoo Magic

QuoteAt some point or another, the studio, I think, and I'm not pointing fingers at anyone in particular, but there were these misgivings that we were straying too far from what people expected the movie to be." 

Thank you Fox. I'm all for expanding the Predator universe in creative, measured ways but wacky hybridization? Slapstick pred-dogs (which we got), pred-spiders, pred-monkeys? Plus completely demystifing Predators with friendly ADI Crabators in camoflague suits working with humans and riding tanks and smoking cigarettes?

#FoxMadeTheRightDecision

Whiskeybrewer

#FoxOnlyHaveThemselvesToBlame

lol

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jul 13, 2019, 01:20:11 PM
#FoxOnlyHaveThemselvesToBlame

lol

#SadButTrue

They cauterized a wound they created. :-\

Samhain13

XENOMORPHOSIS

Kind of a shame that it turned out this wait, we'll probably not get another Predator film give or take a decade or so.

426Buddy

I think we may see another Alien film in the next 5 years or so but probably nothing with a predator for at least a decade.

D88M

D88M

Test screenings, test audiences, business men meddling, rewrites and reshoots are nothing else than unprofessional behaviours that should stop as soon as possible, they only serve to make movies worse most of the time.
Having said that, this movie was doomed from the start because the very approach towards it was wrong, nothing could had made it decent except making a completely different movie, even the first half of the movie that is not completely bad is very choppy and mediocre.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed